ADVERTISEMENT

I’m starting to rethink summer vacation plans

We are flying to Florida in a few weeks because we got a great rate through Allegiant but decided to drive to Texas in July instead.

Even at $4.50/gallon it's only $350 round trip. A single round-trip ticket is $600 from Moline.
So you are flying and also going to Texas? Your post is garbage

I'm using my award miles on Un tied. Then Delta, then American. Flying on crap bidness trips has its benefits. Since covid, very few.

Right now just have a trip to Nashville and then Pigeon Forge after Memorial Day. I need to get out to see my Dad. The extra cost isn't really a factor on vacation plans, more of the lack of free time between now and October.

Have you been there before? We went during covid so we could stay in a cabin away from people and do outdoor activities and we absolutely loved it. Really made me question why we live in Iowa when other parts of the country are so beautiful. Lol.
Yes about 5 years ago. My aunt and uncle retired there so yeah we try to go about every 3 to 5 years.

We like to take two weeks and go to different places. With the costs of hotels, gas and food, I’m beginning to wonder if we should scale down. If gas goes to $5 or more this summer, it will put us a good deal over our initially planned budget. Anyone else altering their plans or way of living?

I know this is HORT and everyone is a billionaire, but damn.

Oh and I know this will turn political with the usual finger pointing of reasons why, but I’ll stick to just asking the question about whether you are altering things.
Quit bitching, you voted for this…

Anyone modifying their plans? We might take the wife's car north versus my SUV this August, but, that's about it.
I haven't heard of anyone cancelling plans. Seems like everyone has a pent up demand to go out and travel this Summer. The neighbors just got back from a 4 day weekend on the Lake of the Ozarks. They spent a lot of time boating, and said the lake was full.
We spent part of the weekend booking a trip to Oregon in October. We didn't scale anything back, but we did pick a high mileage car as a rental for the week.

My kids are 8 and 3. Ain’t much hustling to be done there. The mid year bonus I got last year hasn’t been discussed yet. That happens, we’re gravy.
You are driving 3,000 miles with an 8 and 3 year old????????????????????????????????????????

ADVERTISEMENT