ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers NIL program lands big fish

It's great to have an edge rusher, but in the B10 there is no substitute for having DTs that can be disruptive and hold the line and stay in their gaps taking up blockers. Nebraska is really hurting inside.

What happens when you aren't strong in the middle? By the time you get to the end of the season, teams have it figured out, and you are weaker because you have been pounded for 12 games. This doesn't bode well for Nebraska.

Will Frost even be the coach when they come to Kinnick in November? Or God willing will the Hawks finally deliver the knockout blow to that letter jacket wearing freak? We killed off Pelini and Reilly. A third Husker coach coming to Kinnick to die.
I predict he will coach in the Iowa game. Then, after Thanksgiving, Trev will have a discussion with him about going in different directions.

They're gonna need all the NIL they can get, Frost isn't allowed any off-campus recruiting for one full year.

The beginning of the end. Or the beginning of the end was when he took the paycut last year.

Not sure where you're coming up with that.

• A one-year extension to the current probationary period (through April 2023).
  • A $10,000 fine.
  • A one-year show-cause order for the football head coach, plus a five-day suspension from all coaching duties during the championship segment of the 2022 football season.
  • A reduction of the number of football countable coaches by one for two days of practice during the spring 2022 season.
  • All noncoaching staff members will be removed from practice and competition for five consecutive days during the championship segment of the 2022 season.

They beat us in golf.

Iowa beat UNLLLLLLL in:
Football (in Lincoln)
Men's basketball (twice + Big Ten tournament champions)
Men's Indoor Track and Field (Big Ten Champions)
Wrestling (in Lincoln)
Baseball (in Lincoln)
Men's Cross Country (in Lincoln)
Women's basketball (three times)
Women's Indoor Track and Field
Women's Cross Country (in Lincoln)
Women's soccer
Women's Gymnastics

Let's no forget academics.
They beat us in women’s golf but not men’s

Nebby really stunk it up last year. Frost does his worst job coaching with a team full of "super" seniors and only manages 1 B1G win. And that was his 4th and worst year ever as a HC. And he's not fired.

Culture of losers.

Speaking of losers. @MoreIowaFanBuffoonery has returned with his spam handles - begging us to put on his ball gag mask.

10-2 and beat Nebraska in Lincoln. You can look as negatively on it as you wish, but 10-2. And Nebraska has not beat us since 2014.
Should of never lost that game in 2014. Iowa should of pummeled them with over the top wide open receivers but JR was afraid to throw the ball deep all game long. He missed numerous guys deep early too. Think he was afraid to keep throwing deep and missing.

But yet your AD measured him against Iowa, lol. Or do we pretend that audio didn’t exist?
Since those infamous comments where the AD said he had to "evaluate where Iowa was a program." Both teams have taken quite a different trajectory including the results of the 14' bowl game figured in since the AD opened his big mouth.

Nebraska
34-49
1-2 bowl games (1 bowl win as a 5-7 team)
0 top 25 finishes
0 Division titles
1 season above .500

Iowa
63-26
3-3 in bowl games (1 cancelled vs Mizzou in 20')
4 top 25 finishes
2 Division titles
7 seasons above .500

Last edited:
With the quick dismissal by most of the value af Scholarship has, I thought it would be interesting to see what the a scholarship athlete gets today, before NIL:

Price Per Credit3 Credit Class
Iowa Residents$400$1,200
Out of State Residents$1,315$3,945

Billed expenses a Fall/Spring SemesterIowa ResidentsNonresidents
Tuition & fees*$9,942$31,905
Housing & meals**$11,476$11,476
Total billed expenses$21,418$43,381
Other estimated expensesIowa ResidentsNonresidents

INSTATE:
$21,418
every 24 credit hours
$105,000 for Total of 120 Credit hours tuition, room and board

OUT OF STATE:
$43,381
every 24 credit hours
$216,905 for Total of 120 Credit hours tuition, room and board
Many athletes choose to stay in Iowa City during the summer to train at the facilities.

Still no chump change.

Will the school keep providing this to athletes when NIL Swarm money kicks in?

Can they ask for this money back should someone leave the University (via Transfer Portal)?

Last edited:
Reactions: rchawk
With the quick dismissal of Scollarships to a University I thought it would be interesting to see what the a scholarship athlete gets before NIL:

1- Tuition: 4 years, 3 semesters per year 12 hrs per semester 144 credit hours (x 100 per hr) = 144,000
2- Room & Board (Food & Dorm Room equivilant) 12 months x 4 years, x 750 per month.: 48 mths x $750 = $36,000

So roughly $180,000 over 4 years, 45k per year. That's not exactly chump change.

Will the the school keep providing this to athletes when NIL Swarm money kicks in?
I don't see how they can't/won't, especially if other schools are providing a scholarship.

The whole thing is a bit unseemly, but folks better get used to it as zero chance a school can compete at all if they aren't willing to play in the NIL pool. As you pointed out, full scholarship athletes were already receiving a great deal. I don't begrudge them one bit for pushing for some compensation, as many other people in the process (coaches, administrators) are getting wealthy through college sports. And the players are the ones putting their bodies on the line.

You find non playoff bowls truly meaningful? I mean Goodson sat it out. We place any blame for a loss on players who sit it out?

he kind of wasted his sitting out since he wasn’t even drafted.
Kentucky had guys out. And our backs looked better than goodson did all year. He was a fool to sit out....

With the quick dismissal by most of the value af Scholarship has, I thought it would be interesting to see what the a scholarship athlete gets today, before NIL:

1- Tuition: 4 years, 3 semesters per year 12 hrs per semester 144 credit hours (x 100 per hr) = 144,000
2- Room & Board (Food & Dorm Room equivilant) 12 months x 4 years, x 750 per month.: 48 mths x $750 = $36,000

So roughly $180,000 over 4 years, $45 k per year. That's not exactly chump change.

Will the the school keep providing this to athletes when NIL Swarm money kicks in?

Can they ask for this money back should someone leave the University (via Transfer Portal)?

Wonder'n....
Instate tuition at a state school is 36k a year? Dayum!!!

So roughly $180,000 over 4 years, $45 k per year. That's not exactly chump change.

Wonder'n....
You know there are only 2 semesters a year if there were three they would be called trimesters.

Reactions: RothMatt

Price Per Credit3 Credit Class
Iowa Residents$400$1,200
Out of State Residents$1,315$3,945

Billed expenses a SemesterIowa ResidentsNonresidents
Tuition & fees*$9,942$31,905
Housing & meals**$11,476$11,476
Total billed expenses$21,418$43,381
Other estimated expensesIowa ResidentsNonresidents

* Times 3 ($64,000 or $130,000) per year.

4 Years: ($ 257,061 - In State or $ 520,000 - Out of State) per Student.

WOW, That's not exactly chump change!!!

Dude, I'm firmly in the "athletes are getting paid - it's called tuition, room/board, etc." crowd, but where are you getting your numbers? That second chart should show expenses for an entire academic year, not per semester and certainly not per trimester like you're calculating. You seriously think U of Iowa in-state tuition is ~$30,000 per year and out-of-state tuition is ~$130,000 per year? U of Chicago, Wash U, Harvard, etc. are like $50,000-$60,000 per year.

Last edited:
Dude, I'm firmly in the "athletes are getting paid - it's called tuition, room/board, etc." crowd, but where are you getting your numbers? That second chart should show expenses for an entire academic year, not per semester and certainly not per trimester like you're calculating. You seriously think U of Iowa in-state tuition is ~$30,000 per year and out-of-state tuition is ~$130,000 per year? U of Chicago, Wash U, Harvard, etc. are like $50,000-$60,000 per year.
Perhaps I read this wrong...look here

Iowa Est Cost of Attendance

You know there are only 2 semesters a year if there were three they would be called trimesters.
If you take minimum hours spring and fall (12 per Semester min) that's 96 hrs in 4 years you have to make up 30 hours somewhere to graduate. If you take summer classes there are 3 Semesters per year available if the Student wants to graduate in 4 years, if not year round, then add another (5th) year.

Apologizes, my numbers should have been:

INSTATE:
$21,418
every 24 credit hours
$105,000
for Total of 120 Credit hours tuition, room and board

OUT OF STATE:
$43,381
every 24 credit hours
$216,905
for Total of 120 Credit hours tuition, room and board
Many athletes choose to stay in Iowa City during the summer to train at the facilities.

If you take minimum hours spring and fall (12 per Semester min) that's 96 hrs in 4 years you have to make up 30 hours somewhere to graduate. If you take summer classes there are 3 Semesters per year available if the Student wants to graduate in 4 years, if not year round, then add another (5th) year.

Apologizes, my numbers should have been:

INSTATE:
$21,418
every 24 credit hours
$105,000 for Total of 120 Credit hours tuition, room and board

OUT OF STATE:
$43,381
every 24 credit hours
Everyone takes 15 hours a semester and summer classes are not a semester. You only pay by class during the summer and fun fact you get one summer of free classes.

Everyone takes 15 hours a semester and summer classes are not a semester. You only pay by class during the summer and fun fact you get one summer of free classes.
Are you OK? You sound a little stressed if not anal. 12 hour min is required to be full-time student AND Iowa's est. table reads 12 hrs per semester included. Not "everyone" takes 15 hrs per semester, not sure how you think we should take your word for that. Its not uncommon for athletes to take a lighter load in season. BTW, checking on your claim to one free summer class session. I can guarantee that Room and Board is not covered in that deal, at least.

Are you OK? You sound a little stressed if not anal. 12 hour min is required to be full-time student AND Iowa's est. table reads 12 hrs per semester included. Not "everyone" takes 15 hrs per semester, not sure how you think we should take your word for that. Its not uncommon for athletes to take a lighter load in season. BTW, checking on your claim to one free summer class session. I can guarantee that Room and Board is not covered in that deal, at least.
I’m fine it’s just funny watching you completely butcher how classes and payments are structured at Iowa. Most summer classes are online and you typically don’t need additional housing for the summer since it is a fixed cost if not in the dorms. Most if not all take 15 hours so you have a buffer if you are struggling in a class and need to drop to maintain your full time student status.

I’m fine it’s just funny watching you completely butcher how classes and payments are structured at Iowa. Most summer classes are online and you typically don’t need additional housing for the summer since it is a fixed cost if not in the dorms. Most if not all take 15 hours so you have a buffer if you are struggling in a class and need to drop to maintain your full time student status.
Just went back to the official estimates provided by the University, I suggest you take it up with them.

Once I read the small print and saw their numbers were for Fall & Spring semesters (at least 12 hours each).

I doubt that athletes take that many online courses, and online tuition Credit hours are no cheaper than hours earned physically attending classes. Full time status is secured with at least 12 hours in a semester.

Long story short, I was trying to get to a total cost number, value of a scholarship: tuition, room and board and there is a significant difference in sate vs out of state.

So, one more time, using the University official Estimates!!!!

INSTATE:
$21,418
every 24 credit hours over two semesters.

$105,000 for Total of 120 Credit hours tuition, room and board.

OUT OF STATE:
$43,381
every 24 credit hours

STILL, not chump change!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
What do the current players think about a kid coming in with a bigger NIL salary?

They're gonna need all the NIL they can get, Frost isn't allowed any off-campus recruiting for one full year.

The beginning of the end. Or the beginning of the end was when he took the paycut last year.
Frost will be recruiting ladies off campus and on campus with the extra free time.

Neither Iowa or Nebraska has won the B10 title since Nebraska joined...acting like you all accomplished.
Regardless of the Big 10 title, Iowa has consistently been the better team vs Nebby, since Nebby joined the conference.

They beat us in golf.

Iowa beat UNLLLLLLL in:
Football (in Lincoln)
Men's basketball (twice + Big Ten tournament champions)
Men's Indoor Track and Field (Big Ten Champions)
Wrestling (in Lincoln)
Baseball (in Lincoln)
Men's Cross Country (in Lincoln)
Women's basketball (three times)
Women's Indoor Track and Field
Women's Cross Country (in Lincoln)
Women's soccer
Women's Gymnastics

Let's no forget academics.
Mike drop!!!

ADVERTISEMENT