ADVERTISEMENT

I am looking for a hand crank ice cream maker,

billanole

HR Legend
Mar 5, 2005
but they seem to out of stock. Heading out to the local hardware store in a few minutes to see what they have. I was gonna get the traditional 6 quart model, but have gotten curious about smaller ones to use for just wifey and me.
Making scream at our grandparent‘s place with a ton of cousins around was always a blast. Grandaddy would drive over to the Candor, NC area in the Sandhills area to get white meated cling free peaches. They are fairly small, but pack a lot of flavor per bite, and the ice cream they create is heavenly.
Here is a quick google list.

Anybody have one they really like to use? How about some recipes?

but they seem to out of stock. Heading out to the local hardware store in a few minutes to see what they have. I was gonna get the traditional 6 quart model, but have gotten curious about smaller ones to use for just wifey and me.
Making scream at our grandparent‘s place with a ton of cousins around was always a blast. Grandaddy would drive over to the Candor, NC area in the Sandhills area to get white meated cling free peaches. They are fairly small, but pack a lot of flavor per bite, and the ice cream they create is heavenly.
Here is a quick google list.

Anybody have one they really like to use? How about some recipes?

White Mountain always made good ones IIRC.
That was in the "old days"; no clue if the quality is still as good as it used to be.

I'd see if you can find someone selling a good used one on NextDoor or Ebay.
They can be hard to find.

EDIT: I had an uncle who ran a dairy in the IC area back in the day. Guernsey milk and cream made the BEST ice cream. They always used White Mountain freezers; those things got a major workout, because they made ice cream all the time. Only model they'd buy.

Reactions: billanole
White Mountain always made good ones IIRC.
That was in the "old days"; no clue if the quality is still as good as it used to be.

I'd see if you can find someone selling a good used one on NextDoor or Ebay.
They can be hard to find.

EDIT: I had an uncle who ran a dairy in the IC area back in the day. Guernsey milk and cream made the BEST ice cream. They always used White Mountain freezers; those things got a major workout, because they made ice cream all the time. Only model they'd buy.
The new model of this is $199 at our local hardware. I am gonna look around. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT