ADVERTISEMENT

HWC practice before the Iowa-UNI football game

thanks for the info... I am back in Iowa City for the first time in 25 years. Is the Wrestling Room in Carver? I would like to take my family to show them what the energy level is in this sport.

THX

thanks for the info... I am back in Iowa City for the first time in 25 years. Is the Wrestling Room in Carver? I would like to take my family to show them what the energy level is in this sport.

THX
Yes it is.

THX
Sounds like a great plan! Hoping one day that I can get out there and catch a practice! Have a great time!!!

OH almost forgot most important thing!!!!
Make sure you bring your video camera to capture all the action:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, anyone who can provide us with some tidbits/notes from the practice is always much appreciated!!!!

Reactions: depelland
Just got home from the open practice. Lots of great wrestling today. Lee and Clark were paired up, lots of unbelievable scrambles. Lee owning the day I would say, however, Clark did take him down a few times. The last 3 open practices Murin and DeSanto have paired up and really go after one another. Murin has DeSanto's number at this point, but DeSanto is a warrior and doesn't take getting taken down lightly. DeSanto is really getting pushed in the Iowa room. Marinelli and Sorensen was fun to watch. Marinelli seemed to have the upper hand. Marinelli looks a lot thicker than he did last year. Beast! Renteira was taking it to Glynn (pretty sure it was Renteira). Fun time! Lot's of fans watching the practice. The stands were overflowing!

my thoughts: Seemed like pretty much the whole team was there. Whoever mans 133 this year will make us happy. DeSanto is very active and tough scrapper. Renteria looks big for a 133 and is smooth w/ nice arsenal of moves. Stoll did not roll but walked around without any gimp. Marinelli still has huge brace on leg. Kem is noticeably bigger. Young did not roll but he and Wilcke are looking lean and should be able to make 157 and 184 respectively. Lee does look a little more built/ripped. Nelson was matched up with Moody and was getting lots of takedowns. Warner was wrestling a simulated freestyle match with Myles Wilson before practice started and did not participate in the rest of practice. Telford is very hands-on with the bigger guys.
Patrick Kennedy was there and rolled with Mstar for a while.

Patrick Kennedy looks like he could be a junior in college rather than a junior in high school.

Murin and Desanto were going the hardest live out of anyone. Entertaining to watch. Both guys wrestling with an edge and intensity, but friendly with each other after the live gos.

Nelson Brands looking really good vs Moody.

ADVERTISEMENT