ADVERTISEMENT

Hunting for Sport is a Mental Illness and Perverted

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Nor does saying that you eat what you kill really change that assessment unless you actually need to hunt to survive.

11224266_1141350499212944_4739490434046982749_n.jpg

This thread should spark a larger conversation.

Why does anyone put any stock in the opinions of celebrities? Does being famous make people experts on anything not related to their own success? I never understood why a "celebrity endorsement" persuaded anybody to do anything.

"I'm The Tradition and I drink Budweiser."

Why should that make YOU want to drink Budweiser?

Until someone can explain how pumping animals with chemicals and raising them to be slaughtered is more humane than hunting for food this isn't even a conversation. From what I've gathered the picture portrays the idea that hunting for sport is wrong, while the OP is portraying hunting animals for food is wrong. Two different things.

Presumably "entertainment" and, in his case, "a good way to make a buck without hurting people or animals."

I wonder how many metric tons of ice caps have melted due to the methane released from the copious amounts of bullshit you repeatedly post on this site hour after hour, day after day.

Sir Roger Moore must have went to medical school after he retired from being a spy.

This thread should spark a larger conversation.

Why does anyone put any stock in the opinions of celebrities? Does being famous make people experts on anything not related to their own success? I never understood why a "celebrity endorsement" persuaded anybody to do anything.

"I'm The Tradition and I drink Budweiser."

Why should that make YOU want to drink Budweiser?

Because most people are vapid morons and think because someone famous has an opinion....that they should be listened to.

you know...because we saw them on TV.

Nor does saying that you eat what you kill really change that assessment unless you actually need to hunt to survive.

11224266_1141350499212944_4739490434046982749_n.jpg
I'll be perfectly honest. There a very few hunters out there who have to hunt in order to feed their family. They do it for the thrill/sport and its just an added bonus that they get to fill their freezer with meat. I am one of those individuals, and I'm not ashamed of that one bit.
I wouldnt hunt if I didn't eat the meat, but I certainly don't hunt just for it.

Last edited:
Anti-hunters fail to realize that with out hunters animals such as deer would be every where. Causing damage.

1) Pheasants are yummy.

2) It wasn't all THAT long ago that hunting for personal food or to provide meat for the market was a necessity. Does anyone really think that penning up cattle, sheep, pigs and other animals and filling them with chemicals and hormones just to kill them for food is more humane?

3) Honoring a past by emulating it could include hunting, and might prove to be something that somebody better know how to do in the future if the last 150 years of industrial civilization prove to have been a temporary existence based on limited resources.

4) I have no problem how other people chose to live their lives, except when they try to run mine.

5) Pheasants are yummy.

Reactions: Hawk in SEC Country
Until someone can explain how pumping animals with chemicals and raising them to be slaughtered is more humane than hunting for food this isn't even a conversation. From what I've gathered the picture portrays the idea that hunting for sport is wrong, while the OP is portraying hunting animals for food is wrong. Two different things.
This borders on being the most incredibly stupid and morally bankrupt thing that gets said around here.

Since when are we not permitted to try to curtail one bad thing just because we aren't trying to curtail some other bad thing?

Needless to say, plenty of vegetarians, Buddhists and decent people of all stripes ARE opposing the mistreatment and slaughter of animals for food. But even those who haven't evolved that much are still right for opposing causing pain, suffering and death to animals just for fun or bragging rights.

2) It wasn't all THAT long ago that hunting for personal food or to provide meat for the market was a necessity. Does anyone really think that penning up cattle, sheep, pigs and other animals and filling them with chemicals and hormones just to kill them for food is more humane?
While it can be more humane, I don't hear anyone actually making that argument.

Nor is the fact that we aren't enlightened enough to stop brutalizing animals for food a reasonable argument that we should therefor keep killing for fun.

Nor is the fact that we aren't enlightened enough to stop brutalizing animals for food a reasonable argument that we should therefor keep killing for fun.

This is my rifle, this is my gun.
One is for shooting, one is for fun.

You do what you want. I'll do what I want. I really don't care if you think I'm brutalizing an animal.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
You do what you want. I'll do what I want. I really don't care if you think I'm brutalizing an animal.
My approval isn't even slightly the point. Whether you are an animal abuser is the point. Apparently you are.

Eventually the laws may catch up to you. Until then, you can pretend you are a decent person, but your comment makes it clear that you aren't.

Nope. But evolving in that direction.

I spent 7 years on a vegetarian diet, then went back to eating meat. Recently I've moved to a more paleo/organic diet, and i feel much better physically, than when i was eating conventionally grown and raised food. There is so much absolute bullshit in our food, from chemicals to hormones to fillers.... How can you disparage someone who hunts? A much healthier lifestyle overall. The VAST majority of hunters are very law abiding and very respectful of hunting laws and regulations.

However, i still don't believe you are a gun owner. Not with the views you have on gun ownership and the 2nd amendment.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeye54545
Nope. But evolving in that direction.
Well until then you should STFU. Every time you buy a piece of meat you're contributing to "animal abuse". Oh, and if you think hunting is animal abuse you should Probobly get rid of your car. Hitting a deer is far more abusive than hunting it and every time you drive a country road or interstate you risk doing that.

My approval isn't even slightly the point. Whether you are an animal abuser is the point. Apparently you are.

Eventually the laws may catch up to you. Until then, you can pretend you are a decent person, but your comment makes it clear that you aren't.

And again as is often the case you live in the world of your own little opinion. What laws are going to catch up with me? Again, only the ones in your head. The same head that makes up things like the fantasy that I'm abusive to animals. My opinion is you are a fanatical tyrant and should be kept as far away from authoritative power as possible.

Well until then you should STFU. Every time you buy a piece of meat you're contributing to "animal abuse". Oh, and if you think hunting is animal abuse you should Probobly get rid of your car. Hitting a deer is far more abusive than hunting it and every time you drive a country road or interstate you risk doing that.
People who haven't been paying attention probably shouldn't make posts like this. Too early to use the excuse that you are drunk.

This post is showing that all you do is troll, and are incredibly dishonest....intellectually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT