ADVERTISEMENT

HWC $146,785 Raised! Goal- 100K

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Amount: $25
Period: May 2017
Donated at: 05/20/17 11:22:29
Receipt #: 212616

Recurring Monthly

Donated at: 05/20/17 11:22:29
Receipt #: 212616

Recurring Monthly
Another step closer to 5,000, baby! Great job, 96!

Reactions: Huck and Jts1990

Donated at: 05/20/17 21:06:58
Receipt #: 212836
Here is my case of beer and bag of sunflower seeds a month! Keep it going folks man this is f***!

I'm really not surprised. A very small minority of fans have signed up for recurring monthly donations. It will grow fast, and dramatically.

Another thing to consider is that I imagine quite a few corporate sponsors will keep giving once annually. Would be cool if they all went monthly/automatic, too, just so we could get a better read on annual donations. Maybe Randy can encourage that from corporate sponsors. Our company is planning on going that route, so at least 1/24th of the corporate sponsors will be doing that.
Set up recurring through my billpay at my Credit Union, safest way next to paypal.

Last edited:

Amount: $34.95
Receipt #: 213733
Donated at: 05/22/17 14:41:52

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

I think I owed for Gilman but can't remember. I already donated this month but here's to a even number!

$126,250.00

Just a reminder to get signed up for Smiles Amazon for the HWC! Every penny counts!!!

David,
Thank you for remembering to shop at smile.amazon.com.
A3DY9UV8SZLAAJ

You have generated
$3.74
as of May 22, 2017
default_total_donation._CB284885289_.png

All charities have received
$46,126,473.56
as of February 2017
Learn more

There has been talk of making various T shirts. Something I think would be cool is to have a nice wrestling T shirt with "Proud Member of the HWC Match Me Movement" on the back.

I was chewing on the same. Everyone who participates in the movement of at least $50 gets an HR HWC fundraiser shirt. Maybe call it, part of the 5,000 club.

I say personalize them, put everyone's HR handle on the back, then have everyone wear them to the HWC banquet, and other wrestling events to spread the message.

I was chewing on the same. Everyone who participates in the movement of at least $50 gets an HR HWC fundraiser shirt. Maybe call it, part of the 5,000 club.

I say personalize them, put everyone's HR handle on the back, then have everyone wear them to the HWC banquet, and other wrestling events to spread the message.
The unofficial name for our vision of 5,000 automatic monthly donors is the "Hawkeye 5,000". Right along the lines of what you're saying. I like it.

The unofficial name for our vision of 5,000 automatic monthly donors is the "Hawkeye 5,000". Right along the lines of what you're saying. I like it.

Only give to those that donate and post here on HR and have an HR handle. Promotes this site, and believe it or not, that adds value. Makes for more informed and engaged fans.

People will see the shirt and ask about it, so it would be a conversation starter.

Also, by putting their handle on the back, it brings the group together by putting a face to the names, and promotes people to be respectful here when posting. It helps build and grow the sense of community, which is hard to do over the net, but is clearly being done here, and that is a really cool thing.

That needs to be way higher. $10 a month is something that almost every person on this board can afford. Netflix is horrible, so cancel it and give to the HWC
No doubt it needs to be higher, but this is a marathon and we've just left the starting line. It most certainly will be much higher, very soon.

Only give to those that donate and post here on HR and have an HR handle. Promotes this site, and believe it or not, that adds value. Makes for more informed and engaged fans.

People will see the shirt and ask about it, so it would be a conversation starter.

Also, by putting their handle on the back, it brings the group together by putting a face to the names, and promotes people to be respectful here when posting. It helps build and grow the sense of community, which is hard to do over the net, but is clearly being done here, and that is a really cool thing.

Then I need to figure out how to change my handle, because I'm not walking around with a Pumpdog20 on the back of my shirt.

Be sure to put the persons Handle on the front of the shirt...

Okay, folks, as a LONGTIME marketing and fundraising professional, I keep trying to put these things in perspective - primarily so that we can discuss future steps.

If 630 unique weekly visitors is, indeed, true and if we assume that most of the monthly donors are HR posters then 35 donors is far above average for this type of effort - 6 would be normal. 63 donors (10%) would be astonishing.

My point is that, while our Hawkeye Report friends are an amazing group of fans, the audience is just too small to accomplish the things we want done. We MUST reach out. As I understand it, so far the university and athletic department have not allowed the HWC to tap into the larger universe of Hawkeye supporters. Even the list of wrestling season ticket holders is off limits. HWC leadership is working to resolve these issues but the results of those discussions are out of our hands.

So what can we do? First, we should try the "member-get-a-member" tactic. Each of us knows at least 10 Hawkeye wrestling fans who do not post on this site. Email each one of those 10 and urge them to donate to the HWC. Though it seems obviuous, be sure to include a link to the HWC donation page in your email.

Start there. More to come.

Jim Brown

Okay, folks, as a LONGTIME marketing and fundraising professional, I keep trying to put these things in perspective - primarily so that we can discuss future steps.

If 630 unique weekly visitors is, indeed, true and if we assume that most of the monthly donors are HR posters then 35 donors is far above average for this type of effort - 6 would be normal. 63 donors (10%) would be astonishing.

My point is that, while our Hawkeye Report friends are an amazing group of fans, the audience is just too small to accomplish the things we want done. We MUST reach out. As I understand it, so far the university and athletic department have not allowed the HWC to tap into the larger universe of Hawkeye supporters. Even the list of wrestling season ticket holders is off limits. HWC leadership is working to resolve these issues but the results of those discussions are out of our hands.

So what can we do? First, we should try the "member-get-a-member" tactic. Each of us knows at least 10 Hawkeye wrestling fans who do not post on this site. Email each one of those 10 and urge them to donate to the HWC. Though it seems obviuous, be sure to include a link to the HWC donation page in your email.

Jim Brown
Jim, that 630 was a calculated questimate on my part.

Jim Brown
Absolutely, GG. We were never going to reach our goals by relying solely on the HR crowd. The numbers are there, but the target audience most certainly lies outside of HR. That said, our numbers will improve quite a bit early next year when fans who have already made their 2017 HWC donation transition from annual to automatic monthly giving.

As you say, the effort is underway to expand our reach. Still, the easiest way to start reaching the target audience is for every fan on HR to identify a list of friends and family who support Iowa wrestling but don't frequent HR and ask them to join the Hawkeye 5,000. I was just beginning to compile such a list, myself. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to calculate how the number of automatic monthly donors would explode if each of the 630 fans who frequent HR reaches 5-10 fans.

Of course, the 35 needs to get a whole lot closer to 630, as well. If you're a diehard fan and have yet to join the 5,000, time to hop on board! If you're planning to go monthly at the beginning of 2018, that's cool, too.

All hands on deck!

Absolutely, GG. We were never going to reach our goals by relying solely on the HR crowd. The numbers are there, but the target audience most certainly lies outside of HR. That said, our numbers will improve quite a bit early next year when fans who have already made their 2017 HWC donation transition from annual to automatic monthly giving.

As you say, the effort is underway to expand our reach. Still, the easiest way to start reaching the target audience is for every fan on HR to identify a list of friends and family who support Iowa wrestling but don't frequent HR and ask them to join the Hawkeye 5,000. I was just beginning to compile such a list, myself. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to calculate how the number of automatic monthly donors would explode if each of the 630 fans who frequent HR reaches 5-10 fans.

Of course, the 35 needs to get a whole lot closer to 630, as well. If you're a diehard fan and have yet to join the 5,000, time to hop on board! If you're planning to go monthly at the beginning of 2018, that's cool, too.

All hands on deck!

I think where the actual number is much larger, is utilizing this site as the guerilla marketing launching point, as many of those 630 are likely some of the sports most engaged and passionate fans. Up to us to get the message started and spread as broadly as we can here, then everyone here take that as many outside of here as possible. This is operation 5,000 headquarters.

Be nice if in the process of spreading the word, we doubled the unique visitor to 1,500 this time next year.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
FYI, I've been waiting to jump on board the monthly auto draft until I could determine an ultimate monthly amount, however, no sense in waiting for a bigger number, as I could go ahead and get the feet wet at $25/mo in the meantime, then increase over time.

As such, I went to find the link, and it's buried in the thread.

We could always start another thread, but I would hate to lose the momentum and awesomeness of this one. At a minimum we should edit the first post in this thread to mention the 5,000 and provide the link.

hwcdonor.com

Thank you!

Thanks, just went to the HWC website and easy enough to find once there.

I went in and made my donation and noticed we are pushing $25/mo, but that isn't actually a standard option, there is $20, $50...then on up. I used the custom option. Should we chance $20 to $25, or add a $25 in between?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 25, 2017, at 8:59 AM, Hawkeye Wrestling Club <receipts@donorbox.org> wrote:

Dear Xxxxxx,

Donated at: 05/25/17 08:59:58
Receipt #: 222393

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT