ADVERTISEMENT

i-74 bridge controversy

The view sucks. One thing for sure, etching the design into the glass did not help. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be forced to have all the windows in their house etched so you can’t see shit.

I too wish the swirls weren't on it but what did they think would happen with thousands walking and biking over it?

I too wish the swirls weren't on it but what did they think would happen with thousands walking and biking over it?
I have seen things on YouTube with plexiglass bridges that look amazing. Perhaps this is YouTube hype but the bridge glass isn’t even clear. It’s etched and tinted from what I can tell.

100% fail and it surprises me getting the details correct on this was not possible in advance.

I wanted it to be a lift down to the river that you could fish from. Pretty disappointed that it isn’t.

Reactions: QChawks
I have seen things on YouTube with plexiglass bridges that look amazing. Perhaps this is YouTube hype but the bridge glass isn’t even clear. It’s etched and tinted from what I can tell.

100% fail and it surprises me getting the details correct on this was not possible in advance.
It was never intended to be clear. If you want to see the River, you can look over the edge, lol. There’s a lot of River to see.

It was never intended to be clear. If you want to see the River, you can look over the edge, lol. There’s a lot of River to see.
What was the point of it?

let’s spend extra money on something that draws attention to itself yet does nothing to appease any of the senses?

tiled mosaics by artists would have been more interesting if glass purposely designed to not be transparent was the idea.

Last edited:
What was the point of it?

let’s spend extra money on something that draws attention to itself yet does nothing to appease any of the senses?

tiled mosaics by artists would have been more interesting if glass purposely designed to not be transparent was the idea.
It's part of an entire overlook with several design elements and several plinths. It is more along the lines of a stained glass piece, it was never intended to be translucent like a window.

The idiot was complaining because it had dead mayflies on it. Literally nothing you can do about that at certain periods of the year along the Mississippi River.

untitled-fb-2_xl.jpg

img_3744__002__xl.jpg

img_3645_xl.jpg

untitled-fb-1_9a19_xl.jpg

It's part of an entire overlook with several design elements and several plinths. It is more along the lines of a stained glass piece, it was never intended to be translucent like a window.

The idiot was complaining because it had dead mayflies on it. Literally nothing you can do about that at certain periods of the year along the Mississippi River.

untitled-fb-2_xl.jpg

img_3744__002__xl.jpg

img_3645_xl.jpg

untitled-fb-1_9a19_xl.jpg
I know nobody that has stopped there that didn’t leave disappointed. Multiple group bike rides over that with pedestrians also in are and everybody shared same thought.

nothing to do with bugs.

I will say it 100 times better from the bottom. Boaters see the best of it.

I know nobody that has stopped there that didn’t leave disappointed. Multiple group bike rides over that with pedestrians also in are and everybody shared same thought.

nothing to do with bugs.

I will say it 100 times better from the bottom. Boaters see the best of it.
You are so full of shit. I have heard exactly one person bitch --- and they cried to Barb Ickes about it.

Lame.

ADVERTISEMENT