ADVERTISEMENT

HWC Showdown Open

This is exactly my point about the price though. You weren't interested in the NLWC event and it had more matches and was 1/3rd of the price. I don't think we're going to see many non-hawk fans shell out $30 (unless the opponents end up being extremely high level).

Oh, well if your point is that it isn't going to attract many non-Iowa fans then we agree. Wasn't thinking of it in that way myself, rather the point being more of an Iowa event. I could be looking at it wrong/shortsighted. No doubt, the more marquee matches there are, the more likely non-Iowa fans will watch.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I'll be watching too. and i think HWC will make a good chunk of change. you're missing a few details on pay structure between the two formats though. they'd make more on Rokfin.

Willie - will you be able to share the details? I don't have a clue on how it works but I have wondered about it. I already subscribe to multiple sites so I haven't dived into Rofkin yet...but I do miss your insight on Flo.

Reactions: WEH8ST8HAWK
Oh, well if your point is that it isn't going to attract many non-Iowa fans then we agree. Wasn't thinking of it in that way myself, rather the point being more of an Iowa event. I could be looking at it wrong/shortsighted. No doubt, the more marquee matches there are, the more likely non-Iowa fans will watch.
My thoughts exactly. If it’s not going to grab that many non-HWC fans, then what it really is is a fundraiser for the HWC. If you made it $49.95, would that really scare off many true HWC fans. I don’t think so. You might as well go for the gusto and make as much revenue as possible.

US Olympic champs since 2008:

Henry Cejudo
Jordan Burroughs
Jake Varner
Kyle Snyder
Helen Maroulis

Given Cejudo's ties with the program, could be a possibility.

After listening to the Brands' interview with Klingman (posted above) and hearing Tom talk about women's wrestling, has me thinking that we could get a Helen Maroulis match.

Kayla Miracle appeared to leave the HWC on good terms, maybe a possible opponent for Helen?

Don't think Bull or Kem are ready for Burroughs yet, but would still love to see either of them take on the challenge.

I'll likely get this, but my one hesistancy has been the massive inconsistency in the streaming quality of wrestling events over the last several years. $30 for the event means the provider needs to ensure the appropriate equipment is available and used to produce a solid, quality feed throughout. We can forgive bad announcers or occasional poor camerawork, but people who are unable to connect while matches are progressing will remember when something like this is announced next year.

Reactions: IAChief32
I'll likely get this, but my one hesistancy has been the massive inconsistency in the streaming quality of wrestling events over the last several years. $30 for the event means the provider needs to ensure the appropriate equipment is available and used to produce a solid, quality feed throughout. We can forgive bad announcers or occasional poor camerawork, but people who are unable to connect while matches are progressing will remember when something like this is announced next year.

That’s mainly a Flo issue. Have had very few issues with Track and the NLWC Rofkin thing was alright.

Reactions: hlstone
So, are they announcing the main event first, or do we have even better matches to come?

That should be fun, though I'd expect a dominant performance from Kinch. He's not afraid to really mix it up, so Jaydin should have some opportunities to go big.

Welp. I obviously set my sights too low on matchups.

if-u-set-expectations-low-u-cant-be-disappointed.jpg

Awesome first matchup to announce. Based on this, could Spencer be facing Takahashi? He beat Gilman for the World Championship back in 2017.

Awesome first matchup to announce. Based on this, could Spencer be facing Takahashi? He beat Gilman for the World Championship back in 2017.
International travel might be difficult. Kinch is based in NYC now. I would be (pleasantly) surprised if they could get someone from overseas.

ADVERTISEMENT