ADVERTISEMENT

I’d prefer BF to move on, but McNamara…

I’m sure McNamara already knows what the likely changes are going to be with regard to staff/direction, so if he’s good, then I’m content to let it play out.
So, what would you do if you weren't content to play it out? ;)

That literally made me laugh out loud, that is a worth while question…

There are some seriously funny guys in here. I’ve honestly become too irascible and I need to leave for several months but the information about recruiting & the portal plus the ironic and or funny comments are like cocaine lol.

However, also like cocaine, it makes me less of a human being! And therein lies the dilemma!

Good stuff all the same!

So, what would you do if you weren't content to play it out? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawk_4shur
That literally made me laugh out loud, that is a worth while question…

There are some seriously funny guys in here. I’ve honestly become too irascible and I need to leave for several months but the information about recruiting & the portal plus the ironic and or funny comments are like cocaine lol.

However, also, like cocaine, it makes me less of a human being! And their lies the dilemma!

Good stuff all the same!
Ah, a coke head. It all makes sense now 😉

Ah, a coke head. It all makes sense now 😉

PS… I don’t know if you ever reread my responses to you, but when I was critiquing my own punctuation, I never bothered looking at it for 10 minutes and it said punch😳 instead of punctuation… I love accidental irony

Or lazy might even be a better word for it

BF has to move on, end of negotiation

If you can figure that out, I’m all for it… In fact, it’s better than the alternative, giving them another year and things work out because we have a new quarterback, right?

No amount of money would make a top tier qb go get coached by BF...budmyr WILL be the oc qb coach...I first thought maybe BF would go back to oline but not sure about that anymore. I kind of hope he stays...unless KF has convinced Philbin to come back from Dallas....

How great would that be???????

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
I have no idea what it will be (well, I can make some reasonable guesses)…but Cade McNamara isn’t some 4th rate QB that nobody was going to want. Even Michigan fans who like JJ McCarthy better largely have nothing but glowing reviews for McNamara….so if KF’s selling pitch was “our OL will be a year older, so hopefully the QB doesn’t get crushed quite as often” and “we’ll hopefully move into the top 120 of total offenses”, Cade likely wouldn’t be a Hawkeye.
Maybe the recruiting strategy was “Cade you have been crowned starting QB for Iowa. You can literally have the worst rating in the country and you can still start every game”

Changes can happen without him getting fired. Changes could also mean he’s getting a new job somewhere else (less likely with the lawsuit). Either way, Cade bought into what KF was selling, so I’m excited to see what it looks like after the bowl game.
Most teams announce the changes at end of season so they can potentially pull more recruits/transfers. Not Iowa.

Did they bring in the WR from Alabama? Or was it DJ Uiagalelei, or Spencer Sanders? Devin Leary?

Cade is a good pick up, but not arguably the biggest.
Maybe I’ve missed. Did Uiagalelei land? I’d put McNamara up against the rest. Sounds like Holden from Bama was pretty iffy on grades plus perhaps some other issues.

Well good sure, I’ve got 24 years of mostly good back history to look back over and I would never attempt to change the opinion of the generally negative. It’s not worth it & sometimes painful and those that I was speaking to enjoy positive speculation!

I honestly don’t remember you, so maybe your the top that enjoys negative speculation, so it’s not for you…

The overarching implication is this… A quarterback that everybody is excited about came on board this swamp ass program and it’s really fairly enjoyable seeing them trying to explain why he came without basically saying he’s stupid… Because honestly if KF, BF & the program is as awful as they say then he indeed is pretty dumb… Started laughing there sorry!

So I guess my question to you is why read or respond at all!?
Your longevity on this board doesn't impress me and sure doesn't make you an expert in anything so you can dispense with the condescending tone. Your post was all over the place and really had no intent than to try to convince someone that everything is fine within the program. I simple asked if you were trying to convince yourself or others.

The only portion of the program that is "awful" is the offense. Everybody knows this, as it's been less than stellar the entire time KF has been as Iowa and even worse than that since BF took over. Under KF Iowa ranks right around 80th on offense, which isn't even average. Under BF I believe its in the 100's. Feel free to fact check this. The only good offenses were under KOK in the early 2000's.

As for reading and responding, this is a free board and frankly it appears your posts are intended to get a prescribed response. I didn't feel like playing your childish game so I simply asked a question.

Reactions: obfuscating
Your longevity on this board doesn't impress me and sure doesn't make you an expert in anything so you can dispense with the condescending tone. Your post was all over the place and really had no intent than to try to convince someone that everything is fine within the program. I simple asked if you were trying to convince yourself or others.

The only portion of the program that is "awful" is the offense. Everybody knows this, as it's been less than stellar the entire time KF has been as Iowa and even worse than that since BF took over. Under KF Iowa ranks right around 80th on offense, which isn't even average. Under BF I believe its in the 100's. Feel free to fact check this. The only good offenses were under KOK in the early 2000's.

As for reading and responding, this is a free board and frankly it appears your posts are intended to get a prescribed response. I didn't feel like playing your childish game so I simply asked a question.
But here you are…hmmm

PS….wait, what, my longevity. 😜 I just got this… Holy Snikey’s dude you talk about proving my overarching point of you guys literally having horrific reading comprehension skills. I was talking about KFC’s24 years..

24 years of winning football!

I never have to wait very long for one of you chaps to implicate themselves!

Carry on….

But here you are…hmmm

PS….wait, what, my longevity. 😜 I just got this… Holy Snikey’s dude you talk about proving my overarching point of you guys literally having horrific reading comprehension skills. I was talking about KFC’s24 years..

24 years of winning football!

I never have to wait very long for one of you chaps to implicate themselves!

Carry on….
If they are KF's years then why did you claim them as yours?

"Well good sure, I’ve got 24 years of mostly good back history to look back over and I would never attempt to change the opinion of the generally negative."

Next time you want to invoke history, at least identify whose history you're talking about. And you want to accuse someone of reading comprehension issues? Like I said, your posts are all over the place; but please continue making an ass of yourself.

If they are KF's years then why did you claim them as yours?

"Well good sure, I’ve got 24 years of mostly good back history to look back over and I would never attempt to change the opinion of the generally negative."

Next time you want to invoke history, at least identify whose history you're talking about. And you want to accuse someone of reading comprehension issues? Like I said, your posts are all over the place; but please continue making an ass of yourself.

Well friend, others understood it. I’m sorry you didn’t. I don’t have much more to say. In the context of the post it being May 24 years makes absolute zero cents besides the fact that I didn’t start posting till about 2000ish…

You’ll probably need to go back and look at the post. I responded to.

But I don’t care either way…. If I look back at KFC 20 for your history which the math fits into told it’s been pretty darn good.!

Not really debatable… Hell you Don’t know anything about my past 24 years, shit I don’t remember my past 24 years!

Most fans thought the OL would be a lot better this year but it wasn’t. I’m now in the ‘I’ll believe it when I see it section.”

Most fans thought the OL would be a lot better this year but it wasn’t. I’m now in the ‘I’ll believe it when I see it section.”
KF has a lot of good traits, but rigor mortis in making major decisions is not among them

• Love
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I wish we could get a coach who did most everything that’s right, like Saban, Urbie or Kirby and.:…hmmm, I guess that’s it..

Me too….I’d like one that has won 65% plus of their games over the last 6-7 years and is in the top 20 winning programs over the same time frame!
I'd like one that has an offense that compliments the defense and improves the winning percentage above 65% and ends up in the top 15. But hey,bI have higher goals I guess.

I'd like one that has an offense that compliments the defense and improves the winning percentage above 65% and ends up in the top 15. But hey,bI have higher goals I guess.

I hedged, it’s actually top 15…. Behind a whole bunch of G fives that you know, don’t play a good enough schedule to count, right?

Reactions: obfuscating
A Nick Saban cherry-pick is HUGE problem. The shoulder of blame can only fall on Ferentz and son.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT