ADVERTISEMENT

I am guessing Brandon Smith will do well at Iowa's Pro Day (there is no NFL Combine this Year)

EvvsPwnUUAI0929

To be successful at the next level you can't take any plays off, especially when you are trying to land a spot in the NFL.
None of what you posted is true. Not sure what your hard on for the guy is. Best blocking receiver we had as well. Way underutilized, especially looking at these measurables. He’s killing it.

Reactions: ichawk24
I'm happy for Smith ... hopefully he can land somewhere ... and find a role like Dominique Dafney.

He's a team guy ... so he'll likely happily do special teams ... he's a good blocker ... and he's definitely a jump-ball target. I wish him the best of luck.

Reactions: hawkosx
I'm happy for Smith ... hopefully he can land somewhere ... and find a role like Dominique Dafney.

He's a team guy ... so he'll likely happily do special teams ... he's a good blocker ... and he's definitely a jump-ball target. I wish him the best of luck.
Not to mention that he has huge, soft hands. He catches almost anything thrown his way.

I think B Smith's best games are ahead of him.

Really impressive numbers he put up. I'm still worried about his killer instinct. Hope he proves that I shouldn't have been worried.

If someone has time, it seems to me that he had a bunch of contested jump ball catches in his career. A couple of 1-handed catches in the end zone, too. That would be a great post to watch. The catch above, for a TD vs Penn St was probably the most remembered, but he had quite a few, IIRC.

Is he our best measurables receiver since Kasper?
Brandon wasn't even the best receiver on his team. His measurables include his 40 times, the single most important metric for an NFL WR. Hope he makes a squad but Brandon is slower than tight ends in the NFL. He can jump great but he drops passes and has a pretty limited route package. That 4.48 is BS's fastest number and that doesn't even put him in the top 100 in speed.

Are you forgetting Ed Hinkle, DJK, Mad Dog Marvin, as just four vastly superior receivers that jump to mind without even thinking about it.

A real smart NFL coach might look at him as a safety. That very topic was on SIRIUS NFL yesterday. Not BS himself but the ability to switch guys a little to slow for wide receiver into safeties was something they attributed to smart guys in the NFL. Just maybe.

Yeah ... if Brandon and Ihmir can do SOMETHING in the NFL, then that can help Coach Copeland when coaching the guys in his room. Having a little extra "proof in the pudding" can help with his recruiting sales-pitch too.
If he needs something from Brandon for the players to buy in, then we're in trouble.

Can't recruiting though!! Assuming we have a QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT