ADVERTISEMENT

HROT Poll Included: 59% Of Republicans Say Immigrants “Hurt The Country And Make It A Worse Place To Live”

What is your opinion on the impact of immigrants to the United States

• I'm Dem/Liberal Leaning and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Better Place to Live

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • I'm Dem/Liberal Leaning and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Worse Place to Live

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I'm Rep/Right Leaning and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Better Place to Live

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • I'm Rep/Right Leaning and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Worse Place to Live

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I'm Libertarian and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Better Place to Live

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I'm Libertarian and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Worse Place to Live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Independent and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Better Place to Live

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • I'm Independent and I Believe Immigrants Make the U.S. a Worse Place to Live

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007

Fox News Poll: 59% Of Republicans Say Immigrants “Hurt The Country And Make It A Worse Place To Live”​

Mediaite reports:
Respondents to the latest Fox News poll were asked “In general, do you think immigrants who come to the United States today help the country and make it a better place to live or hurt the country and make it a worse place to live?”
While a solid 45 percent to 39 percent plurality of all Americans said that immigrants “help the country and make it a better place to live,” fewer than half that number of Republicans — 22 percent — said the same.
Instead, fully 59 percent responded that immigrants “hurt the country and make it a worse place to live,” and a further 14 percent said it “depends,” for a total of 83 percent who think immigrants “hurt the country and make it a worse place to live” at least sometimes.

• Wow
Reactions: Torg
You gotta get the right sort of immigrants.

Like all the young Russian IT experts who fled the country before the war, or the really smart Asians.

Poors flooding the southern border with no skills or education?

Not so much.

Melania sure as shit didn't do much for this country.
It is possible that she fathered a future president. (We will know in about 40 years.)

She certainly improved the collective gene pool as far as good looks go.

Right along with Gisselle and all of the other foreign born super models.

Unless you have been out there in the World looking around, you would have no idea how significant this is.

I think we as a society are at a crossroads. The birth rate is at a historically low level and our nations growth rate is suffering because of it. Deaths now outpace births so we only have a net positive because of immigration. And the immigration rate is also lower than it has been in generations because many other countries can offer more educational and career opportunities than they would have 50 or more years ago. And even then many foreign students come to the US to study and get a degree, and eventually return to their homeland (I believe China is the foremost example as its much more competitive for college applicants, so even the finest American colleges are effectively “safety schools”).

Additionally many immigrants and refugees leave their homeland to escape poverty or war, but often bring their problems with them. Their children often find themselves getting involved with the wrong crowd and are more likely than ever to join ethnic gangs for protection and a feeling of belonging rather than living the American dream of working their way up from the bottom to get to the top. Yes, there is still a sense of gratitude that immigrants have, but a sense of American apathy (or even xenophobia) towards immigrants dilutes this gratitude. And in todays world, the quality of life here isn’t leaps and bounds better than where they came from (traditionally it was). Other countries are catching up and competing. There may be a day coming when college educated Americans will be looking abroad for job opportunities at a much higher rate than we are seeing even now.

Reactions: Moral and DFSNOLE
You gotta get the right sort of immigrants.

Like all the young Russian IT experts who fled the country before the war, or the really smart Asians.

Poors flooding the southern border with no skills or education?

Not so much.
Whats the track record on first generation Americans? Pretty good isnt it?

We do not have the work force to produce the goods to keep this country going. We are long passed the point where bring jobs back home is a good thing. We have created a National security crisis by shutting down legal immigration while relying on other nations to produce the products we need for even our health and safety.

There is no excuse in not opening the path for legal immigration, to reenforce our workforce. I've worked more 7 day weeks this year than 5. Our facility has been able to drop our backlog from 10.2 Million dollars to 6.4. We are 2 months behind getting product to our customers, partly from our own labor shortage, and partly from our supplier's. This same problem exist across all industries. You can't expect to buy any replacement parts right now with less than a 16 week lead time.

We need workers.

A fair compromise that I think all sides can support would be a 1 for 1 swap where we send out our fat chicks and get non fat chicks in return. That should at minimum stabilize the birth rate

No. He's just going to bitch about the price of goods rising due to increased labor costs.

When I was in the Coast Guard, I got sent to California to attend a technical school.

One night while on Liberty, we went to Taco Bell and we had coupons giving us $0.50 off a taco or something like that. It was a pretty big deal... more than half price in the early 1990s. But these coupons were all over the training base.

Anyway, the dude behind the counter must have been fresh over the border. He knew menu items and American money, but that was the extent of his English. Had no idea what a "coupon" was and couldn't read it, so he had to go get his manager.

True story, bro.

When I was in the Coast Guard, I got sent to California to attend a technical school.

One night while on Liberty, we went to Taco Bell and we had coupons giving us $0.50 off a taco or something like that. It was a pretty big deal... more than half price in the early 1990s. But these coupons were all over the training base.

Anyway, the dude behind the counter must have been fresh over the border. He knew menu items and American money, but that was the extent of his English. Had no idea what a "coupon" was and couldn't read it, so he had to go get his manager.

True story, bro.
Getting manager for a coupon? Well thats just.... pretty common.

True story, bro.
A ton of fast food joints have digital ordering now. Either with your phone or a kiosk. This will become the standard. So this won't be a thing much longer.

True story, bro.
BFD.

Reactions: lucas80
Why didn’t the poll make a distinction between legal and illegal immigrants?
Because that’s how it’s messaged. Just like that skank Meryl Streep at an awards show insinuating republicans are anti immigration. Complete BS

In my home office, I have a copy of my ancestor's document marking his immigration from Norway.

Immigrants are what makes America great.

Reactions: goldmom

Fox News Poll: 59% Of Republicans Say Immigrants “Hurt The Country And Make It A Worse Place To Live”​

Mediaite reports:

I am a Republican, and I think we are in desperate need of more immigrants. That said, only those that follow the law and do not just show up at our doorstep demanding to be let in.

Only half of the trillion dollar companies in this country are run by immigrants.

Last edited:
I get to work with people all over the world. It’s incredible and has significantly shaped me as a person. Every culture has something to teach us

There's only two things I hate in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT