ADVERTISEMENT

I’m coming through your state in a few weeks

As a native Dubuquer, with a lot on family that was extras in the movie, I am concerned about the huge commercialization plan. It has been a quaint quiet farm field middle of nowhere venue…. I hope that’s not lost. But I think it’s already gone.
It’s not gone. What’s coming will be incredible. People want to get worked up about it, but it will be a great venue.

Reactions: Moral
I think there is a weed dispensary in East Dubuque. I haven't been but let me know how it is if you go there. Might make the Field of Dreams more enjoyable for the family.
It’s in Galena.

If you’re a history buff, the Ulysses S. Grant homestead and museum is over there — 20 minutes or so from Dubuque. Pretty countryside too:

It’s in Galena.

If you’re a history buff, the Ulysses S. Grant homestead and museum is over there — 20 minutes or so from Dubuque. Pretty countryside too:

Galena also has one that looks like it used to be a jewelery store. The one in East Dubuque is right on the WI border basically exactly on the route from Madison to anywhere in eastern or central Iowa. In a little roadside strip mall.

ETA: Who knows what the world is like then, but if I live to retirement age, Galena is not a bad spot.

Not sure how old the kiddos are, but maybe a stop at the Farm Toy Museum in Dyersville?

Eat well in Dubuque, Dyersville doesn’t offer much.

Reactions: runkpanole
Only @WorldSeriesChamps2015 mom gets that loving.

It's good to see you're not disappointing your parents for once!

JK, enjoy your time in this once great state.

I'd eat at The Vault in Dubuque. You could always go Vinny Vanucchi's but I prefer the Vault. Hop over the river to Family Beer for some great prices on all kinds of hooch.

Reactions: runkpanole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT