ADVERTISEMENT

I’d prefer BF to move on, but McNamara…

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
I would assume already knows whether he is or isn’t and is still excited about coming on!

With him and a years worth of improvement from the OL we will already see marked improvement in O performance.

That’s with the status quo…any other adjustment, OL portal, WR/TE portal, some staff moving on (helps fanbase moral as much as anything at least for a year, anyway…😊 ) multiplies potential growth.

I do hope we get a CB and Lber but I’m assuming we will still field an above competent D…

Leadership will be key as well. We will lose some great leaders!

Not to mention what still appears to be the best high school class in the west by a long shot!

Pretty good for a program that has had an up & down season!

I would assume already knows whether he is or isn’t and is still excited about coming on!

With him and a years worth of improvement from the OL we will already see marked improvement in O performance.

That’s with the status quo…any other adjustment, OL portal, WR/TE portal, some staff moving on (helps fanbase moral as much as anything at least for a year, anyway…😊 ) multiplies potential growth.

I do hope we get a CB and Lber but I’m assuming we will still field an above competent D…

Not to mention what still appears to be the best high school class in the west by a long shot!

I sure hope you are right!

K

Why would Brian be at the basketball game if changes were going to take place?
Changes can happen without him getting fired. Changes could also mean he’s getting a new job somewhere else (less likely with the lawsuit). Either way, Cade bought into what KF was selling, so I’m excited to see what it looks like after the bowl game.

Why would Brian be at the basketball game if changes were going to take place?
Season isn't over. Still have the bowl game. Once the season is over KF and GB will do their annual, hyper-objective evaluation and assessment of all aspects of the 2022 team and season and make whatever staffing decisions are necessary and in the best interest of moving the program ahead...

got-it-lucille-bluth.gif

Changes can happen without him getting fired. Changes could also mean he’s getting a new job somewhere else (less likely with the lawsuit). Either way, Cade bought into what KF was selling, so I’m excited to see what it looks like after the bowl game.

This exactly !!

Reactions: cidsports
Oh so you suppose it was because Mason Richman was there, given that Brian will be the OL coach next year.

• Haha
So what part of this is about Brian?

Did I say there would be more about Brian? I’m always keen to improve my rhetoric…?!

I started with I wish BF would move on, but….signaling I was transitioning? Right?!

Where was the indication it was mostly about Brian?

Did I say there would be more about Brian? I’m always keen to improve my rhetoric…?!

I started with I wish BF would move on, but….signaling I was transitioning? Right?!

Where was the indication it was mostly about Brian?
Usually a title gives an identity to the narrative being put forth, but what do I know.

Reactions: CookyMonster
Oh so you suppose it was because Mason Richman was there, given that Brian will be the OL coach next year.
I have no idea what it will be (well, I can make some reasonable guesses)…but Cade McNamara isn’t some 4th rate QB that nobody was going to want. Even Michigan fans who like JJ McCarthy better largely have nothing but glowing reviews for McNamara….so if KF’s selling pitch was “our OL will be a year older, so hopefully the QB doesn’t get crushed quite as often” and “we’ll hopefully move into the top 120 of total offenses”, Cade likely wouldn’t be a Hawkeye.

Considering our past several years of general program growth, I’d say their off season reviews were pretty good with the exception of GROSSLY over evaluating their OL and QB room being able to grow, this year..

I honestly struggle to believe they ever thought Padilla was an answer & Petras could have been better with a better line, but still has flaws. They gambled and failed, they’ve done it before and recovered.

I was pretty down on the program back in 12, 13 and 14 and they proved they could resurrect things… I’m confident they still will.

Our overall recruiting, D in particular 😊has improved a great deal!

This McNamara thing was pretty remarkable to me and signaled KF “sees” something even admitting it was exhilarating and in my option Cades attitude, attributes, moxie is exactly what we need!

Last edited:
I have no idea what it will be (well, I can make some reasonable guesses)…but Cade McNamara isn’t some 4th rate QB that nobody was going to want. Even Michigan fans who like JJ McCarthy better largely have nothing but glowing reviews for McNamara….so if KF’s selling pitch was “our OL will be a year older, so hopefully the QB doesn’t get crushed quite as often” and “we’ll hopefully move into the top 120 of total offenses”, Cade likely wouldn’t be a Hawkeye.
Italics indicate sarcasm. Anything that anyone wants to point toward with regards to what is going on with the current coaching staff is full of shit, there is nothing other than conjecture. The only evidence we have right now, is that Brian was behind Cade at the game.

Reactions: hawkifann
Sure, I agree, does the “but” signify anything?
Not when you place it in the title. That would be like saying the world is running out of oil, but.....So would you add a sentence or two about the current supply of oil?

Not when you place it in the title. That would be like saying the world is running out of oil, but.....So would you add a sentence or two about the current supply of oil?

Actually, no, I’d likely delve immediately into why it’s “still” ok the world is running out of oil….

If I have acknowledged the world is running out of oil, and I’m signifying a but…it would stand to reason to me that I would spend the rest of the time, explaining why it was OK and not to worry?

Nonetheless, I’m not degrading this thread into any other silliness. I’m OK with what I said if you weren’t, that’s fine too!

Reactions: Bishop1971
Actually, no, I’d likely delve immediately into why it’s “still” ok the world is running out of oil….

If I have acknowledged the world is running out of oil, and I’m signifying a but…it would stand to reason to me that I would spend the rest of the time, explaining why it was OK and not to worry?

Nonetheless, I’m not degrading this thread into any other silliness. I’m OK with what I said if you weren’t, that’s fine too!
Lol, this thread is an absolute steaming pile of trash already. There is no factual, statistical, or quantifiable mention of anything yet. Only more posturing about how the offense will be better, Brian might leave, Cade is here...

Season isn't over. Still have the bowl game. Once the season is over KF and GB will do their annual, hyper-objective evaluation and assessment of all aspects of the 2022 team and season and make whatever staffing decisions are necessary and in the best interest of moving the program ahead...

got-it-lucille-bluth.gif
KF and Barta supposedly did this last year. KF stated things would be changed/fixed on the offensive side and you can see what that got us this year. Barta is a Spineless Empty Suit and will do/say whatever KF tells him to. There in lies one of the problems.

Italics indicate sarcasm. Anything that anyone wants to point toward with regards to what is going on with the current coaching staff is full of shit, there is nothing other than conjecture. The only evidence we have right now, is that Brian was behind Cade at the game.

Meh… if you’re saying what will or won’t happen and yes I would have to 1000% agree. In fact, I’m now leading, or rather leaning towards the fact, there aren’t staff changes… With that said, I’m pretty certain the quarterback of our future would surely know something about staff changes and came on board regardless!

KF and Barta supposedly did this last year. KF stated things would be changed/fixed on the offensive side and you can see what that got us this year. Barta is a Spineless Empty Suit and will do/say whatever KF tells him to. There in lies one of the problems.

You’re probably aware pretty much every fan base thinks that about their AD, right?

From my vision I think Jaime Pollard @ Iowa State is a douche bag. But also a hell of an AD, yet you can find a whole shit ton of cyclone fans that would disagree.

OP - this thread sucks

That’s the problem with having a pretty definitive position of “the coaches suck” why would I be concerned that you think this thread sucks…LOL

Your unimaginative and don’t vary from that opinion. Kind of odd you even got into read what I had to say, isn’t it?

Lol, this thread is an absolute steaming pile of trash already. There is no factual, statistical, or quantifiable mention of anything yet. Only more posturing about how the offense will be better, Brian might leave, Cade is here...

Huh… are there forum rules? My goodness most every thread in here is hypotheticals and what if’s & what could Be’, am I missing something here?

I’ll confess, I did have another motivation. I did want to see how quickly you guys would show up and turn nasty. I believe there’s five of you in here right now!

It’s funny really you got in a thread by me all four or five of you clearly don’t like what I have to say so that begs the question why, why? It’s not a good look for you fellas!

I’m sorry I didn’t break off into the Nepotism, Brian sucks, KF sucks, we have the worst program in the world, even though we’ve won a lot more games than most of the other programs in the world but he’ll that doesn’t really matter!

Was that what you wanted? LOL you guys can do that when you get together to pull wings off flies!

Last edited:
That’s the problem with having a pretty definitive position of “the coaches suck” why would I be concerned that you think this thread sucks…LOL

Your unimaginative and don’t vary from that opinion. Kind of odd you even got into read what I had to say, isn’t it?
Not really - I glance through all threads.

Its just my opinion and you don't have to get all butthurt about it. Plus, I'm not the only one who feels this way. So this may serve as a learning opportunity for you before you go and create a new thread

But after following your posts for sometime you are pretty arrogant SOB so I doubt that will happen. Have a good one

Are you trying to convince yourself or the rest of us?

Are you trying to convince yourself or the rest of us?

Well good sure, I’ve got 24 years of mostly good back history to look back over and I would never attempt to change the opinion of the generally negative. It’s not worth it & sometimes painful and those that I was speaking to enjoy positive speculation!

I honestly don’t remember you, so maybe your the top that enjoys negative speculation, so it’s not for you…

The overarching implication is this… A quarterback that everybody is excited about came on board this swamp ass program and it’s really fairly enjoyable seeing them trying to explain why he came without basically saying he’s stupid… Because honestly if KF, BF & the program is as awful as they say then he indeed is pretty dumb… Started laughing there sorry!

So I guess my question to you is why read or respond at all!?

I’ll confess, I did have another motivation. I did want to see how quickly you guys would show up and turn nasty. I believe there’s five of you in here right now!
It would probably help if you quit engaging the board by starting bait threads now that you confessed of posting with alterior motives.

Not really - I glance through all threads.

Its just my opinion and you don't have to get all butthurt about it. Plus, I'm not the only one who feels this way. So this may serve as a learning opportunity for you before you go and create a new thread

But after following your posts for sometime you are pretty arrogant SOB so I doubt that will happen. Have a good one

I’ve explained this before, but I have quite a few fellas in here that I enjoy, and I think more or less enjoy me…

But that’s not really the point. I purposely & with great enjoyment treat you guys with arrogance and condescension. I truly enjoy running you up the flag pole. If you find me butt hurt then honestly I guess I don’t know what to say but it is a goal of mine to make you feel as dumb as possible and the fact that you call me, an Arrogant SOB, suggests that I am indeed accomplishing my goal.

Now full disclosure that’s not a very Spitit filled way for me to act. But over the years I’ve grown so tired of the negative nasty message board fan that I consider it sport to screw with you!

It’s not particularly hard and it’s easy to see when it has had an effect!

Merry Christmas!

It would probably help if you quit engaging the board by starting bait threads now that you confessed of posting with alterior motives.

It’s ulterior, not being a dick, I do like being told what is right and friend, you could label anything on this board positive and these folks would show up… You’re a little bit more even minded, but you like to complain too!

PS… I didn’t start the thread just because of the ulterior motive. I just happened to know they would be there and they are funny to screw with!

Last edited:
I ran into a Michigan alum today at Trader Joe's and chatted about McNamara for a bit. He said he's the real deal and a great leader. He was a little surprised by the interview Cade gave last week but still had nothing bad to say about him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT