ADVERTISEMENT

I am absolutely a huge fan of Caitlin Clark

May 10, 2002
She put on a clinic for Rhyne Howard..who is supposedly the best player in the SEC...hogwash...

I hope it comes down to Iowa and my Carolina Lady Gamecocks in the final...

Beat UCONN!!!! I think Clark is a much better player than Bueckers....I hope Clark puts on a clinic for Bueckers as well!!!!!

Go Gamecocks, Go Hawkeyes!!!!!

I'm afraid size matters and U CONN has two or three big's in the middle. Clark will probably get her twenty but all those 5 star athletes will pound our normal 3 stars to death. See Maryland.....
Hopefully not, as I enjoy the games but just saying..Somehow if we could land a really good transfer forward we could really be GREAT next year..

Reactions: oldhawk56
I'm afraid size matters and U CONN has two or three big's in the middle. Clark will probably get her twenty but all those 5 star athletes will pound our normal 3 stars to death. See Maryland.....
Hopefully not, as I enjoy the games but just saying..Somehow if we could land a really good transfer forward we could really be GREAT next year..
Last time I checked, 3's are worth more than 2's. We've got some shooters, so we've got a chance!!

Dan Patrick Show just opened up with him and one of his guys Paulie talking about her. Of course mentioned the matchup up with UConn and Bueckers but lot of praise for Clark and speaks volumes he opens his national syndicated show talking about them for a few minutes before moving onto the NBA. They spoke about her briefly yesterday as Paulie's daughter is a fan of her and mentioned how they'd like to watch her in person sometime and DP said thanks to them he tuned in to watch her dominate performance yesterday.

The only time we go to Marlins games is when the Cardinals are in town. Or when someone "special" is in town. Someone my kids can say "I saw him play". CC is one of those people. So much so I will make a trip back home just to see her play within the next 3 years. If she plays anywhere in the state of Florida I will travel there as well. She, and her teammates, are fun to watch.

Interesting to see that Bueckers for UConn played 38 out of 40 minutes last night despite them blowing out Syracuse by almost 40 and she averaged over 36 min per game during the season.... do you think UConn wants / wanted her to win Freshman of the Year and get more attention than Clark?? That plus ESPN being in their backyard helps! Don't they have another 5 or 4 star point guard??

That's kind of the big problem with women's bb. There aren't as many super tall women to go round, so the teams that get them tend to feast.

Bingo thats the unfortunate thing about the Women's game compared to the Men's. Duke in Men's can pull in a bunch of future NBA lottery picks every year but it can be neutralized in several ways in Men's Basketball. In Women's a tall highly skilled player is rare. When 3-4 teams can start 2-3 and pull another couple from the bench it creates a huge talent disparity.

IF... big IF... Iowa plays like it did against Kentucky then anything is possible... Iowa was nailing its 3s... good support from others... Clark was her usual Spencer Lee self ... and the defense was there...

Kudos to Bluder for getting this team to the Sweet 16 ... Nice accomplishment .... with a very young team ...

Did you see the Arkansas-UCONN game? Arkansas has very little height in the middle...and Arky's girls shot lights out on the 3's and WON!!! Iowa can win this game....Clark is the talk on other rivals forums...I still hope she puts on a clinic for all america to see.

Did you see the Arkansas-UCONN game? Arkansas has very little height in the middle...and Arky's girls shot lights out on the 3's and WON!!! Iowa can win this game....Clark is the talk on other rivals forums...I still hope she puts on a clinic for all america to see.

I hope Caitlin and the whole team put on an unbelievable clinic. UConn is very athletic so I hope we can keep up with them. Even though you're a Gamecock fan thanks for supporting the hawks! I'll support your gamecocks until they meet Maryland then I gotta root for the fellow Big Ten school.

I am so afraid that this will be a beat-down of embarrassing proportions. We have 1 player that could make their team. Normally, we have an advantage at PG vs other teams we play. We may not even have the best PG on the floor. The other UConn players are all 4 & 5 star players. No to mention that they are taller.
We turn it over too much to stay with UConn. My guess is that as the game starts to get away from us, Clark tries to do too much and her turnovers start to pile up.

Glass half-empty take, I realize, but that is the way I see it.

IF... big IF... Iowa plays like it did against Kentucky then anything is possible... Iowa was nailing its 3s... good support from others... Clark was her usual Spencer Lee self ... and the defense was there...

Kudos to Bluder for getting this team to the Sweet 16 ... Nice accomplishment .... with a very young team ...
True but Kentucky shot 22% in the 1st half against Iowa. UConn won't.

I am so afraid that this will be a beat-down of embarrassing proportions. We have 1 player that could make their team. Normally, we have an advantage at PG vs other teams we play. We may not even have the best PG on the floor. The other UConn players are all 4 & 5 star players. No to mention that they are taller.
We turn it over too much to stay with UConn. My guess is that as the game starts to get away from us, Clark tries to do too much and her turnovers start to pile up.

Glass half-empty take, I realize, but that is the way I see it.
Well, we are going against the one and only UConn so I wouldn't say it's a complete embarrassment because they are known to destroy pretty much all of their opponents. I predict it'll just be like the Maryland game but with a larger deficit.

Extremely tough region for Lady Hawks....if by some chance they do upset UCONN....Baylor most likely awaits.

Go Hawks!

Bluder is a hell of a coach.

I wouldn't worry about the next opponent, Iowa has 1-5 star recruit, UCONN has a barrel full on them, if Iowa wins it will be an epic upset.
It never fails, it doesn't matter if it's the men's team or the ladies team, when it comes to the NCAA tournaments, Iowa always gets the shaft when it comes to seedings. Never fails....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT