ADVERTISEMENT

I’m really concerned we’re overlooking OSU in preparation for the big showdown with Northwestern boys.

curtisj57

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2008
I’m sure we’ll keep the play calling vanilla and stay with:
Run
Run
Sack
Punt

We don’t want to show anything to Northwestern.
I’m sure if we throw an incomplete pass on first down, we’ll run the ball up the middle for no gain on 2nd down. This has been the strategy all season so let’s not throw any variations in our tendencies for NW to pick up on.
I’m also sure we’ll run the same useless plays that haven’t worked all season hoping by some magic they’ll work on OSU.
I’m certain we’ll throw a 2 yard out on 3rd and long several times Saturday as well. And perhaps we’ll see the patented run to the short side for no gain over and over.

But wait until we play NW! We may actually throw past the sticks on third down. That would confuse everyone and definitely break a tendency! Damn Wildcats will never know what hit them!

Iowa-Northwestern: THE BATTLE FOR THE CELLAR. I won’t be watching because I have better things to do such as lick the septic tank clean, or filet the cat.

Roy (F, U)

Run
Run
Sack
Punt

I’m sure if we throw an incomplete pass on first down, we’ll run the ball up the middle for no gain on 2nd down. This has been the strategy all season so let’s not throw any variations in our tendencies for NW to pick up on.
I’m also sure we’ll run the same useless plays that haven’t worked all season hoping by some magic they’ll work on OSU.
I’m certain we’ll throw a 2 yard out on 3rd and long several times Saturday as well. And perhaps we’ll see the patented run to the short side for no gain over and over.

But wait until we play NW! We may actually throw past the sticks on third down. That would confuse everyone and definitely break a tendency! Damn Wildcats will never know what hit them!

Iowa-Northwestern: THE BATTLE FOR THE CELLAR. I won’t be watching because I have better things to do such as lick the septic tank clean, or filet the cat.

Roy (F, U)
You are very optimistic, usually we go backwards in yardage. 😝

Run
Run
Sack
Punt

Roy (F, U)
39dnud.jpg

Reactions: curtisj57
Run
Run
Sack
Punt

Roy (F, U)
This is all very '60s and '70s. I remember it only too well.

Reactions: curtisj57
Run
Run
Sack
Punt

Roy (F, U)
There is nothing better than taking my morning dump to the latest literary masterpiece from Outrage Roy. As always, thank you for the levity. 😝

Good luck with the septic tank.

Run
Run
Sack
Punt

Roy (F, U)

Don't worry Iowa will prepare EXACTLY how they always do and lose by 50

haha, Patty Fitz doesnt need to scout the hawks because he knows exactly what is coming. Fitz sells out to stop the run and if no run he keeps his guys pressuring the qb. he usually plays his corners tight when playing Iowa to make each pass difficult.

It is why he routinely beats Iowa when he shouldnt. There is a reason his left defensive end was ready to pounce on Ricky Stanzi in the endzone in 2009 and that is because he already had enough defenders close to the LOS to handle the run and the naked bootleg was a staple of our offense so he covered it.

Run
Run
Sack
Punt

Roy (F, U)
I don't think there is anything left to show.

I actually hope that's what we're doing. We lose @ home against NW, and the rails on this season will come off. Win against NW and 7 to 8 wins is still very much on the table, and that's not bad for what many would consider a down year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT