ADVERTISEMENT

Husband finds 70-year-old wife killed by family dog...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
ALBERTSON, N.Y. (WCBS) - A 70-year-old New York woman was mauled to death by the family dog in a scene police described as “horrific.”

Warning: This article contains disturbing details that may be upsetting to readers.

The victim’s husband told police when he returned home from work Wednesday, he found the pit bull dragging his wife through the backyard. Responding officers described the victim as having been mutilated.

Police say the 7-year-old dog turned on them before an officer shot and killed it.

The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.

The dog was reportedly the couple’s son’s pet dog, but he died just a couple weeks ago in a motorcycle crash.

Police say they have no reports of any previous incidents regarding the dog.

"Challenges" is a very innocuous way to describe being mutilated by a dog.

challenges as in the type of dog and what it takes to own an adult pit, not the result of her not understanding said challenges

Last edited:
Or if there was a good dog with a gun.

200w.gif

I hate hearing Pit Bull owners say “it’s not them it’s their training”
:massive eye roll:

They are a mean breed at their core and will revert to that in many cases.
Say what you will about people entrenched in their political beliefs, but the most irrational people in the world are those that have, and defend, pit bulls.

Without a doubt.

I for one think anyone who willingly owns a pit bull is mentally challenged. End of story.

I would not go so far as labeling people mentally challenged solely based on the type of dog they own. I would question the decision based on the risk and associated limitations ( home insurance primarily) with owning any of the terriers labeled as pit bulls or even a Rottweiler. I would not own one because of the risk/limitations but I would assume many of the roughly 4 million people who own pit bulls did weigh the risks and were comfortable making that decision, unfortunately for some that decision does prove to be deadly.

Reactions: McLovin32
I would not go so far as labeling people mentally challenged solely based on the type of dog they own. I would question the decision based on the risk and associated limitations ( home insurance primarily) with owning any of the terriers labeled as pit bulls or even a Rottweiler. I would not own one because of the risk/limitations but I would assume many of the roughly 4 million people who own pit bulls did weigh the risks and were comfortable making that decision, unfortunately for some that decision does prove to be deadly.
One can only surmise that you own a pit?

One can only surmise that you own a pit?

Only if one lacks the ability to read or struggles with reading comprehension.

I would not own one because of the risk/limitations but I would assume many of the roughly 4 million people who own pit bulls did weigh the risks and were comfortable making that decision, unfortunately for some that decision does prove to be deadly.

Reactions: McLovin32
They are the sweetest breed, you should see it snuggle with my babies!!
Ours is the best trained, most gentle pit in the world, the ones you read about were just raised wrong.

OH MY GOD, our pit ate our babies!!! It wasn't his fault though, he got startled by a car backfiring and just ate the kids on instinct.
I'm sure it won't happen again when the new baby comes.

My son has a boxer that everyone thinks is a pit bull.

The dog is wicked smart and definitely big and scary-looking. But she's really just a big baby.

Female_Brindle_Boxer_2.jpg

Photographic example, not my son's actual dog.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

My neighbor growing up had Rottweilers. I LOVED that breed and all of his dogs. They were amazing to me as a child and I’ve always wanted one since. But I haven’t gotten one. I don’t think I ever will unless the no pics wife and I end up living way outside of town and obviously well after my (nearly adult) children are out of the house.

I have strict control over my dogs. I spend time with them and actually train them. But I’m not tempting fate. Even though I absolutely love the breed and I have complete faith in my ability to manage them.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleinATL
Only if one lacks the ability to read or struggles with reading comprehension.

I would not own one because of the risk/limitations but I would assume many of the roughly 4 million people who own pit bulls did weigh the risks and were comfortable making that decision, unfortunately for some that decision does prove to be deadly.
I should actually start reading your posts...

But, but, but pit bulls are the friendliest, most lovable, most harmless dogs around! Just ask all the pit bull owners who comment on Facebook anytime there’s a story about pit bulls doing what pit bulls do.

Reactions: goldmom
They need to get rid of pitbulls: cities/HOAs/apartments need to ban them, homeowners insurers need to cancel policies, owners need to be legally and civilly responsible for any attacks.
Most cities, towns and HOAs try. PB owners just ignore the rule/law and have the, anyway. They just don’t register them. Most home owner policies won’t cover PBs, or if they do, the owners cant afford the premium. So they get the PB and don’t report it. When the PB attacks, they don’t have coverage for the claim. The PB is euthanized and they buy another. As for civil, a majority of these owners don’t have a pot to piss in.

If you own a PB, I have no use for you in my life.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT