ADVERTISEMENT

Hundreds of children being admitted to Arizona hospitals for COVID-19

giphy.gif

It does seem like a sensational fake news headline with a story lacking details.
Along with the info not adding up with what we’ve been seeing from the virus for months.
But, the excitement of this possibility from the usual suspects is noted.
You're the one who doesn't appear to give a shit about Americans dying from this. No big deal. No risk. 400,000 dead. We're going to be at a half million in a month...but it is what it is, right?

You're the one who doesn't appear to give a shit about Americans dying from this. No big deal. No risk. 400,000 dead. We're going to be at a half million in a month...but it is what it is, right?

Did you have some new info or precautions that are going to change things?
Or, do you just like creating straw men and acting hysterical all the time?

It does seem like a sensational fake news headline with a story lacking details.
Along with the info not adding up with what we’ve been seeing from the virus for months.
But, the excitement of this possibility from the usual suspects is noted.

"At the beginning of the study, the average cumulative hospitalization rate per 100 000 children was 2.0, increasing to 17.2 by the end of the study," the study reads.

At the end of the study, Arizona ranked as one of two hot spots for children contracting COVID-19. "Hawaii and New Hampshire had the lowest rates at 4.3 and 3.4 per 100 000 respectively and South Dakota and Arizona had the highest rates at 33.7 and 32.8 per 100 000."

The study looked at numbers between the dates May 15, 2020, and November 15, 2020.”

AKA “lacking details”

Maybe if you are illiterate.

"At the beginning of the study, the average cumulative hospitalization rate per 100 000 children was 2.0, increasing to 17.2 by the end of the study," the study reads.

At the end of the study, Arizona ranked as one of two hot spots for children contracting COVID-19. "Hawaii and New Hampshire had the lowest rates at 4.3 and 3.4 per 100 000 respectively and South Dakota and Arizona had the highest rates at 33.7 and 32.8 per 100 000."

The study looked at numbers between the dates May 15, 2020, and November 15, 2020.”

AKA “lacking details”

Maybe if you are illiterate.
Why were they hospitalized, how long do they stay, any in ICU, on ventilators etc., that’s the details people want to know, not just some numbers.

Those numbers seem to be in line with the increase in virus activity from May to November.

Thankfully, it looks like we don’t need to worry about that in Iowa at this point.
I shared our numbers above.

Hundreds.... Per month

That could be 4 kids admitted per day for 30 days. Wouldn't be shocking to me.

I guess I'm not sure the point of this tweet. There's nothing special about AZ. Every state has been hit. For kids, influenza is a bigger concern than COVID.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Hundreds.... Per month

That could be 4 kids admitted per day for 30 days. Wouldn't be shocking to me.

I guess I'm not sure the point of this tweet. There's nothing special about AZ. Every state has been hit. For kids, influenza is a bigger concern than COVID.

Looks like it’s hundreds (well, less than 100 in many states)...over a 6 month period.

Please explain your bad issues? Kids dying? Kids hospitalized?
Nobody has died or been hospitalized that I’m aware but the numbers have been out of control all year. The staff is weary from being forced to teach in person and virtually, simultaneously and having to cover for colleagues. Behaviors are through the roof. It’s been chaos, and unproductive. I should have been more clear—I guess I meant “bad” as rampant spread, massive amounts of absences from students and staff, over worked staff, little to no subs available/willing to sub—just a very poor educational experience across the board, compared to what it could have been if different decisions were made.

Nobody has died or been hospitalized that I’m aware but the numbers have been out of control all year. The staff is weary from being forced to teach in person and virtually, simultaneously and having to cover for colleagues. Behaviors are through the roof. It’s been chaos, and unproductive. I should have been more clear—I guess I meant “bad” as rampant spread, massive amounts of absences from students and staff, over worked staff, little to no subs available/willing to sub—just a very poor educational experience across the board, compared to what it could have been if different decisions were made.
Sounds like a school issue. Most schools
In the state of iowa have been running smoothly for the entire school year.

@TailgateTom

It doesn’t personally affect them so it doesn’t matter. That’s the long and short of their argument. These kinds of people are

Selfish

Arrogant

Indifferent to the suffering of others

Cruel

I‘d bet it’s affected me and my family more than you. That’s not my argument at all.
You promote hysteria and panic, when you don’t think people are upset enough.
That doesn’t help the situation, or do one bit of good.
But, it’s clear it makes you feel morally superior. So, congrats?

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
This is your argument? Pathetic.

Not arguing anything. Just pointed out some data, and suggested this is being sensationalized when in actuality, the numbers are very low. Especially in Iowa, where many of us are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT