ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve been in Wyoming for a while…

Hawki97

HR Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
…from bigger cities like Cheyenne and Laramie to tiny towns and even individual family ranches. Had a lot of opportunity to talk to a wide range of people both in sober and not-so-sober environments.

Wow. Trumpism is in full effect here. Lots of low class trashy overt shit like the flags, signs, shirts, hats, etc., everywhere of course - but plenty of pretty crazy conversations bordering on Alex Jones / Infowars lunacy. Mix in some serious nationalism framed as “supporting the veterans,” some 1950’s style toxic masculinity, and full on racism that slips from the lips as easy as their favorite tune once the alcohol flowing - and you’ve got one hell of an interesting place. It’s easy to think that people like our resident right wing loons don’t really exist and are just playing it up for HORT, but holy shit they’re out there and they’re well represented in Wyoming.

A couple side notes.

1) Wyoming continues to be one of the most beautiful states in this amazing county. Stunning scenery.

2) History buffs and gun nutters should really visit the National Museum of Military Vehicles just south of Dubois, WY. The rifle shot by John Simpson at Bunker Hill is there along with enough other guns to give even the most hardcore trigger happy patriot a cold steel boner. Joking aside, it’s a really well done museum with a lot of great exhibits.

Last edited:
Because no matter what you and other Rs say, you have not moved past him.

That’s the thing that catches me off guard actually being around these folks. I think there’s this segment of GOPers that many of us live around that have moved on and really do want Trumpism to go away. I’m out of my bubble right now though, and people here still LOVE Trump. It’s not a made up thing.

That’s the thing that catches me off guard actually being around these folks. I think there’s this segment of GOPers that many of us live around that have moved on and really do want Trumpism to go away. I’m out of my bubble right now though, and people here still LOVE Trump. It’s not a made up thing.
You're probably also FAR LESS likely to be a victim of carjackings, Fast Food shootouts, robbery, murder, kidnapping, etc. Liberal Shithole Daily activities in other words.

Bet that really sucks.

You're probably also FAR LESS likely to be a victim of carjackings, Fast Food shootouts, robbery, murder, kidnapping, etc. Liberal Shithole Daily activities in other words.

Bet that really sucks.
So you're saying you're far less likely to experience crime in a place with few people than in a bigger city like Memphis, Tulsa or Birmingham? (The First 48 locations). That's probably a mind blowing revelation for someone who seems to get dumber and more despicable by the day. Good work there

Humans are awful all over

I have an aunt and cousins who live in Wyoming. They know their votes count for absolutely nothing but they love living there in spite of that.

Reactions: goldmom
Wyoming is amazing country, I agree.
Stop talking politics and just enjoy the scenery.
It is not always that simple. On our last cruise, we got seated for dinner one night with several people including a single guy. He started talking politics and I asked him nicely to stop. Several minutes later, he starts again. I told him that if he didn't stop, he would need to go sit somewhere else. He did not say anything else, but it put a damper on the dinner. The other people at the table appreciated that I asked him to stop the political discussion.

Reactions: fezzador
Wyoming is amazing country, I agree.
Stop talking politics and just enjoy the scenery.

I just got done with a 6 day self supported climb in the Winds to the summit of the high point in Wyoming - Gannett Peak. I’m doing fine on scenery!

The interesting thing is I’m not initiating any political conversations, instead it’s integrated into just being here. There’s the shirts and flags and shit, but that’s whatever. A good example of what I’m talking about is the rodeo I went to. Really a fun night - but the announcer couldn’t help but injecting Trumpism into his comments at every turn. Multiple Brandon comments, no joke there was a bull called Donald J Trump and when the cowboy got bucked off he said he got Pelosi’d, etc. and the crowd just yucked it up. Sure, a rodeo is hickville but it’s just an example. It’s pervasive all over and you certainly don’t have to initiate it or look hard for it. It’s kind of how GOPers don’t like gay rubbed in their face uninitiated. I’d prefer the same with Trumpy stuff.

Won’t stop me from enjoying this absolutely beautiful state though!

Nothing against the folks in Wyoming but politically they're definitely off the rails. Come Tuesday they're going to throw Liz Cheney out of office in favor of Trump nut-job and election denier Harriet Hageman. One can disagree policy-wise with Liz Cheney but no one in their right mind cannot be impressed with her "country over party" mantra even though it's effectively ending her political career.

Reactions: BelemNole
Nothing against the folks in Wyoming but politically they're definitely off the rails. Come Tuesday they're going to throw Liz Cheney out of office in favor of Trump nut-job and election denier Harriet Hageman. One can disagree policy-wise with Liz Cheney but no one in their right mind cannot be impressed with her "country over party" mantra even though it's effectively ending her political career.

The Hageman signs clearly outnumber the Cheney signs, that’s for sure. Every other side-by-side rolling through towns have FJB and LGB flags as well, so I’m guessing who they’re voting for! Actually saw a large confederate flag on the back of a pickup rolling through downtown Dubois (pop. 1,000) - pretty far North for a southerner to be lost!

Reactions: Moral
So you're saying you're far less likely to experience crime in a place with few people than in a bigger city like Memphis, Tulsa or Birmingham? (The First 48 locations). That's probably a mind blowing revelation for someone who seems to get dumber and more despicable by the day. Good work there

Humans are awful all over
I'm stating it's a hell of a lot safer anywhere where Liberals aren't. The fact that it's over your head is not news to anyone dipshit.

Every possible metric you can think of clearly shows that, unless you're an idiot Liberal with their head firmly entrenched in their ass and figures if they never see the light of day maybe their Utopia is real. (Hint: It ain't - LOL!)

I'm stating it's a hell of a lot safer anywhere where Liberals aren't. The fact that it's over your head is not news to anyone dipshit.

Every possible metric you can think of clearly shows that, unless you're an idiot Liberal with their head firmly entrenched in their ass and figures if they never see the light of day maybe their Utopia is real. (Hint: It ain't - LOL!)
Can anyone understand this post?
Strange, post is strange.

Red states generally have higher murder rates. The Western Red States are just really spread out. Wyoming has a low murder rate, but a horrific traffic mortality rate.

I really like the people I’ve met in and from Wyoming. It’s beautiful country, but look at the traffic accidents that occur between Cheyenne and Casper. If you aren’t nervous driving that stretch of 25, you should be.

I’m not scared of anywhere regardless of metrics. Sorry you are bud.

Red states generally have higher murder rates. The Western Red States are just really spread out. Wyoming has a low murder rate, but a horrific traffic mortality rate.

I really like the people I’ve met in and from Wyoming. It’s beautiful country, but look at the traffic accidents that occur between Cheyenne and Casper. If you aren’t nervous driving that stretch of 25, you should be.
Oh don’t stop him now, old shit for brains is on a roll and no facts are going to stop him.

Reactions: darylhawk
…from bigger cities like Cheyenne and Laramie to tiny towns and even individual family ranches. Had a lot of opportunity to talk to a wide range of people both in sober and not-so-sober environments.

Wow. Trumpism is in full effect here. Lots of low class trashy overt shit like the flags, signs, shirts, hats, etc., everywhere of course - but plenty of pretty crazy conversations bordering on Alex Jones / Infowars lunacy. Mix in some serious nationalism framed as “supporting the veterans,” some 1950’s style toxic masculinity, and full on racism that slips from the lips as easy as their favorite tune once the alcohol flowing - and you’ve got one hell of an interesting place. It’s easy to think that people like our resident right wing loons don’t really exist and are just playing it up for HORT, but holy shit they’re out there and they’re well represented in Wyoming.

A couple side notes.

1) Wyoming continues to be one of the most beautiful states in this amazing county. Stunning scenery.

2) History buffs and gun nutters should really visit the National Museum of Military Vehicles just south of Dubois, WY. The rifle shot by John Simpson at Bunker Hill is there along with enough other guns to give even the most hardcore trigger happy patriot a cold steel boner. Joking aside, it’s a really well done museum with a lot of great exhibits.

I absolutely LOVE Wyoming. I’m seriously thinking about buying a third home there to go with my first in Florida and second in North Carolina. If I was convinced I could rent it out for a decent price when I wasn’t there, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I absolutely LOVE Wyoming. I’m seriously thinking about buying a third home there to go with my first in Florida and second in North Carolina. If I was convinced I could rent it out for a decent price when I wasn’t there, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Found you a bargain...

If you’re a rock climber, ice climber, back country skier, or alpine climber…it’s heaven.

Found you a bargain...

I can’t even imagine what I would need to charge to break even.

Found you a bargain...
Thought about that place but all those aspens will need to be removed in a few years. Don’t want to have to shell out the tree removal cost so soon after moving in, so I passed.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
I can’t even imagine what I would need to charge to break even.
If you have to rent it out then you can’t afford it.
I read recently that the millionaires who have flocked to Jackson are now being priced out by the billionaires.
Rough times ahead for the little guys.

Gun Deaths per Capita by State​

The following ten states have the highest gun deaths per capita (per 100,000): Alaska (24.4), Mississippi (24.2), Wyoming (22.3), New Mexico (22.3), Alabama (22.2), Louisiana (22.1), Missouri (20.6), South Carolina (19.9), Arkansas (19.3), and Montana (19.3). The states with the highest gun deaths per capita have some of the country's highest gun ownership rates. Montana has the highest with 66.3%, followed by Wyoming with 66.2%, and Alaska with 64.5%.

Conversely, the states with the lowest gun deaths per capita are Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, and Rhode Island, all of which have fewer than five gun deaths per 100,000 people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT