ADVERTISEMENT

HWC 2018 Forum Drive

Novakht

HR All-State
Aug 3, 2013
Happy New Year HR Report members!

Thank you for a super year-- We started in April with Pinters saying " match me" and raised just under $150,000 for the Hawkeye Wrestling club!! That is huge, and I feel the energy from all of you I meet--at events,at meets and by exchanging emails.Thank you so much!

We have big goals for 2018-- and really we have just scratched the surface. Fundraising improved in 2017 thanks to many in this group--despite that we are still at a break even so to speak.Keep in mind we hired Mark Perry and have a record number of HWC athletes.We unfortunately had to pass on a couple opportunies because of budget.

We want to expand our annual budget from what was 360K in 2016, to 550K in 2017 and we have goals of getting this annual budget to 2MM per year in near future-- This will allow us to expand the HWC athletes, and staff with the goal of World and Olympic medals, and a team of HWC athletes that can be workout partners,mentors and role models for the collegiate team.

Bob Nicolls contacted me and has agreed to start off this 2018 Forum Fundraising drive with a $75,000 donation.

We have created a page to better track this for 2018-- we have a goal of $225,000 from this thread.-- I know it is only 75K more then what we raised last year, but many forum members are giving by donating toward events etc.

Here is where you can donate for 2018-- and see our progress.

As always I'm here to answer questions the best I can-- Cheers!

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/forum-drive/

** We will only count donations through the link above in our totals.

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: 2018 HWC Iowa Rivals Forum Drive
Amount: $100
Donation interval: One time

Randy, thanks, once again, for your phenomenal energy and leadership. And it goes without, saying, a HUGE thanks to Bob Nicolls for leading the way.

I say it a lot, but Hawk fans, I've had a chance to see the team that's been assembled to lead the HWC and the Hawks back to the top, and it's an IMPRESSIVE group. These folks are smart and determined to get the job done and they'll keep after it until the mission is accomplished. Anyone who has met the people making the calls behind the scenes has to be extremely impressed. So the HWC and Iowa wrestling are in very good hands, and all of us can rest assured that our donations will be put to good, efficient use.

As we know, the game has changed, and it all starts with $$$. We'll do it the right way and will always play by the rules, despite what others may be doing. But we can still get the job done without compromising principles. That said, it's a TEAM effort, and the HWC and the Hawks will need our massive and passionate fan base to keep stepping up to the plate. Huge strides have already been made in just about 9 months, but there's a long way to go, and the HWC and the Hawks are counting on us to join the effort. Of course, very few people have the kind of resources of an extraordinarily financially successful guy like Bob (although I'm sure glad we have such a terrific, generous, and loyal guy on our side!). And I totally respect everyone's attachment to his/her own finances. But if all of us pitch in a little, those donations multiply like crazy with the kind of numbers we have. So I hope all of us will review our own finances and find a little bit to pitch in. Together, we can move mountains for the HWC and the Hawks!

Randy, thanks, once again, for your phenomenal energy and leadership. And it goes without, saying, a HUGE thanks to Bob Nicolls for leading the way.

I say it a lot, but Hawk fans, I've had a chance to see the team that's been assembled to lead the HWC and the Hawks back to the top, and it's an IMPRESSIVE group. These folks are smart and determined to get the job done and they'll keep after it until the mission is accomplished. Anyone who has met the people making the calls behind the scenes has to be extremely impressed. So the HWC and Iowa wrestling are in very good hands, and all of us can rest assured that our donations will be put to good, efficient use.

As we know, the game has changed, and it all starts with $$$. We'll do it the right way and will always play by the rules, despite what others may be doing. But we can still get the job done without compromising principles. That said, it's a TEAM effort, and the HWC and the Hawks will need our massive and passionate fan base to keep stepping up to the plate. Huge strides have already been made in just about 9 months, but there's a long way to go, and the HWC and the Hawks are counting on us to join the effort. Of course, very few people have the kind of resources of an extraordinarily financially successful guy like Bob (although I'm sure glad we have such a terrific, generous, and loyal guy on our side!). And I totally respect everyone's attachment to his/her own finances. But if all of us pitch in a little, those donations multiply like crazy with the kind of numbers we have. So I hope all of us will review our own finances and find a little bit to pitch in. Together, we can move mountains for the HWC and the Hawks!

WWDM

Absolutely a team effort. Great job by HR in 2017. We can help out by doing what you can. Every donor is just as important as the next. Full participation is the goal, one way or the other!!!

We are doing several things here; helping post grads achieve their athletic goals, and having great training partners around for the team.

Go Hawks

WWDM

Absolutely a team effort. Great job by HR in 2017. We can help out by doing what you can. Every donor is just as important as the next. Full participation is the goal, one way or the other!!!

We are doing several things here; helping post grads achieve their athletic goals, and having great training partners around for the team.

Go Hawks
Very well said, Bob! Couldn’t agree more! Thanks, again, for leading the way!

Go Hawks!

Ok boys, the challenge is $225k for 2018. Pinning this one to the top to replace the thread that showed 146K+ for 2017.

Bob and WWDM are right when they say it takes a group effort. Nothing is accomplished with just the efforts of one........but with the efforts of many, anything is possible.

I'm in.

Mike

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow,
Donation interval: One time[/QUOTE]

Buddy you forgot to say Match Me! ;-)

Dear Mark s,

Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Amount: $103.39
Receipt #: 574644
Donated at: 01/02/18 17:32:42

Happy New Year!

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow,

Dear Mark s,

Happy New Year![/QUOTE]

This is the second donation amount of 103.39 I've seen in 2 days...did I miss something with this amount or is it coincidental?

Dear Mark s,

Happy New Year!

This is the second donation amount of 103.39 I've seen in 2 days...did I miss something with this amount or is it coincidental?[/QUOTE]

IIRC when I made some donations last year you are given the OPTION of paying the Credit Card Fee so as to maximize your donation. Hence the extra $3.39.
clap.gif

This is the second donation amount of 103.39 I've seen in 2 days...did I miss something with this amount or is it coincidental?

IIRC when I made some donations last year you are given the OPTION of paying the Credit Card Fee so as to maximize your donation. Hence the extra $3.39.
clap.gif
[/QUOTE]
Would be awesome if these went to Ace’s Plunge effort!

Reactions: HawkFT and MSeil
Here we go again! I’ll also put in for a company match tomorrow:

Amount: $300
Receipt #: 574802
Donated at: 01/02/18 20:30:50

Come on, Kwood...83 is the magic number. Very close though.
I kid you not. . . . Was watching PSU's bowl game and a stat came across the screen showing a percentage. . . you guessed it. . . 83%! I actually thought about rewinding and snapping a photo. Would have been HR gold, but never got around to it. Was hilarious.

Reactions: whejoe and AFHawk86
I am in the monthly donation pool. Not a lot I know but it has to help...GO HAWKS

poJycwIsTAS6TOorZ3Zl

Dear Joe,

Amount: $25
Donation interval: Monthly

I am in the monthly donation pool. Not a lot I know but it has to help...GO HAWKS

poJycwIsTAS6TOorZ3Zl

Dear Joe,

That’s awesome, Joe! It’s not about giving a lot — it’s about a lot of us giving a little. When that happens, 1) the amount increases massively and 2) it’s sustainable year after year. That’s the key to keeping the club rocking and rolling (and growing) and helping put the Hawks back on top.

Reactions: Hawk170
That’s awesome, Joe! It’s not about giving a lot — it’s about a lot of us giving a little. When that happens, 1) the amount increases massively and 2) it’s sustainable year after year. That’s the key to keeping the club rocking and rolling (and growing) and helping put the Hawks back on top.
Speak for yourself. 25 dollars a month would be a lot for me, considering i give to people who really need it every month. I understand you mean well, but that was a terrible post.

Speak for yourself. 25 dollars a month would be a lot for me, considering i give to people who really need it every month. I understand you mean well, but that was a terrible post.
Thanks for the kind words. I was referring to Joe’s post. He said “not a lot I know”. I think $25 per month is a lot, and very generous of Joe.

I wasn’t referring to Joe’s $25 per month specifically, but just saying in general that any amount donated by lots of fans is outstanding, highly effective, and sustainable.

You took my post out of context and completely mischaracterized it, taking the most negative and cynical angle possible. Other than that, you were right on target.

Last edited:

I understand you mean well, but that was a mean post.

Uncalled for. Just like my post back to you.

How does it feel?

poJycwIsTAS6TOorZ3Zl

Dear Joe,

130fs358763.gif
choir.gif
cancan.gif
bliss.gif

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye

Amount: $46.69
Period: 01/2018
Receipt #: 576524
Donated at: 01/04/18 07:29:58

Let’s keep the momentum going!

Amount: $46.69
Period: 01/2018
Receipt #: 576524
Donated at: 01/04/18 07:29:58

Let’s keep the momentum going!
:):p:D

Can we please get back to what this thread is intended for? Let's donate as much as we can afford to help get the HWC to where it is needed to be. Even if you can't afford to donate just help promote the HWC to your friends & family and let them know what they are trying to do. That is as good as a donation if not better.

Happy New Year HR Report members!

Thank you for a super year-- We started in April with Pinters saying " match me" and raised just under $150,000 for the Hawkeye Wrestling club!! That is huge, and I feel the energy from all of you I meet--at events,at meets and by exchanging emails.Thank you so much!

We have big goals for 2018-- and really we have just scratched the surface. Fundraising improved in 2017 thanks to many in this group--despite that we are still at a break even so to speak.Keep in mind we hired Mark Perry and have a record number of HWC athletes.We unfortunately had to pass on a couple opportunies because of budget.

We want to expand our annual budget from what was 360K in 2016, to 550K in 2017 and we have goals of getting this annual budget to 2MM per year in near future-- This will allow us to expand the HWC athletes, and staff with the goal of World and Olympic medals, and a team of HWC athletes that can be workout partners,mentors and role models for the collegiate team.

Bob Nicolls contacted me and has agreed to start off this 2018 Forum Fundraising drive with a $75,000 donation.

We have created a page to better track this for 2018-- we have a goal of $225,000 from this thread.-- I know it is only 75K more then what we raised last year, but many forum members are giving by donating toward events etc.

Here is where you can donate for 2018-- and see our progress.

As always I'm here to answer questions the best I can-- Cheers!

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/forum-drive/

** We will only count donations through the link above in our totals.

So............after reading this post again.......

Am I to understand that the donation I made on the Artic Plunge linky in the email you sent out this morning will not get counted in the fundraising by this here cesspool.
129fs3867689.gif

Not sure I appreciate that happening......
290.gif

I would guess there might be a number of others who clicked on your email linky and donated that did not realize they needed to use this special "Magic" linky you talk about in your first post on this new thread.

Last edited:
Also still have my $50 a month recurring that I started last year still in play. Go Hawks!

Receipt #: 577207
Donated at: 01/04/18 14:14:51
Payment method: MasterCard xxxx
Donor Address:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cedar Rapids, IA
United States

Thank you,

Hawkeye Wrestling Club

Posting this for a buddy who frequents the cesspool but does not post:

Dear Denny,

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club Campaign: 2018 HWC Iowa Rivals Forum Drive
Receipt #: 577322
Donated at: 01/04/18 15:45:23
Payment method: MasterCard
Donor Address:

Thank you,

Hawkeye Wrestling Club

<<So............after reading this post again.......
Am I to understand that the donation I made on the Artic Plunge linky in the email you sent out this morning will not get counted in the fundraising by this here cesspool.
129fs3867689.gif

Not sure I appreciate that happening......
290.gif
>>

Here is what I am faced with-- Forum members support us in many different ways-- from the match me campaign Pinters started-- to pledging toward the plunge, some attend banquets,golf outings,clay shoots-- some send in checks etc. But for me to know who is a forum member to attribute it toward the board is next to impossible. I know some people by name, some by screenname etc.

I just need an easy way to be able to update donations that come directly from this campaign and a separate link was the easiest way.

We sincerely appreciate ANY donation no matter how it is made, big small in between.

Last edited:
Dear Michael,

Receipt #: 579492
Donated at: 01/06/18 11:53:14
Payment method: Visa 7876
Donor Address:
2212 Waterford Drive
Flower Mound, TX
United States

Thank you,

Hawkeye Wrestling Club

Z

Dear Michael,

Receipt #: 579492
Donated at: 01/06/18 11:53:14
Payment method: Visa 7876
Donor Address:
2212 Waterford Drive
Flower Mound, TX
United States

Thank you,

Hawkeye Wrestling Club

Z
Just for the record, Mike -- you're not getting another sweet HWC swag pack out of this one. . . .;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT