ADVERTISEMENT

HWC $146,785 Raised! Goal- 100K

Finally got the recurring payments setup,

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Amount: $25
Period: May 2017
Donated at: 05/26/17 11:19:58
Receipt #: 223130

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

To any fans on Twitter: There are tweets from Tom Brands, Ryan Morningstar, and Iowa wrestling with a link to the automatic monthly donor registration page on the HWC website. Would be great if a whole bunch of us re-tweeted it. An easy way to help spread the word.

Reactions: HawkFT and crapman
Heck with it. Even though our company has already made its 2017 donation, I can't wait until 2018 to get us on the automatic monthly donor list. Gonna follow the example set by other HR fans and start at $25 for the rest of the year, bumping up to our usual rate next January.

WHO'S WITH ME?!?! I'm sure there are plenty fans out there in a similar situation. Let's jump on board now and join the F***!

Let's make that thermometer get hotter, Hawk fans!!!

In my best Christopher Walken voice, "I got a fever, and the only cure is more. . . AUTOMATIC MONTHLY DONATIONS TO THE HWC!"

Out and about at the moment, but will post my receipt ASAP.

LET'S DO THIS, HAWK FANS!!!

Heck with it. Even though our company has already made its 2017 donation, I can't wait until 2018 to get us on the automatic monthly donor list. Gonna follow the example set by other HR fans and start at $25 for the rest of the year, bumping up to our usual rate next January.

WHO'S WITH ME?!?! I'm sure there are plenty fans out there in a similar situation. Let's jump on board now and join the F***!

Let's make that thermometer get hotter, Hawk fans!!!

In my best Christopher Walken voice, "I got a fever, and the only cure is more. . . AUTOMATIC MONTHLY DONATIONS TO THE HWC!"

Out and about at the moment, but will post my receipt ASAP.

LET'S DO THIS, HAWK FANS!!!

As promised. . . . AUTOMATIC MONTHLY, and soon to be a good bit more as of 1/1/18. . . .

Donated at: 05/26/17 17:24:18
Receipt #: 223329

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

I plan on doing a special drawing at the Clinton golf outing for members of the Hawkeye 5,000. Maybe for 2 season tickets or something from the HWC. I think that would go ever well at the other outings also. It could easily lead to 30+ new members at each outing. I am going to put information about it in the gift bag at sign up and hopefully they will sign up during the golf/bags. We will have the drawing after the meal.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you don't already know, this man is absolutely top notch and is doing all of this on his own free will... Very unselfish and generous soul here folks. Not afraid to get his hands dirty one bit! I found his passion very inspiring even considering my level of commitment... Get behind him, please!

Ladies and gentlemen, if you don't already know, this man is absolutely top notch and is doing all of this on his own free will... Very unselfish and generous soul here folks. Not afraid to get his hands dirty one bit! I found his passion very inspiring even considering my level of commitment... Get behind him, please!

His idea is outstanding. Immediate incentive to sign up for recurring donations.

Couldn't agree more with Gobblin. First-class individual, and going out of his way to spearhead a local movement in the Clinton area. Just what the HWC needs!

We already have a similarly motivated guy in the Waterloo-Cedar Falls area (if you live there and want to get involved, email kurdelmeierrocks@gmail.com and I'll get you in touch with him).

Plus, we have a group in the IC area that's fired up and ready to go.

And the DSM group just had its second meeting and is KILLING IT! Lots of great ideas and lots of motivated Hawk fans ready to go to work.

If anyone else around the state (or around the nation) wants to start up a local HWC fan chapter, drop me an email and I'll see if we can hook you up with other Hawk fans in your area and get you plugged in with the HWC leaders.

We're just getting' started, folks! Giddyup!

Alright, folks -- challenge time!

We have 630 regular weekly posters on this site. Granted, a small minority aren't Iowa fans. For argument's sake, let's say 550 are Hawk fans. We currently have about 40 automatic monthly donors to the HWC. That leaves roughly 500. . . yes, 500 Hawk fans who visit HR regularly but haven't yet pulled the trigger.

Of course, we're at the starting line of a marathon, but we might as well start with the most passionate fans, right? I'm sure a good number of you have already made your annual HWC donation and are waiting until 2018 to get on board with monthly donations. Our company was in that boat until yesterday, but we couldn't stand missing out on the F*** and jumped on board at $25 per month for the rest of the year. We'll bump up to our regular corporate rate at that point. If you're in that situation, how about doing the same? Heck -- even $10 per month for the rest of the year is awesome.

If you just haven't pulled the trigger for whatever reason, I urge you to join the movement and get on board with a monthly donation of any amount. Some will go way over $25 per month and some will be less. The idea is to mobilize this massive, passionate fan base of ours and get as many on board as possible, because there's great power in numbers, and Iowa wrestling has WAY more numbers than anyone else in the sport. So the more, the merrier, and the amount of the monthly donation is almost irrelevant. You get thousands donating just $10 per month and it makes a huge difference! Obviously, more per month, even better, but it's all about getting fans involved.

If you're a diehard Iowa wrestling fan, you simply must join the Hawkeye 5,000, and I say that with a big smile! When we're back to winning national titles, not to mention World and Olympic titles, won't it be cool to know that you were part of the movement that made that happen? This is a chance to literally join the team and put Iowa wresting back on top where it belongs. Your donations will play a key role in making that a reality. I find that very cool.

So if you haven't yet joined the Hawkeye 5,000, let's make it happen today! Following the Hawks becomes that much more f***, knowing that you're quite literally helping to put them back on top. I CHALLENGE YOU!:)

And just one more thing. . . . Have you invited friends and family to check out what's happening on HR? Have you pointed anyone to hwcdonor.com? If all of us do that, this thing snowballs even faster. How about checking out your Facebook friends and firing off some messages to friends you know are Iowa wrestling fans and inviting them to join the f***? Many hands make light work, and the more, the merrier! We all do that, and pretty soon. . . . KABOOM!!!

Last edited:
Done

Donated at: 05/27/17 14:20:59
Receipt #: 223848

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

They have done a great job of making this really easy. I hope to add more once the insurance issues are figured out at the new office. I also hope to get at least 5 friends/family to join in.

Done

Donated at: 05/27/17 14:20:59
Receipt #: 223848

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

They have done a great job of making this really easy. I hope to add more once the insurance issues are figured out at the new office. I also hope to get at least 5 friends/family to join in.
Alright, Integrated!

Reactions: Huck and HawkFT
I signed up for amazon smile but can't find the amount going to HWC, spent over 125 on the order so some should of went there.
It seemed like it showed up on my Smile page a couple of days after I made my purchase. Maybe give it some time

Funny story: Was drinking beers and talking while they played a game at the HWC banquet. Wanted each table to pledge and whoever pledged the most was the winning table. Wasn't paying any attention to this so I put down $100 and thought we only paid if we won. Two more beers it would have been $500. I thought we only paid up if we were the winning table...As I said, wasn't paying attention.

Get the email from Tim that basically said (in a nice way): "Pay up." So I just did. Tim's a big dude. Next time, I will put Tony Hager's name down of better yet, Willie's.

I signed up for amazon smile but can't find the amount going to HWC, spent over 125 on the order so some should of went there.

Sign into your Amazon.smile account. When the page comes up, you will see Supporting Hawkeye Wrestling Club(located just below the search box at top of page). Hover your cursor over those words and the info will pop up. Then clicking on Your Amazon Smile Impact will give you all the details.

Last edited:
f supporters shop at smile.amazon.com, charitable donations quickly add up.
A2HQGIN382FTBR

You have generated
$0.35
as of May 30, 2017
default_charity._CB284885289_.png

Your current charity
Hawkeye Wrestling Club
has received
$718.92
as of May 2017
default_total_donation._CB284885289_.png

All charities have received
$54,509,978.56

This is where we are at. I guess i need to spend more on fishing stuff. :D

Dear Austin,

Period: June 2017
Donated at: 06/01/17 20:13:44
Receipt #: 226502

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

I have been lurking for a long time waiting to pull the trigger but decided tonight is the night. As a hawkeye fan who moved to Texas last year i felt it was necessary to do my part to help the wrestling program. Before i moved to Texas i started a wrestling program at a small school in NW Iowa. The hardest part about moving was giving up coaching the wrestling program. Iowa wrestling has always been a big sense of pride for the people of Iowa. Some of my best memories are at events such as Iowa state wrestling tournament, Iowa duals, and Big Ten wrestling tournament.

It is now the time for fellow Iowans to step up. My donation has been set up as a recurring donation and will be there until I die or start living on the streets. I hope fellow Hawkeye fans that have been sitting in the background can pull the trigger. I love the direction that the Iowa wrestling team is going. Go Hawks!

Dear Austin,

Period: June 2017
Donated at: 06/01/17 20:13:44
Receipt #: 226502

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

I have been lurking for a long time waiting to pull the trigger but decided tonight is the night. As a hawkeye fan who moved to Texas last year i felt it was necessary to do my part to help the wrestling program. Before i moved to Texas i started a wrestling program at a small school in NW Iowa. The hardest part about moving was giving up coaching the wrestling program. Iowa wrestling has always been a big sense of pride for the people of Iowa. Some of my best memories are at events such as Iowa state wrestling tournament, Iowa duals, and Big Ten wrestling tournament.

It is now the time for fellow Iowans to step up. My donation has been set up as a recurring donation and will be there until I die or start living on the streets. I hope fellow Hawkeye fans that have been sitting in the background can pull the trigger. I love the direction that the Iowa wrestling team is going. Go Hawks!
SLP wins the internet for 6/1/17!

This is music to my ears, my man! You capture the essence of Iowa wrestling very well in your post. It's a part of the fabric of our culture and a source of pride for Iowans that's unmatched by any other sport. Most of us can tell stories about growing up watching the Hawks win championships with our families, looking up to the wrestlers like heroes, bonding with our parents, etc. For many of us, Iowa wrestling is literally part of who we are. Hence, the biggest and most passionate wrestling fan base in the nation.

I echo your hope, SLP, that a whole slew of fellow Hawk fans will take your lead and hop on board by joining the Hawkeye 5,000. Welcome to the club, and good on ya!

One step closer to 5,000, and one step closer to getting the Hawks back on top. . . .

Here's a f*** one for you guys. . . .

Our man, Pinters, has taken a bit of a hiatus from the board, but he gave his approval to the posting of his recurring monthly donation to the HWC:

Amount: $50
Donated at: 05/15/17 19:28:15
Receipt #: 210131

Thank you,
Hawkeye Wrestling Club

Let's hear it for Pinters! Another member of the Hawkeye 5,000, and another step closer to a national title for Iowa wrestling!

WWD-- I will update the total in next couple days. You guys/gals are making a difference!

Because of this forum-- and I really believe this--we have added Mark Perry and Jesse Delgado to the HWC.

Could this have happened without this support---simply no.

We have a lot to accomplish--we have big goals- but it starts here. thank you.. big things to come!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT