ADVERTISEMENT

Huge recruiting weekend for Iowa Wreslting

Glazier-Albert Lea, Mn
Assad-Glenbard North, Illinois
Balmeceda-South Dade, FL
Broderson-Assumption
Siebrecht-Lisbon

Both Schrievers-Mason City
Jesse Ybarra-Sunnyside, Az (Same school as RBY)

Balmeceda would be a big get this weekend along with the other 2019 guys, Glazier and Assad. I really like Broderson...good athlete and one of those guys that could make a substantial leap in our room.

I think Schriever is obvious but here comes another Sunnyside guy in Ybarra. I am biased as it’s my old hood, but he’s going to be a good one. Not as athletic as RBY but technically proficient and his positioning is very good.

Thanks Todd!

Last edited:
Can’t knock what NC State is doing. It’s year 3 under this regime??

You could argue that not everyone wants to take the mason Manville route of being damn good but never ever seeing the lineup.

Win or lose, it will be an experience that he probably has never seen before in his young life. Kinnick at night is a thing of beauty. Hard not to fall in love with Iowa.

Agreed, but hard to not commit on the spot after hearing Iowa fans at full volume in Kinnick, especially with the possibility of another Grapple on the Gridiron!

I have a friend who coaches at a school that competes against Lake Highland Prep (Blair Acadamy South). Belle was wrestling 145 midway through the season but went up to 160 to get better matches.

He is not a huge kid, he may he bigger, but probably not a 197 pounder in college.

roger that. He is wrestling super 32 at 170. Patrick Kennedy is in his bracket. Should be interesting.

flow lists Bele at 184. Kid has olympic aspirations...... but then again don't we all?? :)

Reactions: depelland
Agreed, but hard to not commit on the spot after hearing Iowa fans at full volume in Kinnick, especially with the possibility of another Grapple on the Gridiron!
I think Balmeceda was suppose to be in NSCT last week along with many other high ranking recruits, but it had to be cancelled because of the hurricane. I wonder if that will hurt NCST in the long run. Nomad did say recently he believes Balmeceda will pick Iowa

Reactions: DirkTang1

Glazier-Albert Lea, Mn
Balmeceda-South Dade, FL
Broderson-Assumption
Siebrecht-Lisbon

Balmeceda would be a big get this weekend along with the other 2019 guys, Glazier and Assad. I really like Broderson...good athlete and one of those guys that could make a substantial leap in our room.

I think Schriever is obvious but here comes another Sunnyside guy in Ybarra. I am biased as it’s my old hood, but he’s going to be a good one. Not as athletic as RBY but technically proficient and his positioning is very good.

Thanks Todd!

Glazier-Albert Lea, Mn
Balmeceda-South Dade, FL
Broderson-Assumption
Siebrecht-Lisbon

Thanks Todd!

Ybarra beat rathjen in the finals at Fargo. 4-2 I think?

I'd scrub shit out of the Brands' brothers toilet with my toothbrush if we can land nine more Spencer Lees
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT