ADVERTISEMENT

hydroxychloroquine makes hospitalized patients substantially less likely to die.

d95f720e6ba6acd9.png

A new study. As opposed to bodies of studies by independent sources.

Not odd, It's waiting to see if decisions are made based on evidence. This study, if deemed reputable, has to be validated by comparable studies by independent labs, and results have to be identical.

If this is determined to be a unscientific study based on random parameters, it will not be taken seriously.
I could not access the link and will not waste my time unless there is good reason to.

I posted on this in another thread.

In a few of their statistical comparisons:

• Control group had avg age 6 yrs greater than treatment groups.
  • Age was a much more statistically significant factor than treatment type.
  • They did see effects that warrant more analysis; HOWEVER anytime you're running multiple comparisons (which it appears to be exactly what they did), you need to use the Bonferroni adjusted alpha, which I do not think they did. That dramatically alters your P values.

Meanwhile, back in RealityLand, Covid-19 is now being tagged as causing brain damage in children.

LET'S GET THEM SCHOOLS REOPENED!!!!

Reactions: cigaretteman
Meanwhile, back in RealityLand, Covid-19 is now being tagged as causing brain damage in children.

LET'S GET THEM SCHOOLS REOPENED!!!!

What sort of threat is the brain damage?

The flu can lead to brain damage.

Encephalitis is a rare condition that occurs when a flu virus enters the brain tissue and causes inflammation of the brain. This can lead to destroyed nerve cells, bleeding in the brain, and brain damage. Symptoms include a severe headache.

What Are the Most Common Complications? They include viral or bacterial pneumonia, dehydration, and ear infections, and sinus infections, especially in children. The flu can worsen long-term medical conditions, like congestive heart failure, asthma, or diabetes. Aug 20, 2019

This year is more like the Hong Kong FLu of 1957

n February 1957, a new influenza A (H2N2) virus emerged in East Asia, triggering a pandemic (“Asian Flu”). This H2N2 virus was comprised of three different genes from an H2N2 virus that originated from an avian influenza A virus, including the H2 hemagglutinin and the N2 neuraminidase genes. It was first reported in Singapore in February 1957, Hong Kong in April 1957, and in coastal cities in the United States in summer 1957. The estimated number of deaths was 1.1 million worldwide and 116,000 in the United States.

The United States Population in 1957 was 170,000,000 or basically half of what it is now.

Encephalitis is a rare condition that occurs when a flu virus enters the brain tissue and causes inflammation of the brain. This can lead to destroyed nerve cells, bleeding in the brain, and brain damage. Symptoms include a severe headache.

Again, take flu, and multiple by 50x to 100x, and you have the risks of Covid.

If flu scares you this much, then you should take at least 50x to 100x more preventive measures for Covid

How about this statement from the article I quoted above:

“The findings led to the pause of some global clinical trials studying hydroxychloroquine so researchers could check for any safety concerns.”

How 'bout 1.5 months later, none of them have considered restarting anything (because they probably reviewed the experiences of OTHER sites which found the same toxicity problems)

How about this statement from the article I quoted above:

“The findings led to the pause of some global clinical trials studying hydroxychloroquine so researchers could check for any safety concerns.”

On 4 June, after critics challenged the data, The Lancet suddenly retracted a paper that had suggested the drug increased the death rate in COVID-19 patients, a finding that had stopped many clinical trials in their tracks. But now three large studies, two in people exposed to the virus and at risk of infection and the other in severely ill patients, show no benefit from the drug. Coming on top of earlier smaller trials with disappointing findings, the new results mean it’s time to move on, some scientists say, and end most of the trials still in progress..

Huh....almost like The Lancet paper really had minimal impact....

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...roxychloroquine-can-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

How 'bout 1.5 months later, none of them have considered restarting anything (because they probably reviewed the experiences of OTHER sites which found the same toxicity problems)

The problem with HDQ isn’t toxicity. It’s been used safely for decades. Don’t argue with me.

It may be it’s not effective though. But to say that the investigations into its efficacy weren’t affected by a now discredited study are laughable.

The fact is that Trump touted this drug and since that time it’s been a full court press to prove he was wrong by attempting to prove the drug doesnt work or isn’t safe.

I personally don’t yet know or even care what comes of this drug but it is a lightning rod to be sure. People should rid themselves of biases and foregone conclusions and wait and see. I have. But that’s my job. Joe on the other hand......

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkland14
The problem with HDQ isn’t toxicity. It’s been used safely for decades. Don’t argue with me.

In different doses. For different conditions.

This completely ignores the fact it may exacerbate some of the symptoms the virus cases, leading to higher rates of toxicity and deaths. Which is basically what most of the studies have indicated (in the populations they studied).

But to say that the investigations into its efficacy weren’t affected by a now discredited study are laughable.

Apparently, the independent studies I linked, which had nothing to do with the Lancet paper, and encountered toxicity/higher deaths rates from the drug (and were likewise cancelled) are like Kryptonite for you.

You really ought to read them, bro. They aren't "political". Your position here is what is political.

Again: if the Lancet paper was the SOLE reason for those studies being cancelled, they'd have restarted by now, nearly 2 months later. Many of them had already observed problems BEFORE that paper came out.

Take off the MAGA glasses and come live in America again!

Apparently, the independent studies I linked, which had nothing to do with the Lancet paper, and encountered toxicity/higher deaths rates from the drug (and were likewise cancelled) are like Kryptonite for you.

You really ought to read them, bro. They aren't "political". Your position here is what is political.

Again: if the Lancet paper was the SOLE reason for those studies being cancelled, they'd have restarted by now, nearly 2 months later. Many of them had already observed problems BEFORE that paper came out.

Take off the MAGA glasses and come live in America again!

I have read them. The vast majority of known cardiac issues with HDQ in COVID-19 are when it is combined with azithromycin or other QT prolonging medications. This doesnt mean studies should stop if the suggested rationale for efficacy is good. Change dose, avoid cardiotoxic combinations, change the timing of the medication start(earlier in the course). I don’t care what ultimately is the verdict but right now there is no reason to stop looking at ANY drug that might help.

This one drug has taken a lot of heat ever since Trump touted it. Fact. That is my point. Was he wrong to tout it early? Yep.

I have read them. The vast majority of known cardiac issues with HDQ in COVID-19 are when it is combined with azithromycin or other QT prolonging medications. This doesnt mean studies should stop if the suggested rationale for efficacy is good.

The suggested rationale for efficacy, is that they identified no efficacy.

Again, dexamethasone is the ONLY drug thus far which has consistently demonstrated efficacy, and minimal, to no, negative side effects.

minimal, to no, negative side effects.

Steroids always have side effects. Risk benefit is the calculus.
Risks include:
difficult to control hyperglycemia which is known to increase Covid risk
muscle weakness
adrenal suppression
gastritis
increase the risks of opportunistic infections(which can lead to sepsis and death)
insomnia
increased appetite
mood alterations

And these risks are increased when steroids are given over the tested 7-10 day course.

So why don't you leave the doctoring to the professionals instead of the LA times and google.

What if Trump started pimping dex? Would you give him kudos?

Gawddamn, we're still on this topic?

Trump is a dumb f***. These laughably desperate and insanely idiotic rationalizations won't change that.

We get it. You and others are voting Trump and won't change your minds. Cool.
Well that pretty much covers it...no point reading any further in this thread.

So why don't you leave the doctoring to the professionals instead of the LA times and google.

"The doctors" are the ones who worked out the benefits of dexamethasone. Not the "LA Times".

They also stopped using HCQ because of the side effects they were seeing.

So, why don't you leave the "doctoring" to the "qualified" physicians making these recommendations, and simply follow them?

Trump is a dumb f***. These laughably desperate and insanely idiotic rationalizations won't change that.

All he did was post an article about a study and you get triggered like a little pussy. You need to grow thicker skin if an article makes you that upset.

It's not a rationalized. It's a peer reviewed test. Unlike the tests that said it was
It's a surprising finding because several other studies have found no benefit from hydroxychloroquine, a drug originally developed to treat and prevent malaria. President Donald Trump touted the drug heavily, but later studies found not only did patients not do better if they got the drug, they were more likely to suffer cardiac side effects.

So who got paid off for this “study”?
The payoff is actually happening on remdesiver. Many MD'S are making money there[its the best science you can buy. Hydroxy on the other hand is very old and I expensive. Now that Trump was proven right no lib has the courage to admit that. Not a good look

"The doctors" are the ones who worked out the benefits of dexamethasone. Not the "LA Times".

They also stopped using HCQ because of the side effects they were seeing.

So, why don't you leave the "doctoring" to the "qualified" physicians making these recommendations, and simply follow them?
I’ll interpret the literature, the expert recommendations and the data and make my own decisions on how and what I do for my I patients. There is a reason it’s called evidenced based medicine not expert based medicine. You probably wouldn’t know this but the history of medicine is full of ‘experts’ that made recommendations that were wrong. So let’s let this all play out. I’ll change my practice as the evidence suggests and not enter into that analysis with preconceptions. But you wouldn’t have to worry about that as you’re just a guy with an IP and a lot of time.

I’ll interpret the literature, the expert recommendations and the data and make my own decisions on how and what I do for my I patients.There is a reason it’s called evidenced based medicine not expert based medicine.

Then you should probably be more "up to speed" on it, in contrast to what you post here.

Because the dexamethasone recommendation was based on "consistent" evidence (the study was even stopped prior to the recruitment planning, because the evidence was so convincing, it was considered "unethical" to deny that treatment to patients in the placebo groups).

The evidence on hydroxychloroquine has been "inconsistent", and in many studies, "problematic". And those are not the retracted studies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT