ADVERTISEMENT

I’m Concerned

As part of the continuing realignment of conferences, I read an article in which the writer talked about schools that could be “removed” from a conference and he threw out Purdue and Indiana as candidates from the Big Ten. Not Nebraska.
His interesting comment: schools are committed to a conference but not the other way around”.

As part of the continuing realignment of conferences, I read an article in which the writer talked about schools that could be “removed” from a conference and he threw out Purdue and Indiana as candidates from the Big Ten. Not Nebraska.
His interesting comment: schools are committed to a conference but not the other way around”.
Yep I would be pretty surprised. But who knows. I know Iowa doesn’t have the TV sets, but pretty much since the 80’s minus the end of the Fry era….we have been around a top 40 program. And basketball has picked way up from Lick Crater. We’re in a really good position for this next era I believe. Just happy Iowa is on the inside looking out. And hoping this means the end of the ISU series

Yep I would be pretty surprised. But who knows. I know Iowa doesn’t have the TV sets, but pretty much since the 80’s minus the end of the Fry era….we have been around a top 40 program. And basketball has picked way up from Lick Crater. We’re in a really good position for this next era I believe. Just happy Iowa is on the inside looking out. And hoping this means the end of the ISU series
Iowa doesn't have many TV sets, but lots and lots of TV's in the country tune in to see the Hawks. I think Iowa does pretty well in ratings.

I feel like the future just arrived. TV ratings will determine everything in sports. I can see TV ratings determining the conference money split.

Colleges and Universities are struggling financially. Kids are struggling to afford college. But soon the Iowa athletic department will have $200 million to spend and it will only go up. What will Iowa do with another $50 or $60 million?

This is just really, really nuts.

Makes you wonder if B1G goes after every large market tv team still available…Washington (Seattle), Miami of FL (Miami), Notre Dame (Chicago and country sad to say), and teams like Oregon and Clemson from a national perspective. It will be interesting to see how these business moves affect the conference.

Oh, and F Purdue, our most hated rival.

Not.gonna happen.

Where did you read such garbage? And why do you read a source that would publish that?

Makes you wonder if B1G goes after every large market tv team still available…Washington (Seattle), Miami of FL (Miami), Notre Dame (Chicago and country sad to say), and teams like Oregon and Clemson from a national perspective. It will be interesting to see how these business moves affect the conference.

Don't forget PHX as well.

Purdue owns us right now. I don't see that changing this year either.
Not just Iowa. I was reading - on one of the B1G boards - that Purdue has the best B1G record (percentage) against OSU this century at 4-7. I have to believe their total of 4 wins is also the most against OSU since 2000 and keep in mind, they don't play OSU every year like Eastern Division teams do. Purdue just has a way of screwing up seasons for opponents

Ditto

Gross place
How much time have you spent in Los Angeles? I lived there for a few years...if you understand the traffic and when to not be in certain places...it's not that difficult. The beauty of LA is that there is something to do every weekend. The arts, sports, several incredible concert venues,, outdoor activities, hiking, road and mountain biking...oh...and the beach. People who bag on LA, most have never lived there...or weren't smart enough to take advantage of what it has to offer.

We can mock hating Purdue, but if you listened to the most recent HR podcast you know there is some legit animosity growing, especially among the coaches. They referred to it on the same level as MSU hate a few years ago and calling 3 to's at Minny hate. Aside from them beating Iowa on the field and poaching our wrs (CJ being very late and after spring practice) there's also been some really negative recruiting. So bad that UW and NW contacted Iowa coaches to inform of the inflammatory name calling. Listen to the pod with Scott Dochterman I believe, it's at the very end.

Is it wrong to question what you wrote and ask the source? Removing 2 of the oldest members of the conference is a pretty radical suggestion.

Not only that but Purdue is literally the the main founding school of the BIG by president James Smart. His main idea

Reactions: BBHawk

Don't forget PHX as well.

Oh, I just love the homeless people banging on my car and spitting in my face and dragging me into their conflicts! Where the Hell are from?

Again, where did you read this article?

We can mock hating Purdue, but if you listened to the most recent HR podcast you know there is some legit animosity growing, especially among the coaches. They referred to it on the same level as MSU hate a few years ago and calling 3 to's at Minny hate. Aside from them beating Iowa on the field and poaching our wrs (CJ being very late and after spring practice) there's also been some really negative recruiting. So bad that UW and NW contacted Iowa coaches to inform of the inflammatory name calling. Listen to the pod with Scott Dochterman I believe, it's at the very end.

Thats why i dont wish charlie jones any luck next year. Fvck that guy.

Iowa is a small market team but a large percentage of that small market actually watches the games. While Iowa games typically don't top the ratings list very often, they aren't at the bottom either. Iowa brings a lot to the conference so nobody will be dropping them if that were to ever happen. And that won't ever happen so it is only in the most hypothetical of hypothetical scenarios where this conversation is even relevant.

Iowa doesn't have many TV sets, but lots and lots of TV's in the country tune in to see the Hawks. I think Iowa does pretty well in ratings.

I feel like the future just arrived. TV ratings will determine everything in sports. I can see TV ratings determining the conference money split.

Colleges and Universities are struggling financially. Kids are struggling to afford college. But soon the Iowa athletic department will have $200 million to spend and it will only go up. What will Iowa do with another $50 or $60 million?

This is just really, really nuts.
They should move the baseball stadium out somewhere else and make that baby minor league style stadium. Opens up area for football related activities there. Then yes I would demo CHA and replace it. It’s an eyesore from outside. Pump more money into wrestling.

They should move the baseball stadium out somewhere else and make that baby minor league style stadium. Opens up area for football related activities there. Then yes I would demo CHA and replace it. It’s an eyesore from outside. Pump more money into wrestling.
Yeah, that's kind of my point. They can now move beyond necessary and "nice" improvements to more lavish improvements. Or, they will have to go lavish to keep pace with the other B1G teams with an extra $50 million to spend every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT