ADVERTISEMENT

I Am Officially Sick and Tired…

278588557_846456312961860_4825960003090015644_n.jpg

Is it really that unseasonable temp wise? I usually put my garden in around Mother’s Day. It’s pretty common most years to have to worry about freezing temps.

It is pretty nice in the QC at 60 degrees. I washed my car about it.

Of all the phuquing wind and cool unseasonable temps! It affects my desire to play golf! I’m retired! I’m a Democrat! I need some goddamned fun in my life! Gimme a break…. and some warmer less windy weather! This is my official “venting” thread!
Told you it is not global warming but global high winds now

Is it really that unseasonable temp wise? I usually put my garden in around Mother’s Day. It’s pretty common most years to have to worry about freezing temps.
It’s windier/cooler than I cN remember...we haven’t popped 80F one day yet! And I understand Iowa is WINDY in the Spring, but this year it is asinine! Cannot remember a Spring where we have had soooo many 30-50 mph winds all day long! The wind and cooler temps are a horrible combination!

Of all the phuquing wind and cool unseasonable temps! It affects my desire to play golf! I’m retired! I’m a Democrat! I need some goddamned fun in my life! Gimme a break…. and some warmer less windy weather! This is my official “venting” thread!
That’s what planes are for.

Reactions: sob5
Being sick and tired comes with the territory when you’re old as shit like the OP. He’s the Joe Biden of HORT, old and doesn’t make sense most of the time

Last edited:
The thing is we have had so very few decent days. Every spring has some crap days but in Iowa you usually get a few in the 70’s to get out and enjoy it.

this year has been damn few of them. I would guess YTD we have had the fewest days where the high temperature eclipsed 60 and 70 degrees.

The thing is we have had so very few decent days. Every spring has some crap days but in Iowa you usually get a few in the 70’s to get out and enjoy it.

this year has been damn few of them. I would guess YTD we have had the fewest days where the high temperature eclipsed 60 and 70 degrees.
fewest day what? Compared to last year? Past decade? Past 100 years?

It's 85 degrees here, sunny, with no wind and I have to wait a few weeks to use my pool since it was just re-surfaced. FML!

Growing up in Iowa in the 60's and 70's, everyone always talked about how much they loved spring. All I remember is that you might get a nice day here and there as a "tease", but generally it was cold and damp. And you could almost guarantee that at some point in April it would snow - like nature was letting us know it could F with us whenever it wanted.

April was incredibly average.
Complaints when its too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, too normal....people just like to complain

Hardly. The average April temp was 5.6 degrees below average both day and night. If it was that much above normal @Joes Place would be predicting the end of times, just say'n...

It's been a miserable spring. Youth baseball and softball have started and I about froze to death in Osky this weekend. Tough to get in practices and games when it is 45 degrees with 25mph winds.

Today, as I stood on the 4th tee, coming off a smooth "snow man" the hole before, I was thinking perhaps the weather is my offspring.......as in 42F, cloudy, drizzly overcast conditions, OBVIOUSLY it doesn't pay any attention to my rantings, either! DAMMIT to hell.........this weather is an phuquin' abortion!
The weather forecasters are all suffering from "Covid syndrome"....the only thing they can say is "it should be better in another week!".

Today, as I stood on the 4th tee, coming off a smooth "snow man" the hole before, I was thinking perhaps the weather is my offspring.......as in 42F, cloudy, drizzly overcast conditions, OBVIOUSLY it doesn't pay any attention to my rantings, either! DAMMIT to hell.........this weather is an phuquin' abortion!
The weather forecasters are all suffering from "Covid syndrome"....the only thing they can say is "it should be better in another week!".
Where did you play?

On a golf course!
Well thats a good start. I have played Blank (early) and it was still hard as a rock. My home course (5x80) is starting to look really good with this recent rain. What course did you play and what shape was it in with this latest rain?

Well thats a good start. I have played Blank (early) and it was still hard as a rock. My home course (5x80) is starting to look really good with this recent rain. What course did you play and what shape was it in with this latest rain?
They are all about 2-3 weeks behind. Shitty weather...and did you know that DSM was over an inch of rain deficient in the month of April? Grass isn't growing worth a shit......greens are hard as rocks and bumpier than a gravel road foe the most part...

They are all about 2-3 weeks behind. Shitty weather...and did you know that DSM was over an inch of rain deficient in the month of April? Grass isn't growing worth a shit......greens are hard as rocks and bumpier than a gravel road foe the most part...
Agreed. This cold weather takes some serious yardage off your distance as well. I wasn't really trying to dive deep into it just wondering how whatever course you played looked. If you are not comfortable discussing it thats cool. Hope you enjoyed the round.

I seem to recall the NWS predicted this until mid May. Looks like they got that one spot on correct.

We did have one day (a week ago Saturday?) that got up to 80, but that's been it.

I seem to recall the NWS predicted this until mid May. Looks like they got that one spot on correct.

We did have one day (a week ago Saturday?) that got up to 80, but that's been it.
Did you enjoy that one day of Spring, 2022 bag? I did...I even had a cold beer outside afterwards! I fear what's going to happen is that come the middle of May it'll get hot as hell.

Did you enjoy that one day of Spring, 2022 bag? I did...I even had a cold beer outside afterwards! I fear what's going to happen is that come the middle of May it'll get hot as hell.

Not really, no, because I worked that day.

I have disliked this spring too. For some reason my allergies have gone completely haywire this spring. I'm assuming it's because of the temps not getting warm enough - combined with the near daily rain - to dry things out at all.

From mid April until now...worst spring allergies I've had my entire life.

If you were a Republican would the wind and cool unseasonable temps be okay? Do Republicans not golf? Just trying to understand the relevance to your gripe.

I guess I can give it a shot.

I woke up in the middle of the night and stubbed my phuquing toe on the coffee table leg! I'm an Republican Independent! I need to be able to walk through my living room unharmed! Gimme a break.

idk-sassy.gif

EDIT: I had to change that...made me feel queasy.

@jamesvanderwulf uh-oh, hes here...and looks like hes reading things out of context again. Have fun 😁
Haha. Yeah, I called you out for underestimating how actually below average April temps were and @Joes Place rode in on his coal fired, soot covered white stallion to point out that I was somehow equating that a cold April in Iowa was indicative of the world at large. Of course that's not what I wrote...

Haha. Yeah, I called you out for underestimating how actually below average April temps were and @Joes Place rode in on his coal fired, soot covered white stallion to point out that I was somehow equating that a cold April in Iowa was indicative of the world at large. Of course that's not what I wrote...
Seeing how @Joes Place creatively misinterprets statements is one of the few reasons I lurk around here. Even when its at my expense, like this one.

• Haha
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Global warming. IK, IK. Hehe.

I'm so sick of this weather and I'm not one of those guys. My son's golf season has been terrible and has had more meets canceled then played it seems. I've only golfed once this year when usually I would have 20-30 rounds in already. Plus mushroom hunting is way behind.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
ADVERTISEMENT