ADVERTISEMENT

HWC open practice and tailgate on Saturday, September 7

Todd Conner

HB MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Practice facility is awesome and huge. Nice to see the guys be able to roll around without running into each other. Team looked to be going about 80% and working through positions while drilling. Felt like the team was working on scrambling instead of just drilling. I believe this is the most athletic roster that I have ever watched. Lots of fun scrambles and athleticism showed. Gabe was cartwheeling and flipping around, we’re going to see some crazy defense from him this year.

Saw Petersen in the room although didn’t see him wrestling. I’m guessing he’s worked his way down to 125. I don’t know if he has an ounce of fat on him, looked to be in good spirits and not drained. Thinking he is going down the right way.

Drake was there but didn’t see him scrapping much.

Pretty sure Schriever and Block were going pretty hard for a long stretch. Could be wrong on if it was block though. I only saw a score from block but wasn’t watching closely.

Rathje was working with Eierman and looked really good. Did not see Parco. Estrada was there and he is an absolute tank. Very powerful kid.

Did not see Teamer,

Calliendo was there but didn’t see him rolling around. Kennedy was going pretty hard and looked good but I’m not sure who he was going with.

Gabe is a lot of fun to watch. Just send to move different, very fluid and powerful.

Nelson was there and looked huge. If he is going 174 he will be an extra full 174. Angelo and Buchanan were working together and a lot of fun to watch. Angelo was giving a bunch of size but he is very good and getting to the legs. He and Buchanan were working through ankle positions and scrambling from their feet.

Watched kueter kick some tail today as well.

Very excited to see the team this year.

I also watched Desanto and Maranelli going at it. Never in my life would I think any one would charge AM with the ferocity that Desanto did. Watching him with my 9 year old is just an absolute perfect example of how you don’t back down to anyone. Obviously he was giving up a ton of size but looked like coaches were blowing it dead pretty quick when size was becoming a major factor.

If you have a chance to get in and watch Desanto, you do it!

I also watched Desanto and Maranelli going at it. Never in my life would I think any one would charge AM with the ferocity that Desanto did. Watching him with my 9 year old is just an absolute perfect example of how you don’t back down to anyone. Obviously he was giving up a ton of size but looked like coaches were blowing it dead pretty quick when size was becoming a major factor.

If you have a chance to get in and watch Desanto, you do it!

I believe Keuter is in Spain the at U20 Worlds, going for Gold tomorrow.

Practice facility is awesome and huge. Nice to see the guys be able to roll around without running into each other. Team looked to be going about 80% and working through positions while drilling. Felt like the team was working on scrambling instead of just drilling. I believe this is the most athletic roster that I have ever watched. Lots of fun scrambles and athleticism showed. Gabe was cartwheeling and flipping around, we’re going to see some crazy defense from him this year.

Saw Petersen in the room although didn’t see him wrestling. I’m guessing he’s worked his way down to 125. I don’t know if he has an ounce of fat on him, looked to be in good spirits and not drained. Thinking he is going down the right way.

Pretty sure Schriever and Block were going pretty hard for a long stretch. Could be wrong on if it was block though. I only saw a score from block but wasn’t watching closely.

Rathje was working with Eierman and looked really good. Did not see Parco. Estrada was there and he is an absolute tank. Very powerful kid.

Did not see Teamer,

Calliendo was there but didn’t see him rolling around. Kennedy was going pretty hard and looked good but I’m not sure who he was going with.

Gabe is a lot of fun to watch. Just send to move different, very fluid and powerful.

Nelson was there and looked huge. If he is going 174 he will be an extra full 174. Angelo and Buchanan were working together and a lot of fun to watch. Angelo was giving a bunch of size but he is very good and getting to the legs. He and Buchanan were working through ankle positions and scrambling from their feet.

Thanks Irish!!

Did not see Teamer,

Thanks for the report. Sounds encouraging. I take it you watched Keuter on flo app.

I believe Keuter is in Spain the at U20 Worlds, going for Gold tomorrow.

Once again…the internet is magical. One can watch his matches from Spain anywhere with a signal. It’s some good stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: acuhawk
Once again…the internet is magical. One can watch his matches from Spain anywhere with a signal. It’s some good stuff.
Within the context of a thread regarding an Open practice and then a write up explaining what each individual Hawk was doing at said practice, it was a poorly constructed paragraph. Let’s be honest, you’ve unloaded on folks for far less.

Reactions: moug
Within the context of a thread regarding an Open practice and then a write up explaining what each individual Hawk was doing at said practice, it was a poorly constructed paragraph. Let’s be honest, you’ve unloaded on folks for far less.

Yeah man it was just extra fun after the other day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT