ADVERTISEMENT

HROT Poll Included: 59% Of Republicans Say Immigrants “Hurt The Country And Make It A Worse Place To Live”

What is your opinion on the impact of immigrants to the United States

• I'm Dem/Liberal Leaning and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Better Place to Live

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • I'm Dem/Liberal Leaning and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Worse Place to Live

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I'm Rep/Right Leaning and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Better Place to Live

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • I'm Rep/Right Leaning and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Worse Place to Live

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I'm Libertarian and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Better Place to Live

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I'm Libertarian and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Worse Place to Live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Independent and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Better Place to Live

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • I'm Independent and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Worse Place to Live

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some do. Some don’t Blanket statements on all immigrants is dumb.

like saying all liquids are good to consume or all bad.
I prefer a blanket firing, so I can't settle for halvsies on these particular subjects.

I'm gonna need a full commitment one way or the other.

Either fire them all, or keep them all......and adjusted the budget accordingly.

We do not have the work force to produce the goods to keep this country going. We are long passed the point where bring jobs back home is a good thing. We have created a National security crisis by shutting down legal immigration while relying on other nations to produce the products we need for even our health and safety.

There is no excuse in not opening the path for legal immigration, to reenforce our workforce. I've worked more 7 day weeks this year than 5. Our facility has been able to drop our backlog from 10.2 Million dollars to 6.4. We are 2 months behind getting product to our customers, partly from our own labor shortage, and partly from our supplier's. This same problem exist across all industries. You can't expect to buy any replacement parts right now with less than a 16 week lead time.

We need workers.
This. We have hired a lot of foreign born workers, and the skills we need translate very well. We could hire all that the government lets in.

The United States is probably ready for a 20 year break on immigration to assimilate into the population and learn to speak English.

Immigrants don't assimilate. Their kids and grandkids do. My dad had friends on the south side of Des Moines whose parents came to the US from Italy (in the 1920s). Those parents still couldn't speak English in the 1940s and 50s.
It takes at least a generation to assimilate.

When I was in the Coast Guard, I got sent to California to attend a technical school.

One night while on Liberty, we went to Taco Bell and we had coupons giving us $0.50 off a taco or something like that. It was a pretty big deal... more than half price in the early 1990s. But these coupons were all over the training base.

Anyway, the dude behind the counter must have been fresh over the border. He knew menu items and American money, but that was the extent of his English. Had no idea what a "coupon" was and couldn't read it, so he had to go get his manager.

True story, bro.
Only you could be this triggered over a $.50 coupon 30 years later. That immigrant is probably way more successful in life than you now. He demonstrated hard work, and a willingness to reach past limitations in life. You go fetal over coupons.

Only you could be this triggered over a $.50 coupon 30 years later. That immigrant is probably way more successful in life than you now. He demonstrated hard work, and a willingness to reach past limitations in life. You go fetal over coupons.
Lol. How in the hell would you have any idea about the immigrant’s life story or work ethic from his story?

Reactions: goldmom
Melania sure as shit didn't do much for this country.
She became a trusted confidante of and advisor to the President of the United States.

That seems like a big deal to me.

She also added some Slovenian DNA to the collective gene pool. Can you imagine what her American-born granddaughters and grandsons will look like?

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Immigrants don't assimilate. Their kids and grandkids do. My dad had friends on the south side of Des Moines whose parents came to the US from Italy (in the 1920s). Those parents still couldn't speak English in the 1940s and 50s.
Do not make a blanket statement. My immigrant grandparents learned English and assimilated and also kept traditions of their native country.

Yes. This is typical everywhere.

Fox News runs loops to condition its viewership on "illegal immigration" and similar nonsensical and often irrelevant topics because it doesn't produce legitimate news reporting, instead targeting hot button social issues appealing to its low information audience.

This is the information platform fueling Republicans (and Independents and Democrats which is moving the voting registers toward the Republicans).

Last edited:
Reactions: TC Nole OX
Fox News runs loops to condition its viewership on "illegal immigration" and similar nonsensical and often irrelevant topics because it doesn't produce legitimate news reporting, instead targeting hot button social issues appealing to its low information audience.

This is the information platform fueling Republicans (and Independents and Democrats which is moving the voting registers toward the Republicans).
You watch Fox News?

I love immigrants.

Was in Detroit all last month on business. Ate out a lot plus too much fast food. Wow, the immigrants were so much more interactive and seemed to actually enjoy their jobs. The 20-year old American kids typically had almost zero social skills and just seemed miserable. Chick-fil-a seems to be the odd exception to this rule.

Yeah, immigrants over young American workers any day of the week.

You gotta get the right sort of immigrants.

Like all the young Russian IT experts who fled the country before the war, or the really smart Asians.

Poors flooding the southern border with no skills or education?

Not so much.

Joining the native poors?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT