ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve been in Wyoming for a while…

Gun Deaths per Capita by State​

The following ten states have the highest gun deaths per capita (per 100,000): Alaska (24.4), Mississippi (24.2), Wyoming (22.3), New Mexico (22.3), Alabama (22.2), Louisiana (22.1), Missouri (20.6), South Carolina (19.9), Arkansas (19.3), and Montana (19.3). The states with the highest gun deaths per capita have some of the country's highest gun ownership rates. Montana has the highest with 66.3%, followed by Wyoming with 66.2%, and Alaska with 64.5%.

Conversely, the states with the lowest gun deaths per capita are Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, and Rhode Island, all of which have fewer than five gun deaths per 100,000 people.
Never let facts get in the way of a good MAGA rant. They have been living in an alternative fact universe for years.

giphy.gif

Reactions: RileyHawk
I absolutely LOVE Wyoming. I’m seriously thinking about buying a third home there to go with my first in Florida and second in North Carolina. If I was convinced I could rent it out for a decent price when I wasn’t there, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Where at? I was though the Dubois area and saw they had some decent land prices. Only 45min to Teton National Park.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
You’re in Wyoming and still immersed in politics. Let it go for awhile!

You need to read the thread. Post #20 in particular. Plus, I’m damn good at doing multiple things at once.

Where at? I was though the Dubois area and saw they had some decent land prices. Only 45min to Teton National Park.

I would definitely need to talk to a real estate agent to make sure it’s a property I could rent out and recoup my mortgage or at least most of it. In talking to my wife, I think the end goal is to have a house in Wyoming, Montana or the rugged parts of Idaho and live there for two months in either early spring or late fall and then rent it out during the “prime season” to make our money back.

Without doing research in that regard, I’m really tempted by the area between Yellowstone and Cody or something in the Southeastern corner in that greater Laramie/Cheyenne area as it’s relatively near to Denver.

Reactions: Colonoscopy
I would definitely need to talk to a real estate agent to make sure it’s a property I could rent out and recoup my mortgage or at least most of it. In talking to my wife, I think the end goal is to have a house in Wyoming, Montana or the rugged parts of Idaho and live there for two months in either early spring or late fall and then rent it out during the “prime season” to make our money back.

Without doing research in that regard, I’m really tempted by the area between Yellowstone and Cody or something in the Southeastern corner in that greater Laramie/Cheyenne area as it’s relatively near to Denver.
Yeah, I've been looking that way too. Fall is so far my favorite time to be up there. Went at the end of sept into oct last year; really beautiful when the fall colors kick in, especially Tetons.

Another area I'm enamored with is SW Colorado. Easy access to Utah/AZ/NM and then you have the San Juan Mountains; Telluride, Ouray, etc. Plus Colorado wine-country is at your backdoor a bit north near Grand Junction. Just spent a week out in that area, pretty awesome confluence of natural wonders.

(plus, it's straight south of Yellowstone/Tetons, so just an 8hr drive north through beautiful country to get up there)

Last edited:
Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT