ADVERTISEMENT

HWC $146,785 Raised! Goal- 100K

working on the next $1.00 as we speak

Every little bit counts
When millions of supporters shop at smile.amazon.com, charitable donations quickly add up.

A2CYHF7ZQK41XK

You have generated
$1.69
as of July 30, 2017

I'm in for my first of many donations to support Iowa wrestling. I updated my Amazon account too so that everything I order supports the Hawkeye Wrestling Club.Thanks for all you guys do for Iowa Wrestling.

Hawkeye Wrestling Club Donation Receipt

Donor Contribution : $100.00
Payment Method : Online Transaction

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Filled : Sun, 27 Aug 17 13:44:58 -0500

I'm in for my first of many donations to support Iowa wrestling. I updated my Amazon account too so that everything I order supports the Hawkeye Wrestling Club.Thanks for all you guys do for Iowa Wrestling.

Donor Contribution : $100.00

Filled : Sun, 27 Aug 17 13:44:58 -0500
Very generous of you, gr! I'm sure the HWC appreciates your ongoing support! No pressure whatsoever, but if you do want to become an automatic monthly donor, you can go to hwcdonor.com. Obviously, 100% your choice, and I don't mean to pressure you at all -- just not sure if you're aware of that option.

Are we there yet? Seriously though thanks everyone for matching me and raising the bar for wrestling. A lot of smaller campaigns across the states have had some local surges as well. Love it.
At HWC dinner Randy mentioned they had about 70 monthlies that's Awesome! Lots of positive movement for wrestling in general..
Thanks fans!!!!

Guys/Gals-- I decided to start a new thread rather then hijack the recruiting thread. My purpose for responding is to give some insight on the efforts of the board and fundraising.

Hopefully this wont sound defensive, because it certainly isnt intended that way--quite the contrary--we appreciate and welcome your support and advice. Matter of fact we have taken actions based on input directly from this message fum.

So I am a board member and as some earlier mentioned that the board is made up of people that have full time jobs---with that said I would put this group up against ANY as far as taking time from whatever they are doing to work on behalf of the club.

I rarely disagree with Gobblin-- but here goes:) We do have special shirts/hats/coats/jackets for bigger donors-- these only go to those that start at $250 and up. Because we heard the voices that wanted to buy HWC gear---and not donate as much we offered our gear in two stores--

https://www.iowa247365.com/category_s/1938.htm Ironside is very generous in what he gives back

https://phelpsusa.com/stores/shop/149 Phelps Store

Is this the best way--- maybe not, but it is a way for anyone to own the gear--without being a big donor.

As far as some of the ideas--I love them--but we simply cant do it. The University and Foundation want the donors money--and ZERO of it flows to the HWC. We are limited in who we can talk to etc. There is a lot more to it-- As an example--at Bryce Jordan a couple yrs ago for PSU vs Iowa-- 16K people-- the Penn State Wrestling Club had a booth--they announced it and encouraged people to stop by--coaches and athletes in booth immediately after the meet--- we cant do that, we cant hand out flyers at meets etc.

It isnt that our staff or board hasnt talked at length about many of these ideas--we are limited. Many donors and Alum think they are helping us because the University Donation for specifies where you want the $$ to go--- many say wrestling--but we dont see any of it.

So unfortunately we are limited to grass roots type stuff--Plunge/Shoot/Golf Outings/Banquets etc.
Also some other programs have some HUGE donors--we have some generous people, no doubt but not on the level of some other clubs.

Some of what is said is worth considering--restructure swag and donations-- that isnt hard-- but to say that the club needs people with business acumen is a cheap shot. The people I have seen on that board and who are currently on it have plenty of business smarts. Doesnt mean at all we cant do better,improve or look for new ideas.

Im not complaining-- Its just that the other clubs have different arrangements with the Universities then the HWC does--I could talk about it until Im blue in the face-. Not an excuse--just a fact.

To the poster who donated $250 and didnt get a shirt--email me randy@novakheating.com please.

We do have a banquet coming up--it is a blast. If you can attend as a single or get a group for a table that would be great. If you have auction items to donate..great.

http://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/events/v/2017-hwc-banquet/55/

The dates for our summer golf outings are on on the HWC website.

Thank you for you past support, your future support--keep the suggestions/complaints/comments coming-- we are not perfect, but we are working hard to help the club and these athletes . GO HAWKS !

@Gobblin

Please contact me when possible Bill Maroney 256-374-4717. I would like to talk to you. I am from CR but live in Florida. Have not lived in Iowa since 1960.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PinsNpints
@Gobblin

Please contact me when possible Bill Maroney 256-374-4717. I would like to talk to you. I am from CR but live in Florida. Have not lived in Iowa since 1960.

Bill
Bill, if you would post your SS# and DOB, I will make sure gobblin gets in touch with you. Otherwise it's not always a good idea to post your phone number

I did not get anything so, here is my question are you a season ticket holder? If Not you might want to call me

I texted you at 2:51 yesterday afternoon Bill... I am a season ticket holder, but will still try to give you a cal today.

N
Paging @whejoe, It was officially 105.4 miles yesterday. :D
Nice work yesterday, LBlindhawk! My employer will match my donation, so you raised $212.

Donor Contribution : $106.00

Filled : Mon, 02 Oct 17 10:39:39 -0500

Submitted $1,200 to HWC through my company giving campaign so I don't have the normal receipt. I still wanted to post it here as this groups efforts and the changes in Iowa City have motivated me to give my largest donation ever. This might be a small amount compared to others but it was the best I could do to join the cause. Go Hawks

Submitted $1,200 to HWC through my company giving campaign so I don't have the normal receipt. I still wanted to post it here as this groups efforts and the changes in Iowa City have motivated me to give my largest donation ever. This might be a small amount compared to others but it was the best I could do to join the cause. Go Hawks
Outstanding! Good on ya, OC!!!

Reactions: PinsNpints
Just received an AOK from United Technologies UTX my employer, they are matching my recurring donations, heads up to any Rockwell Collins employees soon we will work for UTX it's easy to do through emPower on the Homepage. Just follow the giving links. They honor all Gifts to HWC, old and new just upload a receipt.

Last edited:
I just saw that on this coming Tuesday, Facebook will be matching donations made to nonprofits, up to $50k. (Donations would have to go through their site). I don’t see HWC listed, so I assume somebody from the club will have to set that up if this is something they want to take advantage of...

I just saw that on this coming Tuesday, Facebook will be matching donations made to nonprofits, up to $50k. (Donations would have to go through their site). I don’t see HWC listed, so I assume somebody from the club will have to set that up if this is something they want to take advantage of...
You have a link to this?

ADVERTISEMENT