ADVERTISEMENT

I’m all for free trade, but this is rather concerning

Who is this joker?
We got ourselves another champion of the Green New Deal!

I swear in a few years the GOP will release a slightly-edited GND doc, like it’ll be “leaked” and suddenly it won’t be about mythical gassy cows and de-winged planes, it’ll be about regrowing the American economy from within, creating a diverse network of thriving cities and towns — diverse amongst themselves in size and scale, diverse within themselves in skill-bases and industries and local and even in some cases hyper-local economies (kinda like we used to have however many years ago now). Suddenly the planes and cows issues that were never there to begin with suddenly they won’t be there at all. And it’ll be cheered and huzzahed and the GOP will be exalted as the saviors they always knew themselves to be.

And @BlackNGoldBleeder will smile inside his absurdly douchey backwards hat.

The end.

And it'll lead to world peace!!!
The trade doesn’t bring conflict.
The politicians do.

France and Germany found and strengthened peace through trade. As have the Americans and the British.

The American embargo on Japan didn’t bring peace. It brought on a grand miscalculation and incalculable human suffering.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

I swear in a few years the GOP will release a slightly-edited GND doc, like it’ll be “leaked” and suddenly it won’t be about mythical gassy cows and de-winged planes, it’ll be about regrowing the American economy from within, creating a diverse network of thriving cities and towns — diverse amongst themselves in size and scale, diverse within themselves in skill-bases and industries and local and even in some cases hyper-local economies (kinda like we used to have however many years ago now). Suddenly the planes and cows issues that were never there to begin with suddenly they won’t be there at all. And it’ll be cheered and huzzahed and the GOP will be exalted as the saviors they always knew themselves to be.

The end.
giphy.gif

The end.
It sounds awesome, but has one major problem. It’s communism. It doesn’t work. It never will.

It sounds awesome, but has one major problem. It’s communism. It doesn’t work. It never will.
You missed the rebranding.
It's 'degrowth' now, and when the results are less than we knew before they remind you of the name and that they meant to do that.

I bet the mf'er still eats ice cream tho.
That shit used to be for kings.

Reactions: NCHawk5
Pretty sure you guys bitched and moaned like little girls when the last guy tried to do something about that.
Pretty sure? No you can be certain.

I love the idea of made in the usa, but I for one said some things will never make sense to make here, and I still believe that.

He’s too far gone. Don’t engage. Enjoys seeing his country suffer. A radical bonehead we should buy a one way ticket to Tehran.

His country definitely is suffering, thanks to Putin’s arrogance. How much is a flight from Moscow to Tehran nowadays?

His country definitely is suffering, thanks to Putin’s arrogance. How much is a flight from Moscow to Tehran nowadays?
Unfortunately the future peasant is still sheltering in the safety of the country he hates. I’m sure a flight to Tehran could be had for a small contribution from everyone on the board.

Reactions: Hawki97
The issues with China relate to the fact that they don’t allow free trade.
The issue with China is that we’re trading with a country that’s 100X more of a threat than the USSR ever dreamed it could be.

Unfortunately the future peasant is still sheltering in the safety of the country he hates. I’m sure a flight to Tehran could be had for a small contribution from everyone on the board.

Is his 30 day free subscription up yet? Let's keep him around until then.

The end.
And then the Dems will get on board and the GOP will sink it.

The real end.

Reactions: Rudolph
The trade doesn’t bring conflict.
The politicians do.

France and Germany found and strengthened peace through trade. As have the Americans and the British.

The American embargo on Japan didn’t bring peace. It brought on a grand miscalculation and incalculable human suffering.
lol. Holy fücking shit this is funny. Access to markets and resources ALWAYS involves conflict. JFC you have your capitalism worship on lock.

lol. Holy fücking shit this is funny. Access to markets and resources ALWAYS involves conflict. JFC you have your capitalism worship on lock.
Indeed I ‘worship’ capitalism over the alternatives.
Capitalism means property rights and free trade, in which people willingly engage to improve their lot.
The alternative to free trade is coercion and plunder.

Create, produce, trade, consume
Or
Coerce, plunder, consume

Which model do you prefer?

Indeed I ‘worship’ capitalism over the alternatives.
Capitalism means property rights and free trade, in which people willingly engage to improve their lot.
The alternative to free trade is coercion and plunder.

Create, produce, trade, consume
Or
Coerce, plunder, consume

Which model do you prefer?
You also worship false dichotomybinaryextremes. Further, you seem intent on worshipping the current expression of this capitalism experiment, despite that there are previous versions/interactions—those that hilariously have been trollishly referred to as “communism”—that demonstrated better functionality for more people.

Why? Why be so stuck in the mud with your thinking? Is considering alternative versions of this thing you worship heresy or some shit like that? Will you be flogged for thinking anew?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT