ADVERTISEMENT

I confess…..

Not shocked. I've been saying all along there was no way KF would give his kid the boot. Looks like all the Ferentz family ball washers get to revel in more mediocrity.
A month ago you tell me he’s coming back I’m more shocked. But as the days and weeks dragged on it become more evident that Kirk was again going to put the Ferentz family before the Iowa program again for another season.

No changes to the staff. Added a stud TE and good QB, but both are coming off very serious injuries. Added two OL and one WR via the portal. How on earth does anyone believe what is essentially the same unit will show any noticeable improvement, especially considering how poorly coached they’ve been the past two seasons?

No changes to the staff. Added a stud TE and good QB, but both are coming off very serious injuries. Added two OL and one WR via the portal. How on earth does anyone believe what is essentially the same unit will show any noticeable improvement, especially considering how poorly coached they’ve been the past two seasons?
I guess it’s “Cade and Pray.” But if Cade changes the offense, which I’m hoping he does, it just shows how woefully inadequate we’ve been evaluating, recruiting, and grading the quarterback spot.

no , not shocked at all!!

it says a lot about the consistency and how he stays strong and committed. just like when he stays with a QB forever

• Haha
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
if you can’t get fired for being last in the nation, then you’re pretty much untouchable
you guys are forgetting the goal here is to only hit 7 wins each year. that's it. kf hit that this year with a crappy offense. he wins that way. brian wins. game over. my guess is with macnamara they might hit 9 or ten next year , that's a win. a bigger win. brian stays.

This is just a terrible look. It is like Kirk is the owner GM of an NFL team rather than a head coach of a public university.

If professors did as bad a job as Brian F did they would be removed.
absolutely not- the prefessors do a horrible job of telling the truth, instead they teach pure fantasy and mumbo jumbo. and they stay. BF hits 7 wins consistently, he stays.

Not shocked. I've been saying all along there was no way KF would give his kid the boot. Looks like all the Ferentz family ball washers get to revel in more mediocrity.
And all the haters get to revel in continued snark against them. Oh joy, joy, happy, happy.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Kirk Ferentz: “I anticipate no changes in our staff moving forward. I think we do have a terrific staff.”

Translation, for those of you who don't speak "Ferentz" or are more about visual communication:

R.02f096bb1e7e575283ec5b04214e2698

It’s the national audience’s fault that they don’t remember Brian’s first four years.

I’m shocked, literally shocked! Nothing more to say….
Me as well. I figured no way the body of work and the fielding of one of the worst offenses in modern football … would lead to no changes. Hawk forever and Kirk is a class act … however: this decision to keep Brian does change my view of Kirk. Inexcusable decision.

Yeah, I thought that is what would happen but…I’m feeling very lukewarm on renewing season tickets…only hesitation is I like my seats…and kind of want to keep them for whenever Ferentz Family Football Co. decides they’re done with us.

It’s pretty apparent that there is ZERO accountability. All of us fans should get shirts that say something to the effect of “Iowa Football- Ferentz Family owned & Operated”

Maybe we’ll end up with a little 2015 magic in the 2023 season! The general mood of the fan base felt very similar after the 2014 season. Can lightning strike twice!? 🤞🤞
With the schedule, the nation would rightfully claim we are the fake ID of college football….AGAIN.

Reactions: QChawks
With the schedule, the nation would rightfully claim we are the fake ID of college football….AGAIN.
Yep...right now, the only likely loss is @PSU.

Every other game looks winnable if things go right.

Looking for any positive spin on this. Do you think it was Kirk holding BF back all this time, he now realizes it, and has made a decision to step aside and let junior run the O? I cannot think of any other reason to not make a change.

No accountability. None.

I love Kirk, but this has caused me to lose a lot of respect for him.
I commend you for hanging on as long as you did. I’ve been done with Grandpa Kirk and Tommy Boy since 2018. Since then things have gone from bad to a total joke. I will still root for my Hawkeyes, but this program is going nowhere fast. Not surprising when the HC doesn’t give 2 sh*ts about winning more than 7 games a year.

Me as well. I figured no way the body of work and the fielding of one of the worst offenses in modern football … would lead to no changes. Hawk forever and Kirk is a class act … however: this decision to keep Brian does change my view of Kirk. Inexcusable decision.
There’s nothing “class” about this decision. There was nothing “class” about violating the nepotism ban in the first place. And there was nothing “class” about dreaming up this he will answer to Barta crap to cover his ass. I don’t want to hear about what a class act KF is anymore.

There’s nothing “class” about this decision. There was nothing “class” about violating the nepotism ban in the first place. And there was nothing “class” about dreaming up this he will answer to Barta crap to cover his ass. I don’t want to hear about what a class act KF is anymore.
Lots of other examples to add to this list but Amen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT