ADVERTISEMENT

HWC 2018 Forum Drive

Let's keep a Good thing going. I Appreciate all the hard work going into the HWC!
If I get 20 or more matches I'll drop another $100 to HWC and WFL.
Match me

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Donor Name: Mark Seil
Amount: $51.84
Donation interval: One time
Receipt #: 850677

Enjoy your weekend Wrestling fans

Well said Rusty
@RandyNovak, Have I been matched? Hearing 150+ monthly donors now. That's incredible!!
Go Hawks
. . . and growing fast. The importance of the Inner Circle to the growth and success of the HWC and Iowa wrestling can't be over-emphasized. The Inner Circle will be the engine that keeps the HWC going -- it allows the HWC to plan, budget, hire, bring in elite senior-level coaches and wrestlers, have international stars come to Iowa City and train with our wrestlers, etc. And we all know that, the stronger the HWC, the stronger the Hawks.

Combine a thriving, growing HWC (already happening, of course, but gotta keep it going) with the top facility in the nation (not to mention unparalleled fan support, the best wrestling venue in the nation, the best wrestling tradition over the last 4 decades, a top-notch coaching staff who treat their guys like their own sons and are committed to helping them become better men, and a positive culture that's as strong as any in the country) and you have a massive uptick in recruiting, which is already starting to boom.

Unlike football, where the individual fan is just a tiny speck in a massive sea of donors, the individual fan can make a significant impact on the present and future of the HWC and Iowa wrestling. You can quite literally have a direct hand in helping to put the HWC and the Hawks back on top of the heap where they belong. And you can have access to the program unlike any average football fan ever could -- not to mention the awesome gear and chances to win really cool stuff and experiences. Joining the Inner Circle is the best way to make all of those things happen. And if you're in central Iowa, joining the DSM HWC group makes the whole experience even cooler. No time like the present!

Last edited:
164 monthly donors at at least $25 apiece by my count... I’m guessing the majority are at $50 and up though. That’s some damn decent coinage!
Darn right, but it’s just the start. The number is north of 180 now, I believe. I think 1,000 by this time next year is realistic, and I think we ultimately end up well above that. Just gotta keep getting the word out to Hawk fans. The more awareness, the more the Inner Circle grows.

Reactions: HawkFT
Inner Circle members-- Approx # 190

Majority are not 50$ and up-- but we are getting some traction! This is the future of the Club--grassroots #'s-- mulitiplied by many add up!

Cant wait to see an inner circle member at the Tom Brands Dinner!

How bout that drawing goes out to the “grassroots” memebers only???; )

A little late to the game, but I finally joined the #innercircle

Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club Inner Circle
Donor Name: "goiahawkeyes"
Amount: $26.07
Donation Interval: Monthly
Period: 06/2018
Receipt #: 999681
Welcome aboard, I just received my inner circle hat in the mail.

Okay, screw all this one donation here, one there...……….(yes, I'll keep doing that too)……..I'm in:

Donor Name: Michael Zierath
Amount: $26.07
Period: 06/2018
Receipt #: 1002053
Donated At: 06/15/18 22:01:38

I think I just counted 188 Inner Circle members, needs an update on Monday!

Z

It would appear, and it’s just my rough count, that the Inner Circle has reached 200 Members. Awesome! Let’s get 200 more!

Z
Darn right, Mike! Great to see you joining the f***! I honestly think 1,000 members by this time next year is entirely realistic. Gonna do whatever I can to make that happen. If we all work together to spread the word and inform Iowa fans of the critical importance of the Inner Circle and the value of membership, I think it's quite likely.

Happy New Year HR Report members!

Thank you for a super year-- We started in April with Pinters saying " match me" and raised just under $150,000 for the Hawkeye Wrestling club!! That is huge, and I feel the energy from all of you I meet--at events,at meets and by exchanging emails.Thank you so much!

We have big goals for 2018-- and really we have just scratched the surface. Fundraising improved in 2017 thanks to many in this group--despite that we are still at a break even so to speak.Keep in mind we hired Mark Perry and have a record number of HWC athletes.We unfortunately had to pass on a couple opportunies because of budget.

We want to expand our annual budget from what was 360K in 2016, to 550K in 2017 and we have goals of getting this annual budget to 2MM per year in near future-- This will allow us to expand the HWC athletes, and staff with the goal of World and Olympic medals, and a team of HWC athletes that can be workout partners,mentors and role models for the collegiate team.

Bob Nicolls contacted me and has agreed to start off this 2018 Forum Fundraising drive with a $75,000 donation.

We have created a page to better track this for 2018-- we have a goal of $225,000 from this thread.-- I know it is only 75K more then what we raised last year, but many forum members are giving by donating toward events etc.

Here is where you can donate for 2018-- and see our progress.

As always I'm here to answer questions the best I can-- Cheers!

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/forum-drive/

** We will only count donations through the link above in our totals.

Randy,

Is the update current on the forum drive?

Z

Ladies/Gents--

The total is up to date-- keep in mind only way I have to see what to update is if the link is used-- impossible to count Inner Circle donations that come from forum members or other types of donations as I simply dont know where they are coming from.

Thanks!

Thought I would celebrate my raise at work with a donation to our wrestlers!

Dear Daniel,

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Campaign: 2018 HWC Iowa Rivals Forum Drive
Donor Name: Daniel
Amount: $51.90
Donation Interval: One-time
Receipt #: 1277420
Donated At: 09/07/18 09:38:35
Payment Method: Visa 1436
Donor Address:
65697 700th St.
Cumberland, IA
United States

Thank you,

Hawkeye Wrestling Club

WOW, has this effort stalled! Bob Nicolls donated $75,000 and the rest of The Cesspool less than $5,000 ($4,288). I'm sending a check today to get the ball rolling again. Who wants to join me?

WOW, has this effort stalled! Bob Nicolls donated $75,000 and the rest of The Cesspool less than $5,000 ($4,288). I'm sending a check today to get the ball rolling again. Who wants to join me?

To be fair, many have become monthly donors and I don’t believe those are being included in this total.... Just a FWIW.

To be fair, many have become monthly donors and I don’t believe those are being included in this total.... Just a FWIW.

Gobblin, I know and am taking that into consideration. I, too, am a monthly donor, but want to add a little to this effort. We can't ask Bob to do it all. We should show our thanks by joining him. Who among us can find an extra $50 in the next couple of weeks to keep helping the HWC?

Reactions: Gobblin
Gobblin, I know and am taking that into consideration. I, too, am a monthly donor, but want to add a little to this effort. We can't ask Bob to do it all. We should show our thanks by joining him. Who among us can find an extra $50 in the next couple of weeks to keep helping the HWC?

Well damn it Jim, I can! YAAAARRRR!!!!

Was a little slow to joining Inner Circle, but have set up a charitable trust with a $50 monthly donation to HWC, started in August.

HAWKEYE WRESTLING CLUB
Tax ID 23———

$50.00

Submitted 10/1/2018
Grant ID 1100——
Instruction ID 2257----

Timing RECURRING
Frequency Monthly

Start Date 08/01/2018

Another one late to the party but I'm happy to help with a little....

Dear Brad,

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club

Donor Name: Brad Grupe
Amount: $25
Period: 10/2018
Receipt #: 1371767
Donated At: 10/01/18 18:12:24

20 or more matches or 20$ on up we will add another 50$. Thanks for continuing to support the HWC! Now Let us get that facility built.

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Donor Name: Mark Seil
Amount: $32.32
Donation Interval: One-time
Receipt #: 1402034
Donated At: 10/10/18 14:56:53
Payment Method: Visa 1783

Go Hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT