ADVERTISEMENT

HWC Banquet

IAChief32

HR Heisman
Apr 21, 2017
At table 24 if anybody wants to stop and see the Iawrestle guys, bbwrestler, Hawkfromday one and me

What did Mark have to say? How intense was he?
He spoke highly of Iowa, respected where he has been, but home now. And, f-ing work to be done. I loved how he said if Brands told him to do something he said: "get out of my way".

Lots of respect for the current staff, but he has high goals for himself. I love it. I love guys in the room that want to be head coaches. He seems to fit that to me.

He spoke highly of Iowa, respected where he has been, but home now. And, f-ing work to be done. I loved how he said if Brands told him to do something he said: "get out of my way".

Lots of respect for the current staff, but he has high goals for himself. I love it. I love guys in the room that want to be head coaches. He seems to fit that to me.

Thank your very much!

Shoot -- saw this too late, myself, too. Saw one IAWrestle guy and Fromday1 but missed out on the rest of you. I meant to track down your table but didn't get around to it. I'm sure we'll all get together soon and have some f*** putting Iowa wrestling back on top where it belongs!

A lot of the kids really had fun, especially the CCA middle schoolers (after we could fix some confusion).
Looked for you, GG, but didn't see you. Saw a good number of kids having a good time, however -- probably thanks largely to you and WFL.

Shoot -- saw this too late, myself, too. Saw one IAWrestle guy and Fromday1 but missed out on the rest of you. I meant to track down your table but didn't get around to it. I'm sure we'll all get together soon and have some f*** putting Iowa wrestling back on top where it belongs!
It was nice meeting you. I wish I had more time to meet with everyone. My family had a great time.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
You are a huge asset to the program. Thank you
Nah, I'm just another diehard like the rest of the gang! But I do love Iowa wrestling, just like you and the rest of us. Together, we're going to absolutely destroy the task before us.

It's worth mentioning that Mark referred to Iowa fans in his talk last night. Extremely impressive talk, by the way. It's not easy to address a big room full of several hundred fans like that, and he handled it with grace, humor, and a lot of pretty deep insights. Anyway, he did refer to Hawk fans as an "army" and talked about mobilizing this tremendous asset. He's a sharp guy, and he understands what we have in Iowa that sets us apart from everyone else.

Time to report for duty, Hawk fans!

Ok....I'll give it a shot since I'm the newbie.

Walked into the joint and one of the first folks I saw was Terry Brands. He said hello to the wife and I and thanked us for coming. We walked around looking at all the stuff that was up for bid and put our prices down for a few things. The venue started to fill up...at that point, we saw pretty much all the wrestlers. Matt McD was there with his wife and newborn, Burak, Sam Brooks and Cory Clark (with sling), Lewboo, Marinelli and all the young studs. No Kemerer or Lee. Said hi to Brooks and Clark, M* made a point to thank us as well.

Got to talk to Tom a bit...he is galvanized by all the support and is psyched to have Perry on board. Met Perry as well and he is happy to be home...you can just tell by the way he expresses himself. Through all of this, I maintained my cool and did not try to hug it out with any of the above named individuals. Before hand, told my wife to smack me if I tried.

Tom's speech was basically what you'd expect....afterwards, you were ready to run through a wall. Perry started off pretty slow but when he got to talking about his passion for the sport and winning, it started to take off. Talked about winning gold medals and to "hell with other ones." All in all, a great event...even the wife enjoyed herself. Would recommend it to anyone.

I do know that Hawkfromday1 had a very interesting day but I'll let him tell you about that.

Ok....I'll give it a shot since I'm the newbie.

Walked into the joint and one of the first folks I saw was Terry Brands. He said hello to the wife and I and thanked us for coming. We walked around looking at all the stuff that was up for bid and put our prices down for a few things. The venue started to fill up...at that point, we saw pretty much all the wrestlers. Matt McD was there with his wife and newborn, Burak, Sam Brooks and Cory Clark (with sling), Lewboo, Marinelli and all the young studs. No Kemerer or Lee. Said hi to Brooks and Clark, M* made a point to thank us as well.

Got to talk to Tom a bit...he is galvanized by all the support and is psyched to have Perry on board. Met Perry as well and he is happy to be home...you can just tell by the way he expresses himself. Through all of this, I maintained my cool and did not try to hug it out with any of the above named individuals. Before hand, told my wife to smack me if I tried.

Tom's speech was basically what you'd expect....afterwards, you were ready to run through a wall. Perry started off pretty slow but when he got to talking about his passion for the sport and winning, it started to take off. Talked about winning gold medals and to "hell with other ones." All in all, a great event...even the wife enjoyed herself. Would recommend it to anyone.

I do know that Hawkfromday1 had a very interesting day but I'll let him tell you about that.

The HR and the donation thread got a mention during the speeches as well!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT