ADVERTISEMENT

Huge week.

Nov 9, 2007
What a schedule for the men this week. Probably the biggest regular season week in decades, particularly since one of the games is a Big Ten game against a team the Hawks should be battling for position.

ESPN's BPI has Duke by .3 points, Iowa over ISU by 7.8 points (hard to believe that), and Hawks over Wisconsin by 7.1 (also hard to believe). Not sure what KenPom says.

3-0 dream scenario
2-1 great result
1-2 missed opportunity, but could be ok depending who we beat, would prefer it being Duke at a neutral site or Wisconsin
0-3 not gonna consider it.

Need electric crowds in Carver on Thursday and Sunday to help with the tired legs.
Go Hawks!

Really worried about the ISU game. We will be playing them tired, just 2 days after battling Duke and a long plane ride. We need CHA to be rocking on Thursday! Duke is a great opportunity, nothing to lose there. Of course we need to beat Wisconsin since it is a conference foe. No easy games that's for sure.

Does it seem to anyone else like Iowa always gets a week or more off and then plays like 3 games in 7 days?

Does it seem to anyone else like Iowa always gets a week or more off and then plays like 3 games in 7 days?
It does feel like that at times, particularly as we approach finals time.

I think with respect to this week the Duke game was a late addition, where basically it was presented as an opportunity and Fran said you can't pass it up. Without that addition, it would have set up nicely with ISU on a long rest and Wisconsin in Iowa City. As it is now, the team will get back Wednesday early morning while flying through the night. Then jam in the scout for ISU the next day. Not easy, but it'd be fun as a player.

Again, Carver can push them over the top on Thursday so hopefully it's rocking.

Really worried about the ISU game. We will be playing them tired, just 2 days after battling Duke and a long plane ride. We need CHA to be rocking on Thursday! Duke is a great opportunity, nothing to lose there. Of course we need to beat Wisconsin since it is a conference foe. No easy games that's for sure.
Weather looks bad Thursday unfortunately

What a schedule for the men this week. Probably the biggest regular season week in decades, particularly since one of the games is a Big Ten game against a team the Hawks should be battling for position.

ESPN's BPI has Duke by .3 points, Iowa over ISU by 7.8 points (hard to believe that), and Hawks over Wisconsin by 7.1 (also hard to believe). Not sure what KenPom says.

3-0 dream scenario
2-1 great result
1-2 missed opportunity, but could be ok depending who we beat, would prefer it being Duke at a neutral site or Wisconsin

Need electric crowds in Carver on Thursday and Sunday to help with the tired legs.
Go Hawks!

KP has Duke by 1, Iowa by 7 over both ISU/WI. Keeping in mind, it's still early and KP still isn't using solely this season yet.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill

3-0 dream scenario
2-1 great result

Go Hawks!
Kenpom right in line. Gotta have 1, 2 would be great, 3 would be incredible.

3-0 dream scenario
2-1 great result

Go Hawks!

I demand that we go 3-0.

Thank you.

We are a rebounder away from going 2-1 IMO. Buckle up boys it’s going to be a rough ride.

He might be the most cerebral player I’ve seen in awhile. There is no doubt he’s going to be a hell of a coach someday. Other than the nepotism gripes I wouldn’t mind him on our staff. He needs to be coaching somewhere!

How tired can they be? Played 7 games in a month and just had a week off.

I realize these college kids play with extreme effort but I have often thought the same as you. They love this game they play so do they really get this exhausted?

3-0 dream scenario
2-1 great result

Go Hawks!

I would like to see continued B10 success against Duke. Looking forward to watching the game and good luck tomorrow night.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Iowa doesn't win games like this one tonight. We have a good chance against ISU and Wisky.

0-3.

Simply put, this team is not good.

Combine that with one of the worst home court advantages in a major conference, and you have a recipe for defeat.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
It’s too bad that Iowa really doesn’t have a shooter playing guard. I can see why Fran wanted to start Sandfort(although he’s off this year) but had to make the adjustment because of his D at the 2 spot.

I don’t think it’s going to be a terrible year but probably a bubble team from what I’ve seen thus far.

Reactions: blhawk
With Murray out for some period of time, it switches the mindset on this week's results. Just need to get one of the next two and we'll be alright. Hopefully he can return by the 12/29 game @ Nebraska (they are looking better than expected).

Go Hawks
Alright! The good guys got one.

So many positives last night. Rebraca's continued ascendance being one of the biggest pieces. The Hawks rebounding relatively well and punching back against a physical team huge as well. And can't emphasize how different the Hawks look when they hit from the perimeter.

Negatives? Patrick still drives me crazy with his wildly up and down play, some of which is simply effort mistakes which shouldn't occur. The whole team needs to continue with better ball movement (particularly less dribbling, that's what gets Patrick/Ulis/etc. into trouble and takes the team out of the flow on offense).

Going to be a barn-burner on Sunday, let's get it done!

The week started with 3 difficult games, and we ended up down 2 starters by the third game. Not ideal, but hopefully the Hawks will be better off because of the experience come March.

For now, hopefully the week is filled with A's and B's and lots of training room.

Luckily we have a couple cupcakes coming up. Hopefully everyone is healthy by Dec 29th.

Next 4 games:

Sat Dec 17 vs SE Missouri State
Wed Dec 21 vs Eastern Illinois
Thur Dec 29 at Nebraska
Sun Jan 1 at Penn State

Luckily we have a couple cupcakes coming up. Hopefully everyone is healthy by Dec 29th.

Next 4 games:

Sat Dec 17 vs SE Missouri State
Wed Dec 21 vs Eastern Illinois
Thur Dec 29 at Nebraska
Sun Jan 1 at Penn State
12/29 and 1/1 are going to be huge. With a healthy roster the Hawks should be very slight favorites I'd imagine, but gotta find a way to win close games.

Reactions: Franisdaman
12/29 and 1/1 are going to be huge. With a healthy roster the Hawks should be very slight favorites I'd imagine, but gotta find a way to win close games.

Might be slightly favored over Nebraska but I don't see that being the case with Penn State...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT