ADVERTISEMENT

I’m starting to loath self checkout

LoL. It took me about twice to figure out exactly how it all works and exactly what to do to make it go smoothly. That was 5 or 6 years ago, and I've never had an issue since.

99% of all problems are user error.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
ALDI is king for me for 95% of what I need for groceries. If you compare their prices to competitors, they sort of do pay you to bag groceries (which has been their model forever). They do have lines sometimes, but the cashiers keep it moving. They rarely ever have to price check anything by physically leaving the register or getting a manager's assistance. They in know how to operate the register and the card machine.
ALDIs is like a race. They scan the stuff so fast you need two people to bag it to keep up. I usually get no more than 10 items at any given time so it isn’t too bad.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Like John Elway to his favorite tight end, I was slinging my products through the self checkout and got a new error about a potential mis-scan. New to me, but it caused the attendant to push a button, really triggered her.

If I have a few items, no alcohol and no gift card, I like it. Sometimes even if I have alcohol I'll see if the attendant is nearby and go for it.

I always do self checkout. I also always bring my own bags which most cashiers hate. I’m very particular about how things get bagged, and it doesn’t matter what order I put my groceries in on the belt, the cashier always screws it up somehow. Now I do it myself and it’s done right. It’s also one of the easiest things ever, some of you are super fvcking lazy! JFC🙄

Reactions: beanerhawk
As an aside, my husband hates when someone with a full cart of groceries uses self-checkout. I'm like, show me a sign that says they can't or hush your pretty little mouth lol

Self check out is the best thing ever. If a store doesn't have self check out I'm not going there. The CVS near my work put one in recently. Just awesome.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Self check out is the best thing ever. If a store doesn't have self check out I'm not going there. The CVS near my work put one in recently. Just awesome.
I’m sure part of the reason I dispose it so much is because I seem to be really bad it at. I wish they had a sign for all the things that require associate assistance, if I’m using SC it’s because I’m in a hurry.

I’m sure part of the reason I dispose it so much is because I seem to be really bad it at. I wish they had a sign for all the things that require associate assistance, if I’m using SC it’s because I’m in a hurry.
We only buy booze at Sam's or Costco for the most part and we stock up the liquor cabinet when we do so it's not a regular thing. So when we're at Hy Vee or Target we never need assistance. I don't remember the last time someone had to help us. It's so much faster and you don't have to deal with someone working at their own pace.

I just want to know who you people are that are buying gift cards? The whole concept is bizarre. "I am going to take money, which I can spend anywhere, and exchange it for a card that can only be spent at one place."

Why?

Where do y'all live that you're never the person stuck in line behind people having self-checkout issues? That's my problem with self-checkout. Not that it's difficult for me personally.

I just want to know who you people are that are buying gift cards? The whole concept is bizarre. "I am going to take money, which I can spend anywhere, and exchange it for a card that can only be spent at one place."

Why?
Good question. I've thought the same. Best I can come up with:

Forces someone to buy a gift for themselves in X domain of stuff instead of buying something not necessarily "fun" (like gas or socks or cottage cheese)

I refuse to use the self checkout unless they give me a discount. If I'm doing the work, pay me.

I was in Fareway right after they installed a couple self checkouts and one of the guys I know that works there was very proud of them. Until I pointed out that if everyone used them, he won't have a job anymore. He didn't think they were so great after that.

Why?
gifts.... for other people. Weddings, birthdays, holidays, OP's mom's payment.

Something always makes me have to wait for attendant.

buying alcohol, need attendant
buying gift card, need attendant
won’t register in bagging area, need attendant

so fūcking annoying, I’m not trained for of this shit
It is a true hardship

Reactions: millah_22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT