ADVERTISEMENT

I can't wait until I'm 83!

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
And can just say whatever the hell I want whenever with no real consequences --- must be liberating! 😂

SPORTS

Twins Announcer Jim Kaat Calls Yankees Pitcher A 'Molester' In On-Air Gaffe​

The 83-year-old Hall of Famer "meant no ill will," the team said, but did speak to him about the matter.
AP
AP logo

Jun. 3, 2022, 08:41 AM EDT

Minnesota Twins broadcaster Jim Kaat referred to New York Yankees left-hander Nestor Cortes as “Nestor the Molester” during a broadcast Thursday, the second offensive remark in the past year by the 83-year-old Hall of Fame pitcher while calling a game. (Watch the video below.)

As Minnesota’s Chris Archer struck out Detroit star Miguel Cabrera, Kaat began to explain that Cortes had become one of his favorite pitchers during a breakout season with New York.
“‘Nestor the Molester,’ Nestor Cortes,” Kaat said. “Angles and different speeds. He’s a pitcher.”

Twins vice president of communications and content Dustin Morse spoke with Kaat after the broadcast about the comment.

“Obviously, we take these matters seriously and like in all cases will handle this internally and privately,” Morse said.

Kaat planned to contact Cortes directly and speak with the pitcher about the situation.

“Jim meant no ill will,” Morse said.

After the Yankees swept a day-night doubleheader from the Los Angeles Angels, Cortes said he had heard about Kaat’s comment.

“I’m sure, you know, he didn’t really mean it, and people make mistakes, but it didn’t offend me at all,” Cortes told The Associated Press.
“So, you know, I don’t really have anything more than just that, honestly,” he said.

BFD

that guy is killing it tonight

he is the man

he really butchered that

What a stud

lord I am triggered. Let’s all shit our pants together put on our masks and Shelter in place until we die.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
So the guy he said it about was not offended. Let's move on.
Agreed. Saw this story on Facebook and read some of the comments for amusement. Plenty of "tsk tsk'ers" reacting in horror, etc, to the comment.

Unreal how big of babies some people have become. This is a media fueled clickbait if ever there was one. Giant nothing burger. Anyone offended by this needs to get a life.

Kaat got into a little hot water in October for another remark. I'm a fan of his, but I think you need to chalk it up to a generational thing.

• Haha
Reactions: MitchLL and torbee
Nestor Cortes has a record of 5 wins and 1 loss this
season with an ERA of 1.50. He is actually the Yankees
best pitcher so far this season. If he can take Yanks to
the World Series, then he could be the Cy Young winner.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Nestor Cortes has a record of 5 wins and 1 loss this
season with an ERA of 1.50. He is actually the Yankees
best pitcher so far this season. If he can take Yanks to
the World Series, then he could be the Cy Young winner
and first child molester to win that award in the history
of Major League Baseball.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
And can just say whatever the hell I want whenever with no real consequences --- must be liberating! 😂

SPORTS

Twins Announcer Jim Kaat Calls Yankees Pitcher A 'Molester' In On-Air Gaffe​

The 83-year-old Hall of Famer "meant no ill will," the team said, but did speak to him about the matter.
AP
AP logo

Jun. 3, 2022, 08:41 AM EDT

Minnesota Twins broadcaster Jim Kaat referred to New York Yankees left-hander Nestor Cortes as “Nestor the Molester” during a broadcast Thursday, the second offensive remark in the past year by the 83-year-old Hall of Fame pitcher while calling a game. (Watch the video below.)

As Minnesota’s Chris Archer struck out Detroit star Miguel Cabrera, Kaat began to explain that Cortes had become one of his favorite pitchers during a breakout season with New York.
“‘Nestor the Molester,’ Nestor Cortes,” Kaat said. “Angles and different speeds. He’s a pitcher.”

Twins vice president of communications and content Dustin Morse spoke with Kaat after the broadcast about the comment.

“Obviously, we take these matters seriously and like in all cases will handle this internally and privately,” Morse said.

Kaat planned to contact Cortes directly and speak with the pitcher about the situation.

“Jim meant no ill will,” Morse said.

After the Yankees swept a day-night doubleheader from the Los Angeles Angels, Cortes said he had heard about Kaat’s comment.

“I’m sure, you know, he didn’t really mean it, and people make mistakes, but it didn’t offend me at all,” Cortes told The Associated Press.
“So, you know, I don’t really have anything more than just that, honestly,” he said.
Honestly, can't believe you spent the energy to be outraged by this. I guess calling him "nasty" is just good clean fun

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
Jim Kaat is 83?! Holy shit, I can remember when he was still playing.
If my memory is intact...didn't an announcer call him "Kitty Kaat"? If so, this all makes sense now.

Kaat is now, at age 83, lashing out at other ballplayers with wild, hurtful, retaliatory name calling because...the repressed pain he felt from being compared to a feline has finally come to the surface.

How would you, as a ballplayer, like it if someone made up a hurtful name about you?

/sarc.

Reactions: torbee and TJ8869
I doubt Kaat meant anything negative, but social awareness and being 83 shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

Still funny, tho.

The hard part is getting to 83. The other two are pretty easy.

If I can make it to 54, I'll make it to 83. Everyone on my dad's side of the family has either died before their 54th birthday or made it to 85. The only exceptions are those that are currently alive and not yet 85.

And yes, that goes back at least 4 generations. Not a single person died between 54 and 85. I'm 53...just have to survive the next 8 1/2 months.

If I can make it to 54, I'll make it to 83. Everyone on my dad's side of the family has either died before their 54th birthday or made it to 85. The only exceptions are those that are currently alive and not yet 85.

And yes, that goes back at least 4 generations. Not a single person died between 54 and 85. I'm 53...just have to survive the next 8 1/2 months.

I'm rooting for you, Sarge!

Reactions: lucas80

Well now you Jinxed it!

ADVERTISEMENT