ADVERTISEMENT

I had the pleasure of witnessing a fight.

KennyPowers_96

HR Heisman
Feb 25, 2013
Not a sanctioned bout, but the kind at a gas station where shit just goes off. It didn’t disappoint.

For context, I was on W Lake st in Minneapolis. There’s every type of person in that area and while safe, things can happen once in awhile. I was stopped at a stop light and I noticed a guy pull in to a gas station quickly and right in front of a van that just pulled up. A tall guy that used to be athletic before drugs, alcohol and white trash lifestyle brought him down, jumps out and starts screaming at the guy filling the van. Van guy was about 35, 5’10 and fairly unassuming.

The van guy was passive, pleading to calm down, etc. He even walked behind his van to avoid the guy, while wt guy kicks his door. Van guy gets a little upset and says get the hell away from me (we all had our windows down at this point. Heavy traffic was our friend as the light turns, but I can only go about 3 car lengths. WT guy screaming louder, then pokes him in the chest, while irritated van guy tries swatting his hand back and trying to avoid a fight.

Finally, wt guy is melting down at the lack of response, so he hocked up a loogey, loud enough for me to hear, and spit in his face. Bad move. Shocked van guy has enough and comes at him, takes a punch to the face, before dropping wt guy with a punch, then jumped on him proceeding to beat the shit out of the guy. I love human beings sometimes.

Moral of the story: even a passive person may beat the shit out of you, if you spit in their face.

Not a sanctioned bout, but the kind at a gas station where shit just goes off. It didn’t disappoint.

For context, I was on W Lake st in Minneapolis. There’s every type of person in that area and while safe, things can happen once in awhile. I was stopped at a stop light and I noticed a guy pull in to a gas station quickly and right in front of a van that just pulled up. A tall guy that used to be athletic before drugs, alcohol and white trash lifestyle brought him down, jumps out and starts screaming at the guy filling the van. Van guy was about 35, 5’10 and fairly unassuming.

The van guy was passive, pleading to calm down, etc. He even walked behind his van to avoid the guy, while wt guy kicks his door. Van guy gets a little upset and says get the hell away from me (we all had our windows down at this point. Heavy traffic was our friend as the light turns, but I can only go about 3 car lengths. WT guy screaming louder, then pokes him in the chest, while irritated van guy tries swatting his hand back and trying to avoid a fight.

Finally, wt guy is melting down at the lack of response, so he hocked up a loogey, loud enough for me to hear, and spit in his face. Bad move. Shocked van guy has enough and comes at him, takes a punch to the face, before dropping wt guy with a punch, then jumped on him proceeding to beat the shit out of the guy. I love human beings sometimes.

Moral of the story: even a passive person may beat the shit out of you, if you spit in their face.
It’s usually calm passive guy that you need to be afraid of, not loud barking punk guy.

It’s usually calm passive guy that you need to be afraid of, not loud barking punk guy.
Kind of like this?

giphy.gif

how long did wh guy beat on other guy? In MN, self defense can become something different rather quickly

It was pretty quick. He landed a few blows, but he started to pull up after a few seconds, once the other guy went to the fetal position. I think he should be ok and still in self defense mode.

How far west on Lake Street? That area by Office Depot/Kmart is pretty sketchy

It was a block or two west of Lyndale at the SA on the south side of the street. That block is decent, but still close enough to pull in some trash.

Agree on Kmart area. There’s an awesome Mexican bakery in that little strip mall. I used to take my kids with sometimes to soak in the “culture”.

Reactions: WhiteSoxClone
Who’s bragging? If an entertaining story presents itself, I’m going to tell it.

YOU are bragging. You specifically said you and none of the cars around you were trying to stop physical violence from occurring. Those are your words. You explicitly mocked anybody that would call the police because "your area" was hungry to watch a fight.

This is why we all need to be armed with weapons of mass destruction courtesy of the GOP.

YOU are bragging. You specifically said you and none of the cars around you were trying to stop physical violence from occurring. Those are your words. You explicitly mocked anybody that would call the police because "your area" was hungry to watch a fight.

I was joking. You’re salty for no reason and ironically you seem to want to internet fight. I’m not “hungry to watch a fight” anymore than you are hungry to display a sense of humor.

There were no less than 50 witnesses, many of which obviously called the cops. The cops arrived, as I was 100% sure they would. Anything else, ball buster?

I have a buddy that is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and is pretty quiet. But he is one of those guys that is naturally strong as hell. Like, he doesn't look super strong, and he doesn't lift weights, but then you go to move a couch with him and you realize that the dude is just naturally strong as hell.

Anyway, we were leaving a bar up on the hill in Cedar Falls one time and this group is coming in. One of the girls points to my buddy and says, "that's the guy that grabbed my ass last weekend." Well, this was a error on her part because we'd all taken a trip to Atlanta the weekend before. But the girl's boyfriend got in my buddy's face challenging him. We tried to explain it had to be a mistake because he wasn't even in town the previous weekend. But the girl was having none of it, saying we were liars. And the girls boyfriend was getting fired up, putting his finger in my friend's chest, calling him a p*ssy. The entire time, my buddy is backing up, trying to calm the guy down, explaining that it was a mistake, he'd never seen her before, he was out of town that weekend, etc.

Finally, the boyfriend up and open hand slaps my buddy across the face. Big mistake. Maybe if he'd have close fist punched him then he could have dazed my buddy and stood a chance. But he open hand smacked him. Maybe he thought it would be more humiliating for my buddy, I don't know. But all he did was unleash the bear. The next thing I know, my buddy had thrown this dude on the top of a car hood in the parking lot and was piss pounding him. My quiet, unassuming, timid friend was so enraged that it took three of us to pull him off and away from this guy.

To be honest, it was pretty awesome to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT