ADVERTISEMENT

I bet Marc Morehouse is feeling smart ...

ghostOfHomer777

HB Heisman
May 20, 2014
2-minute drill by Marc Morehouse

If you click on the link, you'll read that he picked BOTH the match-ups correctly AND he picked an Iowa victory by 3 points.

Given Pitt's lack of depth at WR, I assumed that Iowa's secondary would be able to keep the Pitt passing O in check. I was wrong ... and Marc was correct.

Yeah -- our offense and special teams pretty much spotted Pitt 2 TD's. Thought the D played a good game, especially considering that Ott hardly played and wasn't close to 100% when he did.

The D tackled well all night long. Don't remember too many yards after contact or missed tackles. They got outside a few times but that's going to happen. They had a 2009 feel to it. When they got to you, you go down.

Watching it live it felt like Pitt was really moving the ball. But then you look at the linescore and we had more passing yards, more rushing yards, the leading individual rusher, fewer turnovers, better third down conversion rate, still haven't given up a rushing TD on the season......basically won most of the key statistical battles. And yet, we still required a cruise missile field goal from Coral Ridge Mall to win in the end.

This may well turn out to be a very good and entertaining team/season.....but if you have a heart condition you may want to consider doing something else on Saturdays this fall.

Had the same impression, dawg and Doodle.

I think this Pitt team is going to be very tough this year and that this win is going to look very good by the end of the year. And ISU was 6 inches on a FG away from winning at Toledo, who won at Arkansas. No, the transitive property doesn't necessarily prove anything, but I think ISU's performance last night does show that last week's win at Trice was a quality one. Heck, any win over ISU is a quality win IMO, given our recent history in that series.

Biggest problem for the D was the complete absence of any pressure on the pitt QB. He had all day to throw all game long. The only time they got to him was that sack on the last pitt drive to force the 4th and 14 play. No secondary can hold up to that much time to throw.

Reactions: oldhawk56
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT