ADVERTISEMENT

HWC updates

Novakht

HR All-State
Aug 3, 2013
1. Drawing on Monday July 2nd for Inner Circle members for (2) seats at the Tom Brands dinner at his house on Sat August 11th. Lots of inner circle members are a part of this forum.. if you are not join before July 2nd to be included in this drawing!

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/inner-circle/

2. New Nike cotton Gilman shirts are out--If you are Inner Circle look for a discount code in an email next couple days.

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/store/gilman-shirt/

3. Budapest Raffle-- we have not sold many tickets--odds are going to be good-- enter to win a chance to see oneheck of a team compete!

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/raffles/budapest/

4. With many of our guys competing this summer practices are a great way to see some intense scrapping-- some new recruits are already in the room-- our HWC guys are working hard-- If you live in the area try to catch all or part of a practice! Most of the time at 3pm-- but call wrestling office to confirm- 319-335-9405

If you have questions,comments, suggestions--let me know!

As always--Thanks for your support!

Man I would love to do that Budapest trip. I wish I could swing that trip but young kids plus work responsibilities = no go. :(

I would love to go back to Budapest again. My second favorite city I've been to in Europe, after Rome. An extra hundy out of my budget though....hmmm....

Reactions: MSeil and Novakht
In terms of workout partners, the decision is obvious. The gap is closing, join Inner Circle today!

HWC Wrestlers

Thomas Gilman (57 kg/125.5 lbs)
Cory Clark (61 kg/134 lbs.)
Nick Dardanes (65kg/143.5 lbs.)
Chris Dardanes (65kg/143.5 lbs.)
Brandon Sorensen (65kg/143.5 lbs.) or (70kg/154.3 lbs.)
Alex Meyer (80 kg/176.4 Greco)
Sammy Brooks (86 kg/189 lbs.)
Nathan Burak (97 kg/213.8 lbs)
Bobby Telford (125 kg/275.6 lbs)
Lauren Louive (59 kg/130 lbs)
Alli Ragan (60 kg/132.3 lbs)

NLWC “Resident Athletes”
Josh Rodriguez (57 kg/125.5 lbs)
Jordan Conaway (61 kg/134 lbs.)
Zain Retherford(65kg/143.5 lbs.)
Franklin Gomez (74 kg/163 lbs.)
Ben Provisor (85 kg/187 lbs. Greco)
David Taylor (86 kg/189 lbs.)
Riley Lefever(92 kg/202.4 lbs.)

I’m joining in August- getting a bonus and so will HWC! Inner circle here I come! Truth is my wife isn’t aware of bonus, would not be happy with my financial decision. In the long run she will be happy though, I won’t have to purchase a new TV remote watching iowa not win national titles

I’m joining in August- getting a bonus and so will HWC! Inner circle here I come! Truth is my wife isn’t aware of bonus, would not be happy with my financial decision. In the long run she will be happy though, I won’t have to purchase a new TV remote watching iowa not win national titles
If she finds out, tell her you did it as a tax deduction. It makes good financial sense.

In terms of workout partners, the decision is obvious. The gap is closing, join Inner Circle today!

HWC Wrestlers

Thomas Gilman (57 kg/125.5 lbs)
Cory Clark (61 kg/134 lbs.)
Nick Dardanes (65kg/143.5 lbs.)
Chris Dardanes (65kg/143.5 lbs.)
Brandon Sorensen (65kg/143.5 lbs.) or (70kg/154.3 lbs.)
Alex Meyer (80 kg/176.4 Greco)
Sammy Brooks (86 kg/189 lbs.)
Nathan Burak (97 kg/213.8 lbs)
Bobby Telford (125 kg/275.6 lbs)
Lauren Louive (59 kg/130 lbs)
Alli Ragan (60 kg/132.3 lbs)

NLWC “Resident Athletes”
Josh Rodriguez (57 kg/125.5 lbs)
Jordan Conaway (61 kg/134 lbs.)
Zain Retherford(65kg/143.5 lbs.)
Franklin Gomez (74 kg/163 lbs.)
Ben Provisor (85 kg/187 lbs. Greco)
David Taylor (86 kg/189 lbs.)
Riley Lefever(92 kg/202.4 lbs.)

Boris Novachkov was also in the room for some time, not sure if he's still in Iowa City or not, seemed he was dealing with injuries his entire time here. And if you look at the twitter of 2017 57kg UZB World Team Member Nodir Safarov (@nodirsafarov91) seems he may be spending some time in IC training.

Boris Novachkov was also in the room for some time, not sure if he's still in Iowa City or not, seemed he was dealing with injuries his entire time here. And if you look at the twitter of 2017 57kg UZB World Team Member Nodir Safarov (@nodirsafarov91) seems he may be spending some time in IC training.

Spending time in the room isn't the same as being a HWC supported athlete.

If she finds out, tell her you did it as a tax deduction. It makes good financial sense.
I actually told her yesterday-I put my foot down pretty hard thinking there would be push back. She just rolled her eyes and said that I am an idiot. She is so right too, here’s to all the other husbands out there who “out punted their coverage” or “got two deep in a single leg attempt” (tried me best to put in wrestling lingo)

Hey fellas, after a week long vacation, and just started a new full-time job yesterday, what do I need to ask my employer to see if they do the match for HWC donations?

I told my wife that we were donating to a foundation that takes young, slightly mental men off the street and allows them to be mentored by older, wiser, but still slightly mental men. She asked for an example of such men and I gave her a link to Sammy Brooks’s “mullet” interview and Terry climbing Big Ben after Spencer pinned NATO.

She said,”I don’t know if there is enough money in the world to help that but O.K.” Of course this was before she saw me during Spencer’s final against Suriano...now she started a fund for me.

Hey fellas, after a week long vacation, and just started a new full-time job yesterday, what do I need to ask my employer to see if they do the match for HWC donations?

Ask if they do any kind of matching contributions to charities. Most places probably have something in their employee handbook or with your benefits info.

Ask your new company if they have an employee charitable gifting program. If yes ask if they have a matching gift program. Put your company name in a google search followed employee charitable giving.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
When is the first HWC 6 person dodgeball fundraiser again?? I want to save the date. Set it up in a trials style format with all teams having to go through the field , winning team gets to take on a group of Hawks!
You know, that's actually not a bad idea. Would have a nice tongue-in-cheek undertone to it, also, considering the whole dodgeball history at a really f*** school out east. I bet that kind of event could actually bring in some dough, and I know it would be a great time. Would be hilarious, for sure.

Oh man, HWC endorsed dodge ball team names, let’s go!

Gilman - Team Machine in Use
Clark - Team Real Slim Shady
Sorensen - Team Soren Eagle
Dardanes - Team Twinning
Meyer - Team Meercat
Brooks - Team Mullets are Cool
Burak - Team Autocorrect to Borat
Telford - Team Bobby T’s Special Sauce

Suggestions are welcomed

Reactions: Grip220
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT