ADVERTISEMENT

HWC Arctic Plunge is a success

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Reactions: jrod65
Any fellow jumpers on here? This year was the toughest jump for me. I think the warmer air made the water feel extra cold. Maybe it's because I'm still recovering from knee surgery and am pathetically out of shape.

Reactions: 24 so far
Any fellow jumpers on here? This year was the toughest jump for me. I think the warmer air made the water feel extra cold. Maybe it's because I'm still recovering from knee surgery and am pathetically out of shape.
Serious question from someone who's never done this. Was there ever a point where you thought you might die? Like a heart attack or gasp response when under water?

Reactions: 24 so far
Serious question from someone who's never done this. Was there ever a point where you thought you might die? Like a heart attack or gasp response when under water?
As soon as you hit the water the only thing on your mind is getting out of the water absolutely as soon as possible. Big time fight or flight deal.

Not done the HWC plunge, but have done others. Also fallen through the ice on several occassions, but that's another story. Can definitely be a gasp or fight/flight response. Not had a heart attack yet. Helps if you let the body cool a lot before jumping. That's why the second or third jump is not as bad. Once hypothermic and delusional, not bad at all. 😉

Those wussies wearing wet suits get an F grade from me.

Reactions: wyldhawk9
ADVERTISEMENT