ADVERTISEMENT

I’m super bored so here is what I hope for &…

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
Think could happen next year…

I also want BF to take a different job I’m not mad at him I don’t even think he’s as bad a coach as some think but it’s time, he had his chance.

I do want Kirk to back the hell up on the offense, however I’m not so naïve as to think he isn’t a major, major, major part of the defense, the design and the evaluation of talent!

In fact I personally believe the building of, the application of and the evaluation of talent for the defense is above all priorities for everyone on the team…the whole staff, I really do! Not saying I even agree but it is..

On that note and some thing I’ve been thinking about recently how hard is it… ?$

What have we really done here defensively?

Have we built a system, including evaluation that is above repute… And how many other teams have actually done that with their units, don’t read into what I’m saying, I’m not leading anybody to a point.

But honestly where do we rank as far as winning potential, still apparently relatively high !! We have had such great defenses every year, our own fans predict it will be worse and that hasn’t been the case, so that really is something special

Come this off-season don’t be surprised if an SEC school dips in and offers LaVar Woods 1.5 million to come do “anything“ on their staff but in particular build a special teams unit. I honestly think we, among others, have proved how important it is…especially if you live on the margins!!

It is really hard to believe how bad our offense really has become and I really don’t even know where to go from there…

Because plenty of people on this board that have been in high-end management or around businesses, I think would mostly agree, very rarely do you find an organization that is fantastic in almost everything and absolutely freaking miserable in one and doesn’t actually try to change it! I think plenty are in the latter, but they do TRY to fix it!

Now with that said I’ve worked with plenty of family organizations and there are Blindspot‘s and it is a fist fight, but this offense, this season, wow!!!

No matter what Proctor does this is again, a very good recruiting class, but again very defensively heavy!

I wish I had an answer as to what is wrong with the offense and why it doesn’t seem to be fixable… I really do, but I think it’s important everyone remembers the totality of the team is still important and I don’t know how Saturday will go and I don’t know how the season will end, but once again we were in a position where it was batten down the hatches and we did respond!

Purdue and Wisconsin have both been a huge nemesis to us!

99% of every team in the country loses games every season that are extremely baffling… I still believe that our direction is correct!

That is, and a “few” of my alliance’s on this board may not agree but, I do say Brian needs to go somewhere else and I honestly think he wants to!

Our direction seems to still be fine, but we are about 6 clicks off! Ghost has mentioned it a number of times, our offense is an extension of our defense and you may hate that philosophy, but right now our offense is murdering our defense!

I completely disagree with wanting Brian Ferentz gone... the next guy might not be as good.. and the offensive line is just young... but they are fighting their asses off to get better.
think about this..

KOK = the negterds hated him
Greg Davis = the negterds hated him
Brian Ferentz = the negterds hate him
the next guy = the negterds will hate him too.

guaranteed.

the offense is not a problem... we are on our way to the Championship Game for the 2nd year in a row.
when a team is dominating like Iowa has been for the last 4 years... its better to trust the coaches who got us here.. then to mix things up for the sake of mixing things up.

Nebraska should have taught you that.

I completely disagree with wanting Brian Ferentz gone... the next guy might not be as good.. and the offensive line is just young... but they are fighting their asses off to get better.
think about this..

guaranteed.

the offense is not a problem... we are on our way to the Championship Game for the 2nd year in a row.
when a team is dominating like Iowa has been for the last 4 years... its better to trust the coaches who got us here.. then to mix things up for the sake of mixing things up.

Dumb post, really dumb

think about this..

guaranteed.

You’re saying no one can produce a better offense than last in the nation? We have nowhere to go but up

You’re saying no one can produce a better offense than last in the nation? We have nowhere to go but up
yea... I'm saying we have won by 2 scores or more the past 3 weeks.
the offense is doing a great job.

there is no need to run up the stats... when you are up 2 scores..
Iowa has always had the philosophy of ball control and field position once they get a lead like this.

I do not comprehend this idea that winning by 2 scores is not enough.
its insanity.

think about this..

guaranteed.

If you don’t think the offense is a problem, you’re lying, joking, or a dumbfvck

think about this..

guaranteed.

GD was worse than KOK and BF somehow has managed to produce an offense even more incompetent than GD. So if Iowa brings in someone even worse than BF then yeah fans won't like him either. If the offense is not the problem explain the 4 losses to me? 2 of them the D gave up 9 and 10 points and another they only managed a fg with the D getting the td vs OSU. But yeah an offense that has produced only 15 tds in 10 games isn't the problem....

Iowa has always had the philosophy of ball control and field position once they get a lead like this.

its insanity.

If this isn't sarcasm you have to be high on something

its insanity.
Lmao dude you need to see who is scoring these points because it’s not the offense

Reactions: InsaneHawk
I completely disagree with wanting Brian Ferentz gone... the next guy might not be as good..
I want what you are smoking. Must be some really good stuff. NEWS FLASH - Iowa is at the bottom of the barrel ofensively. There is nowhere down to go. Only one direction possible.

Think could happen next year…

I also want BF to take a different job I’m not mad at him I don’t even think he’s as bad a coach as some think but it’s time, he had his chance.

I do want Kirk to back the hell up on the offense, however I’m not so naïve as to think he isn’t a major, major, major part of the defense, the design and the evaluation of talent!

In fact I personally believe the building of, the application of and the evaluation of talent for the defense is above all priorities for everyone on the team…the whole staff, I really do! Not saying I even agree but it is..

On that note and some thing I’ve been thinking about recently how hard is it… ?$

What have we really done here defensively?

Have we built a system, including evaluation that is above repute… And how many other teams have actually done that with their units, don’t read into what I’m saying, I’m not leading anybody to a point.

But honestly where do we rank as far as winning potential, still apparently relatively high !! We have had such great defenses every year, our own fans predict it will be worse and that hasn’t been the case, so that really is something special

Come this off-season don’t be surprised if an SEC school dips in and offers LaVar Woods 1.5 million to come do “anything“ on their staff but in particular build a special teams unit. I honestly think we, among others, have proved how important it is…especially if you live on the margins!!

It is really hard to believe how bad our offense really has become and I really don’t even know where to go from there…

Because plenty of people on this board that have been in high-end management or around businesses, I think would mostly agree, very rarely do you find an organization that is fantastic in almost everything and absolutely freaking miserable in one and doesn’t actually try to change it! I think plenty are in the latter, but they do TRY to fix it!

Now with that said I’ve worked with plenty of family organizations and there are Blindspot‘s and it is a fist fight, but this offense, this season, wow!!!

No matter what Proctor does this is again, a very good recruiting class, but again very defensively heavy!

I wish I had an answer as to what is wrong with the offense and why it doesn’t seem to be fixable… I really do, but I think it’s important everyone remembers the totality of the team is still important and I don’t know how Saturday will go and I don’t know how the season will end, but once again we were in a position where it was batten down the hatches and we did respond!

Purdue and Wisconsin have both been a huge nemesis to us!

99% of every team in the country loses games every season that are extremely baffling… I still believe that our direction is correct!

That is, and a “few” of my alliance’s on this board may not agree but, I do say Brian needs to go somewhere else and I honestly think he wants to!

Our direction seems to still be fine, but we are about 6 clicks off! Ghost has mentioned it a number of times, our offense is an extension of our defense and you may hate that philosophy, but right now our offense is murdering our defense!
Agree for the most part cm. I do think it's likely that BF moves on, just to re-start his career. His path to take over for KF is a non-starter for several reasons. It's my opinion, not fact, that he would have left after last season if not for the lawsuit that is still out there. That needs to be resolved before any changes can occur. People might not like that, but it's the way it is. Doyle has been unhireable just for resigning and not admitting to any wrongdoing. BF will not be hired by a NFL team as a position coach or at another college team with that lawsuit still out there. Not happening.

I'm not a FB coach, but have watched enough football that watching the Iowa offense is painful. It shouldn't be that hard to move the ball and play with more competence. My gut tells me it isn't just the players, and it isn't just the scheme. And it isn't just the coaching. It's all of the above.

Agree for the most part cm. I do think it's likely that BF moves on, just to re-start his career. His path to take over for KF is a non-starter for several reasons. It's my opinion, not fact, that he would have left after last season if not for the lawsuit that is still out there. That needs to be resolved before any changes can occur. People might not like that, but it's the way it is. Doyle has been unhireable just for resigning and not admitting to any wrongdoing. BF will not be hired by a NFL team as a position coach or at another college team with that lawsuit still out there. Not happening.

I'm not a FB coach, but have watched enough football that watching the Iowa offense is painful. It shouldn't be that hard to move the ball and play with more competence. My gut tells me it isn't just the players, and it isn't just the scheme. And it isn't just the coaching. It's all of the above.
The way this OL was constructed on purpose or by injury with all mostly younger guys is definitely different this time around. I know I catch myself doing it but thinking come on why can't these guys get better faster. Then I remember how hard it was to keep up with school when I went and had the equivalent of a full time job.

Two solid experienced Offensive Tackles and the majority of our offensive woes this year go away with better protection for SP (in the 70% completion ratio when not under pressure) and more consistent Run Blocking too. I imagine KJ would have gained a boatload more yards rushing too. No National focus on nepotism on Brian, no villainization of Iowa from the National media. Just Iowa winning 10 games, going to Indy, with excellent Defense, special teams and smart complimentary Football leading the way. As it is, we may still go to Indy with 3 losses in the conference. It's just crazy what has happened this year.

Reactions: desihawk

Agreed on all accounts! You are especially right about the BF thing, that likely is a hurdle!

There are plenty of good views in this thread that I don’t disagree with. But here is my feelings. I don’t think there is as much gotcha going on as there is just frustration.

We are ALL frustrated by the offense, but many of us are realists. When we get a new OC, we will at best likely end up with a KOK (also disliked) and that is a best case scenario.

If we get a whole new staff, Phil Parker isn’t staying on and now we’ve got a whole new team dynamic and I don’t care what you guys think about our schedule or the big 10 W. It is always tougher than that “group of fans“ cares to pretend…

So going backwards is way more likely than going forwards. And if a person really is a student of the game, you all know it’s true!

So as long as everyone agrees with that, then let’s blow it all up now! Might be nice to go 5-7, 6-6 for 5,6 years in a row. We’d have a lot better perspective for sure.

And again the historical facts, show our record over the last 5 plus years is stellar, it is much, much, much more likely to go backwards after we blow it up.

I know there’s a whole bunch of detractors that are prepared to rush in and give me anecdotal thoughts on this… But the Truth is, finding examples of where it got better from where we are at with a new coach is literally the definition of cherry picking.

Again don’t care about the “weak West”, there are six teams ahead of us in the winning percentage over the last five years that are group of five teams & Kentucky a team that many like to lift up in comparison to us has played much more poorer schedules. So really playing in the Big Ten West isn’t different than playing in lots of conferences!

Despite the critics!!

My guess is we will settle in with an “ok” defense an “ok” offense, win a few less games and still lose headscratchers like pretty much ever other team!

Until the staff starts recruiting better at OL, WR, QB, and RB this offense will always be at the bottom of all the statistical catagories. If there is even the slightest drop off on the defensive side of the ball, you'll be looking at 4-8 instead of 8-4.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Until the staff starts recruiting better at OL, WR, QB, and RB this offense will always be at the bottom of all the statistical catagories. If there is even the slightest drop off on the defensive side of the ball, you'll be looking at 4-8 instead of 8-4.
By most recruiting metrics, Iowa has recruited better at those positions than they have for quite some time.

WR - Johnson was a 4-star I believe. Bruce was 4-star (Rivals). Brecht a 3. Vines was 3. Issue is volume and getting guys to stick around and develop.
RB - K. Johnson was a 4-star I believe. Jayzuin Patterson was high 3, good offers. L. Williams and G. Williams not as highly recruited but L. Williams especially is a capable Big 10 back.
QB - again, Iowa is recruiting better here than they have historically. Petras, Deuce Hogan and Carson May were all 4 star by Rivals out of HS. Padilla was a 3-star with an offer from Georgia.
OL - Colby, Beau Stephens, Davidkov, all 4-stars. Myslinski is 3-star but was a Texas commit I believe.

The 2 most glaring ones are the OL and QB, in my opinion. Lots of attrition from OL classes from 2018-2020 biting Iowa now. Britt's injuries and Ince opting to graduate/move on rather than another year also a factor. Bad OL + immobile QB + WR corps that is thin to begin with and then injured and attrition (Jones) and you get a nasty soup of a non-functioning offense.

OL - Injury and departures...change in OL coaches? Loss of weight coach? The OL Coaching Resumes appear solid. Not sure what happened here.

By most recruiting metrics, Iowa has recruited better at those positions than they have for quite some time.

WR - Johnson was a 4-star I believe. Bruce was 4-star (Rivals). Brecht a 3. Vines was 3. Issue is volume and getting guys to stick around and develop.
RB - K. Johnson was a 4-star I believe. Jayzuin Patterson was high 3, good offers. L. Williams and G. Williams not as highly recruited but L. Williams especially is a capable Big 10 back.
QB - again, Iowa is recruiting better here than they have historically. Petras, Deuce Hogan and Carson May were all 4 star by Rivals out of HS. Padilla was a 3-star with an offer from Georgia.
OL - Colby, Beau Stephens, Davidkov, all 4-stars. Myslinski is 3-star but was a Texas commit I believe.

The 2 most glaring ones are the OL and QB, in my opinion. Lots of attrition from OL classes from 2018-2020 biting Iowa now. Britt's injuries and Ince opting to graduate/move on rather than another year also a factor. Bad OL + immobile QB + WR corps that is thin to begin with and then injured and attrition (Jones) and you get a nasty soup of a non-functioning offense.
As we all know, recruiting is hit and miss regardless of stars. I will say the RB's do seem to be okay but WR, OL, and QB seem to have a bunch more "misses" than they do "hits".

Reactions: cmhawks99
think about this..

guaranteed.

I didn't know Mrs Ferentz posted on this board. Last offense in the nation and yo don't think that is a problem? The offense cost this team every loss and had little to do with wins other than give the dee a brief rest,run clock and take advantage of the great field position the dee gave it to kick fgs.

I think you have to make an OC move even though I don't think BF is their number one issue. Best case would be for them to hire a proven OC and lock KF in his office far away from it.

I think you have to make an OC move even though I don't think BF is their number one issue. Best case would be for them to hire a proven OC and lock KF in his office far away from it.
Kirk needed to let Brian do his own offense and not constrain him. Its been Kirk's offense since 1999.

Reactions: hexumhawk
Whatever the offense can or can not be is irrelevant when the coaches insist on sending the same inept QB out to play. The O-Line was historically bad yet the coaches did move people around; they tried different combos; rotated the kids that were available. At QB? nope. SP had 35 games to show what he can do and he was an amazing statistical anomaly - he can not make the plays. He misses waaaay too many throws- and he has zero pocket awareness and extremely limited athleticism.
This is what is infuriating as a fan. How can any head coach not try out the other QBs on the roster? Anyone could see AP getting better and getting more comfortable. WHo knows what could have been had he been allowed to really get into the QB role - ESPECIALLY- wiht how porous the O-Line is.

Now the Iowa team is almost dead last in the country in offense. The Offensive skill players are looking at the prospects of little changing, a big gaping portal in front of them, and no QB on the horizon with any real experience.

To me this is the crap that has to change. Find a QB that can hit 65% of the passes and someone with a shred of athleticism, an ability to look past his first receiver option, and an ability to run --- who knows what BF's offense looks like.

think about this..

guaranteed.

Lolololololol

Thanks for the laugh man. I mean...Brian

We need to hope the Patriots are eliminated from playoff contention over the next 3 weeks so BF can get an opportunity he can't pass up...

Yes I know it's wishful thinking but what is this thread for?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT