ADVERTISEMENT

HWC Des Moines Golf Outing - Roll Call

pin2winIA

HR All-State
Aug 20, 2013
des-moines-flyer.jpg

I'll be giving away some Night of Conflict tickets throughout the day. Come find me and I'll buy you a beer. Appreciate all the support we get on IAwrestle.com from Hawkeye Report fans. It doesn't go unnoticed. Trust me I check the numbers :)

I'm in! Really looking forward to hanging with some great fans, coaches, and wrestlers, and depositing some golf balls in the woods and water hazards of Echo Valley.

And let's continue to support IAWrestle! They do a great service for wrestling in Iowa and are a big help to the HWC with the Night of Conflict and Conflict at Carver, the proceeds of which go directly to the HWC.

In, but not for golf
That's great, Bob! Looking forward to meeting you and thanking you in person for your phenomenal support of Iowa wrestling.

And Chief -- the golf is just an excuse to get together. Come over and join us for some lunch, good conversation, and hors d'oeuvres after golf. Same goes for anyone else who isn't jazzed about playing golf (in my case, I use that term very loosely) but would like to join the f***.

And Cowboy, I'll pay your way if you want to join us -- seriously! I'm sure the Okie State administration won't notice that you're gone for the day. We literally live 10 minutes from the course -- we'll put you up. Yeah, it's a crazy idea, but you're part of the family despite your misguided college allegiance. Just let me know if you're up for it.

Challenge accepted! Look for the bald dork wearing the white WrestleStat shirt when you're there.
You're on! Look for the dork in all black and gold (that narrows it down) hooking or shanking everything he hits.

Sorry fellas, but the returning champions have just signed up!

Team WrestleStat will be there!
I may have dabbled in golf before and if somebody needs a player next year to beat Team Wrestlestat hit me up, but the Iowa Poultry Fall Festival is the same day in Okoboji and I will be playing golf there.

I'm a hell of a lot better golfer than I am a wrestler lol

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
That's great, Bob! Looking forward to meeting you and thanking you in person for your phenomenal support of Iowa wrestling.

And Chief -- the golf is just an excuse to get together. Come over and join us for some lunch, good conversation, and hors d'oeuvres after golf. Same goes for anyone else who isn't jazzed about playing golf (in my case, I use that term very loosely) but would like to join the f***.

And Cowboy, I'll pay your way if you want to join us -- seriously! I'm sure the Okie State administration won't notice that you're gone for the day. We literally live 10 minutes from the course -- we'll put you up. Yeah, it's a crazy idea, but you're part of the family despite your misguided college allegiance. Just let me know if you're up for it.
The best man in my wedding lives in West Des Moaners, and his daughter is getting married that Saturday. But one kid has FB game Thursday, I work a game on Friday, and the youngest's godfather brings his team to Stillwater to play OSU on Saturday. Plus, I stink at golf :(

The best man in my wedding lives in West Des Moaners, and his daughter is getting married that Saturday. But one kid has FB game Thursday, I work a game on Friday, and the youngest's godfather brings his team to Stillwater to play OSU on Saturday. Plus, I stink at golf :(
No worries. Maybe next year! You can hang out with Chief and Mr. Nicolls while the rest of us search for balls in the woods.

can't even drink anymore, the alcohol raises my lipids too much. But, I enjoy talking to wrestling fans of all colored shirts, so hopefully sometime!
Don't drink, either, but I've become quite the connoisseur of NA beers over the years. I'll join you for one of them some day. Hope you have a great time at the wedding! Hopefully your best man has come to his senses and become a Hawk fan. . . or always has been. If so, maybe he can talk some sense into you.;)

Don't drink, either, but I've become quite the connoisseur of NA beers over the years. I'll join you for one of them some day. Hope you have a great time at the wedding! Hopefully your best man has come to his senses and become a Hawk fan. . . or always has been. If so, maybe he can talk some sense into you.;)
He is a freaking Sooner. But, we both grew up in the same small town in KS. How he ended up in the frozen north is beyond me. Something about corn-fed girls, I think.

When is the golf over with and the lunch start, and how long does the event last. I'm in IC for the weekend, but have an obligation in the AM and early afternoon, but can leave early

Reactions: FD_HWC
When is the golf over with and the lunch start, and how long does the event last. I'm in IC for the weekend, but have an obligation in the AM and early afternoon, but can leave early
Lunch will be around noon. Golf will probably be from about 1:00 to about 5:00, with hors d'oeurves afterward.

Bob,

Golf at 1 pm... Will take 5 hrs.. then drinks,prizes,appetizers.awards..coaches talk.

Coach Brands will be in touch. We will get you to DSM and the event!

Reactions: FD_HWC

I prefer St Pauli NA and Clausthaler, but, in the interest of full-disclosure, I do like my wine.

How many teams are competing? Is Mr. Gable gonna make it? Bumpity
Thanks
Two years ago Gable was there; actually got to talk to him for about 5 minutes. Last year I don't believe he was though.

They've been pretty full it seems; at least 1 team per hole, so ~18 teams. Randy will have better numbers though if he sees this.

Reactions: PinsNpints
I am in for a foursome and sponsoring a hole. Also of interest based on the upcoming Conflict at Carver is one of the guys in my group is Kirk Rathjen who's son Caleb is representing Iowa in the Conflict. Our group won't be very good but won't be for lack of beer! Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

I am in for a foursome and sponsoring a hole. Also of interest based on the upcoming Conflict at Carver is one of the guys in my group is Kirk Rathjen who's son Caleb is representing Iowa in the Conflict. Our group won't be very good but won't be for lack of beer! Look forward to meeting some of you guys.
Awesome, Kujawa! I didn't see you on the list. Will be great to have you and your group! See you then.

If anyone wants VIP tickets and does NOT want to pay the online fees. I can hook you up with Night of Conflict 3 tickets.

Record attendance and record funds raised for a HWC golf outing today! Tremendous energy, and an incredible turnout by the HWC. The entire Iowa staff was on hand, with almost all of the HWC wrestlers. All very gracious and thankful for Iowa fans' support. Fantastic day for any Iowa wrestling fan. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone with interest in Iowa wrestling. Lots of great interaction with coaches, wrestlers, and other fans, and tons of positive energy. No need to be a good golfer -- our entire foursome pretty much stunk up the course -- but we had a blast in the process.

Lets' set another record next year, DSM!

These events are becoming MUST do for ANY Hawk fan! I have attended huddles, "outings", etc for Iowa in the past. This was one of the best events YET and they are just gearing up. Up close and personal with the entire club today. Incredible and great to connect with so many there and meet Mr. Nicolls. Wow!

What a blast. Up until yesterday I believed the future was bright. Now I KNOW the future is bright. Thanks to all who worked on putting it on and the coaches and wrestlers who took the time to be there. And special thanks to WWDM and Randy who have put in countless hours at the grass roots level to help raise interest, enthusiasm and money for the HWC. And it was shown in full force yesterday! Go Hawks!

Record attendance and record funds raised for a HWC golf outing today! Tremendous energy, and an incredible turnout by the HWC. The entire Iowa staff was on hand, with almost all of the HWC wrestlers. All very gracious and thankful for Iowa fans' support. Fantastic day for any Iowa wrestling fan. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone with interest in Iowa wrestling. Lots of great interaction with coaches, wrestlers, and other fans, and tons of positive energy. No need to be a good golfer -- our entire foursome pretty much stunk up the course -- but we had a blast in the process.

Lets' set another record next year, DSM!
yeah, but can they play golf?:eek:

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT