ADVERTISEMENT

I’m embarrassed

Sep 14, 2019
I-O-W-A
To root for this team, this offensive coaching staff, and that pathetic effort on the field.

I’ll never stop loving this team. Nothing will be able to bring that about. But GOD FÛCKING DAMMIT IS IT THAT HARD TO FIELD A GOD DAMN OFFENSE?!?!?!

If Kirk ever gets a statue built, Norm and Phil better get their own as well. I’m so god damn sick and tired of this.

Are you being facetious? They've allowed one TD this year.

And there was referee assistance on that ISU drive.
Honestly, he’s not entirely wrong.

The Iowa defense is good, thanks to Phil, but they are not as elite as people like to think. And I don’t mean that as an insult, because Phil Parker does an amazing job and there is definitely talent on that side of the ball.

With that said, most of the teams Iowa faced last year and so far this season aren’t that great. If you stuck the Iowa defense in the SEC, for example, they’re probably an above average defense statistically.

Are you being facetious? They've allowed one TD this year.

And there was referee assistance on that ISU drive.

Northern is right, The D’s buttholes puckered up when it mattered most. Granted, that bullshit penalty was bullshit but that drive by the Defense was god awful.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
To root for this team, this offensive coaching staff, and that pathetic effort on the field.

I’ll never stop loving this team. Nothing will be able to bring that about. But GOD FÛCKING DAMMIT IS IT THAT HARD TO FIELD A GOD DAMN OFFENSE?!?!?!

If Kirk ever gets a statue built, Norm and Phil better get their own as well. I’m so god damn sick and tired of this.
Seriously, being a fan of a team leads you to being embarrassed?

Are you insane? They held ISU to 10 points. They have given up 13 points in 2 games.

So? That defensive possession was terrible. Fact. They literally choked when it mattered. And ferentz needs canned for continuing this Spencer Petras bullphuckingshit.

I'm not certain on the D. They got rolled on a 99 yard drive when it mattered the most.
Every drive matters the most when you're required to stuff the opposing offense inside their own thirty to have any hope of your counterparts doing anything. With that kind of pressure there's no way to possibly succeed on the field for damn near 40 minutes.

This feels similar to the Hayden Fry team of 1998. Few playmakers and a coach with his better days behind him.
It is worse than 1998 since Kirk is in better health than Hayden was that year, and Kirk’s contract means he never has to make changes.

The end of the Kirk Ferentz era will be much more painful than Hayden in 1997, since it will spread out over multiple seasons of utter incompetence on offense

Yeah d gave up one long drive but this offense is historically bad through 2 weeks, and going back to last year one fricking td pass in 8 games. Way to much to ask d to shut a p5 team out for a whole game be it a long drive or quick score.

Yeah d gave up one long drive but this offense is historically bad through 2 weeks, and going back to last year one fricking td pass in 8 games. Way to much to ask d to shut a p5 team out for a whole game be it a long drive or quick score.

South Dakota State just did it.

Yep….blame the defense that only gave up 10 points despite being on the field for 2/3 of the game.

Bozo.

Herp Derp, Dekkers shit his pants several times in the game. Fact.

Ferentz literally hates Petras for continuing to play him. There is no other explanation to Spencey being out there still. I don’t even care id Padilla or Labas or May blow donkey balls, you cannot keep playing Spencey if you don’t hate the dude.

What sucks is the defense and ST are damn good. Wasting it
Agree but worried Blom might be terrible....although that Ferentz offense is so embarrassingly bad they can't even get him attempts to get any rhythm. It's really hard to process what a complete failure Kirk has been on offense when it's clearly been our biggest weakness for a long time. Just total incompetence, he should be ashamed of himself

What? It was very similar to the Michigan State game.
Lol. No, it’s not. Not even close. For one, Michigan State was a much better team than Iowa State.

Second, the 2015 Iowa offense wasn’t remotely close to as inept as the 2022 Iowa offense, and CJ Beathard is Tom Brady compared to Petras.

Last, Iowa special teams blocked two punts and the Iowa defense forced multiple turnovers. The Iowa offense still couldn’t build an actual lead.

This is 110% on the Iowa offense. JFC.

ADVERTISEMENT