ADVERTISEMENT

HWC $141,130.00 Raised! Goal- 100K in monthly donations

Mike Zierath

Family, football and fishing.....
Jun 3, 2002
Flower Mound, TX
Guys and Gal,

As many of you may already know from reading Tom's article earlier in the week, Hawkeye Report members have done something almost unimaginable! From what started as a simple post explaining the purpose of the Hawkeye Wrestling Club (HWC) fund raising activities and how those dollars support our own Iowa Hawkeye wrestlers, has become our Labor Day Telethon!

In just a few short weeks, (I think we are in week 6 now), Hawkeye fans that frequent this site have raised the figure above. I'm actually guessing it's more than that now, as Randy updates it every Monday. Regardless, it's a phenomenal amount that is just a drop in the bucket for what is needed on a reoccurring basis.

Long story short: This originated on the wrestling board, but we want it to spread across all the boards and bring an awareness to this effort in order to get more people to participate. A pledge to HWC, which is a 501c(3), is tax deductible. I won't go into all the details about what the money does. Tom's article was detailed and if you need more detail, you can go to the thread on the wrestling board linked here:

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/hwc-124-880-05-raised-goal-100k.186609/
The point is simple, really. With the right amount of fund raising, Iowa wrestling can, and will, be squarely back on top of the wrestling world, where they belong.

This all started with a $30 donation and the words "Match me". From that point, we have seen donations that went from $10 to $50K. The same donor that ponied up the 50K, opened up with a Million dollar donation towards what will ultimately be the worlds best wrestling only facility that will be located very near to CHA. It doesn't take much to keep this momentum going. You don't have to dig deep, unless you want to. From this movement, the HWC now has a monthly donation option. Want to take the $30 one time donation and make it a $30 monthly donation? No problem. Make it $10. Make it $100. You make it what you want.

There are subtle ways to participate as well. Sign up for Amazon Smile and designate the Hawkeye Wrestling Club (get the right one) as the benefactor. For every dollar you spend by going through the Amazon Smile portal, HWC will get a percentage of the total. It's easy, and if you have an Amazon Prime account, it doesn't change a thing except you are helping put Iowa Wrestling where they belong.

The HWC banquet was earlier tonight. Of course, I'm in Texas, so wasn't there. BUT, I'm sure there will be some reports from those that did attend, telling us about what TnT had to say, and our newest returning Hawkeye, Mark Perry, who has been hired to be the head Hawk at HWC.

If you have questions, ask. We will get you answers. I'm sure Randy will be happy to answer any that he can. If you have fund raising ideas, post them. Nothing is too outrageous. (Some might not be possible, but hey).

Look, we all donate to Iowa athletics in one fashion or another. Have a little fun with watching this one develop and get involved, which many of you loungers have already done. Just want some of the others, that maybe haven't seen this monumental effort taking place, to be aware of it and get involved if they would like to.

I'll make it a little easier, since everyone likes easy. Here is the link that will take you directly to the Hawkeye Wrestling Club if you'd like to participate.

http://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/
If you do, and you'd like to share with others, copy and paste the email you will get after donating showing the amount, much like was being done in the thread on the wrestling board. Lets keep this momentum going and push this effort to 150K and beyond. Very much in reach!

Thanks

Mike Zierath
Hawkeye Report Staff

Because of this thread I just made a $50 contribution! Thanks for pinning this thread. GO HAWKEYES

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Amount: $50
Period: May 2017
Donated at: 05/20/17 10:20:30
Receipt #: 212586

ADVERTISEMENT