ADVERTISEMENT

I believe the final drive was due primarily to Barion Brown’s “thuggery” all game. Refs missed the headbut early in the game.

curtisj57

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2008
He got a personal foul in the second half which should have been his second and ejected. Brown was ineffective and suffocated by the Iowa D. He was hoping for a big show in front of his home city, but was rendered irrelevant. UK had several players chirping all game. I’m glad we took it to them. I wish we would have scored on that last drive.

Can't stand how the SEC gets away with the thug life BS. Brown should have been ejected. Seems like a lot of the players just arent mentored to play hard and keep your mouth shut.

Yeah I don't know how the refs missed or let that shove and then headbutt go. Too bad jack Campbell didn't get a chance to pummel that little sob

• Love
Reactions: Bishop1971
I think everyone is reading into that last “long” offensive drive too much. The game was an exhibition that we had locked up by that point. We had gone conservative earlier to ensure the win. When the clock got low we opened up the playbook a bit to see what we actually had on offense. That’s why the other freshman running back was in and why Joey was attempting throws he hadn’t through the rest of the game. An interception or fumble could have cost us a shutout but that’s about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT