ADVERTISEMENT

Hundreds of children being admitted to Arizona hospitals for COVID-19

My wife’s hot and dirty talking cousin is a nurse she said a lot of the kids are Native American.
That would make the most sense because Sturgis is home to many Native Americans it was only a matter of time.

Not arguing anything. Just pointed out some data, and suggested this is being sensationalized when in actuality, the numbers are very low. Especially in Iowa, where many of us are.
When we are going to lose over a half million Americans in one year to a virus...sensationalized? Man oh man. I'm actually typing this while quarantined...good stuff. All our lives have been flipped on end, in order to save lives...which Trump didn't want to do out of selfishness. It shouldn't have been this bad.

Since late July, Iowa has averaged 1.27 patients admitted per day that are ages 0-17.

And surprisingly (not at all), there is a quite regular pattern of 2 days with no admission and 5 days with admission. Many of these kids are having surgeries, other procedures, etc. and happen to test positive.

Looks like 11 have died in the 0-29 age group. Also hospitalizations for 18-29 is at 11% - that's more than the 60-69 age group at 9%.

$100 says somebody fat fingered a data entry

Average of 4 in that 18-29 age group admitted each day

Average of 18 in the 60-69 age group admitted each day

Now ask yourself why there would be more 18-29 in the hospital. Data error is the only logical explanation

$100 says somebody fat fingered a data entry

Average of 4 in that 18-29 age group admitted each day

Average of 18 in the 60-69 age group admitted each day

Now ask yourself why there would be more 18-29 in the hospital. Data error is the only logical explanation
No, it's not the only explanation. Another is that 18-29 year olds are getting Covid at a far higher rate than the 60-69 age group.

No, it's not the only explanation. Another is that 18-29 year olds are getting Covid at a far higher rate than the 60-69 age group.

18-29 definitely get the virus at a much higher rate, but they are admitted to the hospital at a much lower rate.

If admits are way LOWER, why would there be MORE young folks in the hospital?

It is illogical for there to be more 18-29 year olds currently hospitalized in Iowa than 60-69 given they are admitted at a much lower rate. The data is wrong. Period. I've looked at this a few times a week since it was made available and it's never looked like this.

18-29 definitely get the virus at a much higher rate, but they are admitted to the hospital at a much lower rate.

If admits are way LOWER, why would there be MORE young folks in the hospital?

It is illogical for there to be more 18-29 year olds currently hospitalized in Iowa than 60-69 given they are admitted at a much lower rate. The data is wrong. Period. I've looked at this a few times a week since it was made available and it's never looked like this.
JFC - 10% of 5000 is greater than 30% of 1000, for example. It's simple math.

Perhaps there is an error in the data. I can't say for sure. But there is an explanation if the data is correct.

JFC - 10% of 5000 is greater than 30% of 1000, for example. It's simple math.

JFC, I'm the one using simple math. You are the one NOT using simple math

18-29 whipper snappers: 4 per day admitted

60-69 y/o: 18 per day admitted

Simple math. There's no logical explanation why 18-29 y/o were in the hospital more than 60-69 y/o. It's an anomaly in the data.

Population irrelevant. Total cases irrelevant. These are actual patients admitted

Reactions: Pinehawk
JFC, I'm the one using simple math. You are the one NOT using simple math

18-29 whipper snappers: 4 per day admitted

60-69 y/o: 18 per day admitted

Simple math. There's no logical explanation why 18-29 y/o were in the hospital more than 60-69 y/o. It's an anomaly in the data.

Population irrelevant. Total cases irrelevant. These are actual patients admitted
https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/hospitalization-analysis

SMH. As of the last date reported here there are 5 confirmed hospitalized in the 60-69 range and 6 in the 18-29 range.

SMH. As of the last date reported here there are 5 confirmed hospitalized in the 60-69 range and 6 in the 18-29 range.

So, it looks like we're moving away from 'children' now to help you make your point.
The OP said 'hundreds of children' are being hospitalized.
The goal posts have been shifting ever since.

If you just look at yesterdays data, it was 9 in the 60-60 range and 6 in the 18-29 range.

Oh, and today in Iowa, hospitalization of those 0-17? O people.

So, it looks like we're moving away from 'children' now to help you make your point.
The OP said 'hundreds of children' are being hospitalized.
The goal posts have been shifting ever since.

If you just look at yesterdays data, it was 9 in the 60-60 range and 6 in the 18-29 range.

Oh, and today in Iowa, hospitalization of those 0-17? O people.
Not moving anything. Just correcting your misleading post and trying to explain how we could have more in the 18-29 range hospitalized than the 60-69 range on a given day.

What a dumb metric. That is the admitted for one specific day; not currently hospitalized. It's not helpful for me to know how many 18-29 were admitted yesterday, but it is helpful to know if say 100 of our current 474 inpatients are 60-69

Admissions on any single day can be swayed by an unusually high or low day whereas 7 day averages OR total inpatients are much more stable

Reactions: Pinehawk
It does seem like a sensational fake news headline with a story lacking details.
Along with the info not adding up with what we’ve been seeing from the virus for months.
But, the excitement of this possibility from the usual suspects is noted.
Your Bishop would be ashamed of you.

You dind't need to respond I knew you were likely a nominal catholic. Probably just wear the badge so the kids don't have to go school with minorities.

Not sure what your problem is. I wear no badge and you clearly are uniformed if you think there aren't minorities at school.

Almost all of the Iowa Schools have been open all year and sports continued. VERY FEW covid issues.
This is NOT true. Many many schools have had athletic teams shut down because of covid. Throughout various seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT