ADVERTISEMENT

I get the feeling I’m about to fight with the airline

Booked first class. Original flight delayed due to mechanical issues. Connecting flight will likely be missed. No first class seats open later today. I feel like I should be compensated for sitting with commoners. Should be fun. CSB from somewhere about 20,000 feet in the sky.
What airline?

Booked first class. Original flight delayed due to mechanical issues. Connecting flight will likely be missed. No first class seats open later today. I feel like I should be compensated for sitting with commoners. Should be fun. CSB from somewhere about 20,000 feet in the sky.
Not a poor but I've never sprung for anything other than the cheapest seats. The only time I regretted that was flying to Hawaii. I was extremely envious of the people that could lay down in their cubby holes. Otherwise, I can meditate, listen to music, and do Sudoku for up to 4 hours no problem in my tightly confined space.

Unless you have a decent status you’re screwed.
If you have status do a online complaint and they might throw some credit$$ or miles your way.

If you paid a first class fare you should probably get the difference refunded. Other than that I’m not sure what you would be entitled to.

ive-been-wearing-the-same-underwear-since-tuesday-neal-page.gif

The thread I started a few weeks ago about the changes Pete Buttigieg is pushing for will make flying a lot more interesting. Customers will have more rights and protections, but the airlines will find other ways to treat us like cattle.

Not a poor but I've never sprung for anything other than the cheapest seats. The only time I regretted that was flying to Hawaii. I was extremely envious of the people that could lay down in their cubby holes. Otherwise, I can meditate, listen to music, and do Sudoku for up to 4 hours no problem in my tightly confined space.
I’ve spent 8 hrs on a C-130 a couple times so coach doesn’t bother me much…that and I’m a cheap bastard.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I’ve spent 8 hrs on a C-130 a couple times so coach doesn’t bother me much…that and I’m a cheap bastard.
14 hours on a C-141 sitting in hanger seats. Or however long it was from Hawaii to South Korea. Although I was young then. I reserve the right to bitch about economy seats. ;)

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
14 hours on a C-141 sitting in hanger seats. Or however long it was from Hawaii to South Korea. Although I was young then. I reserve the right to bitch about economy seats. ;)
Well…you’re one up on me then. That’s a pretty horrendous scenario..14 hrs? Good lord.

All I know is any flight on a C-130 seemed like a death march 😂

Well…you’re one up on me then. That’s a pretty horrendous scenario..14 hrs? Good lord.

All I know is any flight on a C-130 seemed like a death march 😂
I’ve never been on a C-130 but I’m assuming from what I’ve seen in movies that when y’all got to your destination everyone jumped out the back with an elephant and a rare sports car.

I’ve never been on a C-130 but I’m assuming from what I’ve seen in movies that when y’all got to your destination everyone jumped out the back with an elephant and a rare sports car.
I wish. The thing about the C-130 is depending on where you sat it was either hot or cold as F. Seemed like turbulence effected it more and it was loud as F in there. Lastly the Jump seats were uncomfortable as F. Another lastly 😂….since they are smaller than the C-141/C-17 or C-5 we were always packed in there like Sardine’s. Just miserable from my perspective

Reactions: Jan Itor
I wish. The thing about the C-130 is depending on where you sat it was either hot or cold as F. Seemed like turbulence effected it more and it was loud as F in there. Lastly the Jump seats were uncomfortable as F. Another lastly 😂….since they are smaller than the C-141/C-17 or C-5 we were always packed in there like Sardine’s. Just miserable from my perspective
Flew on a C-130 from the Big Island to Oahu. Short flight, but I was sitting in a hanger seat the faced the windows. The plane banked on approach and I was looking at the ground. Very strange feeling.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Seems impossible if talking in air time but ok.
Well, technically you can refuel a C-130...

The AC-130 also holds the record for the longest sustained flight by a C-130. From 22 to 24 October 1997, two AC-130U gunships flew 36 hours nonstop from Hurlburt Field, Florida to Taegu (Daegu), South Korea, being refueled seven times by KC-135 tanker aircraft.

How much more expensive would it be to fly on one of those chartered Jets. I know they come in and out of Las Vegas constantly. The customers seem to be regular folks who would otherwise be in the first-class cabin of a Jetliner.

ADVERTISEMENT