ADVERTISEMENT

HWC $146,785 Raised! Goal- 100K

It's not much but it's a start in my monthly donations ... whoever set this up - thank you!

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Amount: $25
Period: May 2017
Donated at: 05/18/17 15:09:35

It's not much but it's a start in my monthly donations ... whoever set this up - thank you!

Donated at: 05/18/17 15:09:35
Not much? Are you kidding? It adds up over the course of a year, and when 5,000+ of us do this, we hit $1.5M per year and we're off and running. Frankly, I think we're going to blow away $1.5M, but hey -- it's a starting point.

Awesome, 563! Just to be clear, nobody will be complaining if you choose to bump it up at some point, but this is outstanding! Every bit helps, and your contribution is nothing to sneeze at. It's something to be proud of, in fact.

Hawk fans ain't playin', folks! Can I get another KABOOM?

2 more join the 5000 club,kaboom
5000 monthly donors is a very attainable goal. I think many of us have done $25-50 a month so lets keep the ball rolling on this $25 a month X 5000 goal. Skip one combo meal or overpriced coffee per week and there is the $25 a month you need. Trust me, you won't even miss that $25 and you will become part of something GREAT!

5000 monthly donors is a very attainable goal. I think many of us have done $25-50 a month so lets keep the ball rolling on this $25 a month X 5000 goal. Skip one combo meal or overpriced coffee per week and there is the $25 a month you need. Trust me, you won't even miss that $25 and you will become part of something GREAT!

https://www.hwcdonor.com/ has a pretty cool graph, showing a monthly goal of 100K for recurring monthly donations, and it also shows where their current total is. Currently at $1,369.00. It's a start!

Excellent idea to track the monthly donations! I'm surprised it's that low. Is that an accurate # Randy?
I suspect there are quite a few donors who have been giving annually and have already given their annual donation for 2017. I anticipate that we'll see a BIG jump in that number as of early 2018, when the previously annual donors switch to recurring monthly donations.

I know my annual $100,000 donation has already been made, so divide that by 12 and add it to the monthly total for 2018.

Soooooo, we have a new goal to post?!?!

Edit: I think it should be posted in a second thread...???

Reactions: Huck
we got almost 75000 without mr nichols and only 1300 in monthly that's kind of depressing, of course 20000 was from day1 and his employer

Reactions: CCAHawkeye
we got almost 75000 without mr nichols and only 1300 in monthly that's kind of depressing, of course 20000 was from day1 and his employer
I'm really not surprised. A very small minority of fans have signed up for recurring monthly donations. It will grow fast, and dramatically.

Another thing to consider is that I imagine quite a few corporate sponsors will keep giving once annually. Would be cool if they all went monthly/automatic, too, just so we could get a better read on annual donations. Maybe Randy can encourage that from corporate sponsors. Our company is planning on going that route, so at least 1/24th of the corporate sponsors will be doing that.

Reactions: CCAHawkeye
I know my annual $100,000 donation has already been made, so divide that by 12 and add it to the monthly total for 2018.

Just so you know, this is a pic of WDM so you can say hi tomorrow night...
dollar-sign-pimp-necklace_3234977.jpg

Just setup my monthly in addition to some other previous donations. Will also take part in the various challenges.

Also I suggest to make this more F** in categorizing the different monthly donations as such....

Decision = $25/mo
Major = $50/mo
TechFall = $100/mo
Fall = $250/mo
Bronze = $500/mo
Silver = $750/mo
Gold = $1000/mo

Amount: $50
Donated at: 05/18/17 17:56:25
Receipt #: 211753

Keep in mind, we only got the recurring donation site set up less then a month ago.

The "thermometer ' is accurate. I intend to start a new thread next week and ask the mods to make it sticky.

HWC's thermometer is for 1,200,000 annually. Our goals of 5,000 donors at $25 equals $125,000 per month and $1,500,000 annually.

I'm not trying to be Debby Downer, but as a group we have some pretty unrealistic fundraising expectations. (Remember, I have measured results for many years.) To get 5,000 recurring donors we need to reach between 50,000 (exemplary performance) and 200,000 (average performance) souls. That's a heck of an audience to build.

I'm not trying to be Debby Downer, but as a group we have some pretty unrealistic fundraising expectations. (Remember, I have measured results for many years.) To get 5,000 recurring donors we need to reach between 50,000 (exemplary performance) and 200,000 (average performance) souls. That's a heck of an audience to build.
I don't think its so much getting 5,000 recurring donors, as much as it is getting the funds that 5,000 donors at $25 a month would accrue. A donor who donates $10,000 a year ($833.33 monthly) would count as 33.3 donors who are doing the $25 a month method. It still is quite an audience to build indeed. But I have faith that Hawkeye Wrestling Nation can get it done! :)

For the record, what we are doing here is awesome and god bless anyone who's able to contribute anything but if you are able to give in a lump sum up front instead of a monthly donation, the HWC would prefer it all up front.

Reactions: Huck and DirkTang1

Donated at: 05/18/17 20:54:27
Receipt #: 211830

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

My monthly contribution. Unfournately, no match from my employer:mad:

Donated at: 05/18/17 20:54:27
Receipt #: 211830

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

My monthly contribution. Unfournately, no match from my employer:mad:
Jaybird, you're a rock star!

Reactions: Huck
I don't think its so much getting 5,000 recurring donors, as much as it is getting the funds that 5,000 donors at $25 a month would accrue. A donor who donates $10,000 a year ($833.33 monthly) would count as 33.3 donors who are doing the $25 a month method. It still is quite an audience to build indeed. But I have faith that Hawkeye Wrestling Nation can get it done! :)
GG does make a good point, but I still think we need to keep our sights set high. Aim for the stars, baby!

That said, there is a method to the madness. A few things:
  • As Lax notes, there will be quite a few individuals giving well more than $25 per month, so the actual number of donors won't have to be all that close to 5,000, frankly, in order for us to reach our fundraising goals.
  • We have a number of "big fish" in the group. We all know of Mr. Nicolls' extremely generous $50,000 gift. I'll be surprised if some of our bigger fish don't pitch in some similarly generous gifts that absolutely dwarf the proposed $25 per month.
  • We're only talking about individuals. The HWC currently has 24 corporate donors, and I assure you that they're giving a whole lot more than $25 per month. And we still haven't even made a push for more corporate donors. I don't think it's unrealistic to double that, and I could see us pushing 100 down the road. There are whole lot of businesses around the state that would love to help the Hawks take back the title.
  • And this isn't even considering the big fundraisers like the banquet and the polar plunge, which bring in a bunch of cash. The golf outings, etc., are f*** and do raise some money, but not on the level of the banquet and the plunge (yet. . .).
So between all of the above elements, I think $1.5 million is relatively easily attainable. That said, let's see if we can reach an actual "Hawkeye 5,000". Half of the f*** is in the challenge! I'd like to see exactly what Hawk fans can accomplish. I think we'll surprise ourselves.

Well hell, this is the first I've seen of this thread. I followed the link from the lounge. And because I cave to peer pressure here is my donation:

Hawkeye Wrestling Club Donation Receipt

Donor Contribution : $100.00
Payment Method : Online Transaction

Filled : Fri, 19 May 17 01:22:40 -0500

Editing because I want to dedicate this donation to the memory of my father. He not only taught me to love the Hawkeyes but to love Hawkeye Wrestling. My first awareness of the existence of the Iowa Hawkeyes was in an IPTV broadcast of an Iowa vs Iowa State wrestling dual. It was then that I was informed that we were Hawkeye fans. God bless Dad and God bless the Hawkeyes!

GO HAWKS!!!

Well hell, this is the first I've seen of this thread. I followed the link from the lounge. And because I cave to peer pressure here is my donation:

Hawkeye Wrestling Club Donation Receipt

Donor Contribution : $100.00
Payment Method : Online Transaction

Filled : Fri, 19 May 17 01:22:40 -0500

Editing because I want to dedicate this donation to the memory of my father. He not only taught me to love the Hawkeyes but to love Hawkeye Wrestling. My first awareness of the existence of the Iowa Hawkeyes was in an IPTV broadcast of an Iowa vs Iowa State wrestling dual. It was then that I was informed that we were Hawkeye fans. God bless Dad and God bless the Hawkeyes!

GO HAWKS!!!
That's not only very cool, but very touching, mom! And the appeal to the Lounge has paid off in a few hours!

Mom's response is another reminder that we've only scratched the surface where mobilizing the greatest wrestling fan base on earth is concerned. She's a huge Hawk fan and didn't even know about this thread. I guarantee there are hundreds, if not thousands, just like her. Gives me even more hope that we can hit the "Hawkeye 5,000" quite literally!

Jackhawk strikes! Keep it rollin' in the Lounge, man!

And mom -- any chance we could interest you in an automatic monthly donation? Doesn't have to be huge by any means -- every little bit coming in monthly makes a big difference for the HWC and, ultimately, for the Hawks.:)

That's not only very cool, but very touching, mom! And the appeal to the Lounge has paid off in a few hours!

Mom's response is another reminder that we've only scratched the surface where mobilizing the greatest wrestling fan base on earth is concerned. She's a huge Hawk fan and didn't even know about this thread. I guarantee there are hundreds, if not thousands, just like her. Gives me even more hope that we can hit the "Hawkeye 5,000" quite literally!

Jackhawk strikes! Keep it rollin' in the Lounge, man!

And mom -- any chance we could interest you in an automatic monthly donation? Doesn't have to be huge by any means -- every little bit coming in monthly makes a big difference for the HWC and, ultimately, for the Hawks.:)

I am actually looking at the monthly donation as well.

Hey Mike. Can you pin the page to the top of the lounge? Still waiting on a response from Blair and Tom.

i have been wondering when you were going to quit lurking, dirk. i see you out there and am always looking for your posts, good job brother.

Reactions: DirkTang1
But seriously, I'm really trying to get the lounge to buy in. Mike or Blair could really help us out by pinning a thread for this in the lounge. I know gasser donates a lot of money. He would be a great person to get involved.

Reactions: HawkFT
Same here! I approached my sugar momma and asked if we could contribute 25k a year and was quickly shot down. I'm approved for my current level of giving, but will have to inch my way to my end goal. It will happen but maybe not for a few years

Many of us are "inching our way" to our sugar mama's good graces.

Reactions: DirkTang1
I have made new threads on the Lounge, football and basketball boards as I know not all people visit things pinned to the top of the boards. I think we should help get the ball rolling on the other boards as well and keep up the chatter by visiting those boards, posting on those boards and making a matching $50 contribution (although I know you have all donated before).

Here is the post.

So I know most of you are not huge wrestling fans, and are more likely football fans or basketball fans, but we all love to see Iowa doing well all sports. The support many of you showed at the Grapple on the Gridiron was an amazing event I will never forget.

In the last few years, Penn State has taken fundraising to a whole new level. They raised a ton of cash, hired Cael Sanderson (and other premier coaches) away from Iowa State for big $, built tremendous facilities, brought world class wrestlers to their post collegiate club to wrestle (again with big $). This helps recruit the best high school wrestlers to Penn State - which they have done unbelievably well and is why they have taken the spot at the top of the wrestling world.

Recently, there has been a ground roots effort to raise cash to do similar things at Iowa which you may have read about. There have been a couple million donated to improve the wrestling facilities and efforts on the wrestling board have raised over $125,000. This has already paid dividends as the Hawkeye Wrestling Club has hired former Iowa Wrestling great (and tremendous coach and recruiter) Mark Perry away from Illinois in the last week. It is believed that many wrestlers will follow (including NCAA champions Jesse Delgado and Isaiah Martinez). This will make the program much more attractive to HS recruits.

I know many of you wonder why Iowa is not winning NCAA championships like we used to and would love to see Iowa return to the top. This is a big reason why. Nobody is asking for huge donations, but I have seen the support you all gave the wrestling program at Grapple on the Gridiron (what an amazing event). It is a tax deductible donation. Lets support the wrestling program like it deserves. Penn St. has put their money where their mouths are and have taken over. We can lay down and accept being one of the distant contenders or we can fight back.

The place to donate is pinned to the top of the message board. Show your Hawkeye Pride!

Below is a copy of my donation and I ask you to join in making Iowa Wrestling Great Again.

This a summary of your donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Donation/Order Summary

Transaction ID : 200517A15-C04E3F71-188A-4479-A564-B843E6494C0E
Last four digits of card used : 6475

Amount Donated: $50.00

To donate:
http://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/

MATCH ME!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT