ADVERTISEMENT

I hate the term "fake news"

mstp1992

HR Legend
Dec 10, 2011
Cedar Rapids -- Iowa City
faseb.org
But, sometimes I guess it really does fit.

t27aKjE.png

The problem with today's news is that is has become so politically biased that those reporting don't do the due diligence to get the facts straight and accurate because they are trying to fulfill the agengda. Too much opinion and bias, regardless of political slants, is common to the the news station reporting it.

The problem with today's news is that is has become so politically biased that those reporting don't do the due diligence to get the facts straight and accurate because they are trying to fulfill the agengda. Too much opinion and bias, regardless of political slants, is common to the the news station reporting it.

And people still eat it up, on both sides.

Reactions: BrianNole09

Ah, and there's that good old false equivalency wingnuts try to fall back on. Never mind that legitimate media is based on facts and verification while Foxlandia makes up stories out of whole cloth.

Ah, and there's that good old false equivalency wingnuts try to fall back on. Never mind that legitimate media is based on facts and verification while Foxlandia makes up stories out of whole cloth.
Oh come on! How many times has the media got it wrong because of their desire to run a story based on poor sources. No due diligence.

Reactions: SIXERS24
Oh come on! How many times has the media got it wrong because of their desire to run a story based on poor sources. No due diligence.

Not nearly as many times as the right pretends. Just look at how sad Trump's fake news awards were. He couldn't find ten good examples. He was probably more wrong on his characterization of half of them then the stories were inaccurate.

That's an entirely different topic. The 24x7 news cycle, the Internet, and the proliferation of information sources has caused many media outlets to sometimes get their facts wrong in their struggle to get the story fast. But that is much different than publish false information out of bias.

This is why newspapers are a much better source of information -- things are 99.99% vetted before they hit print.

Not nearly as many times as the right pretends. Just look at how sad Trump's fake news awards were. He couldn't find ten good examples. He was probably more wrong on his characterization of half of them then the stories were inaccurate.

LOL! That is true.

Has anyone read George Orwell?

Trump wants to create his own reality so that people worship him. It's part of his personality disorder.

Reactions: mstp1992
This is not about a left or right wing, buddy. This is about every news source. Heck, all you have to do is read how the headlines throw out propaganda and then how the article reads. Many times the headline is either glowing or abrasively bad.

Reactions: BrianNole09
This is not about a left or right wing, buddy. This is about every news source. Heck, all you have to do is read how the headlines throw out propaganda and then how the article reads. Many times the headline is either glowing or abrasively bad.

Many times the headline isn't written by the writer of the column. Don't judge a column by it's cover.

Many times the headline isn't written by the writer of the column. Don't judge a column by it's cover.
What Inhave noticed is that many times the Trump hating media tries to make a headline really bad and the article itself is not bad at all. That is the propaganda I refer to by the media as in many cases people will just read a headline and not the article.

I stand by what I said previously, however, that regardless of where one leans politically, they need to take the news source cautiously because so much of it has a political slant.

That's it. It's entertainment, not news. Unfortunately it's left us void of places to go for news.

You have access to more sources of news now than anyone in the history of the world, and there are plenty of principled people reporting news at any number of those sources.

Reactions: cigaretteman
What Inhave noticed is that many times the Trump hating media tries to make a headline really bad and the article itself is not bad at all. That is the propaganda I refer to by the media as in many cases people will just read a headline and not the article.

I stand by what I said previously, however, that regardless of where one leans politically, they need to take the news source cautiously because so much of it has a political slant.

Yeah, that's marketing. Sensationalism sells(look who's in the White House for proof). Whether or not the POTUS admits it or not more people in this country stand apart from him than with him. Knowing that fact, as a copy editor tasked with creating headlines that grab people attention you're going to go for something eye popping so Joe Reader(or more likely Lazy Watcher) doesn't go to your competitors.

Clicks = cash & cash is king. None of this is new in the history of media, and none of it with ever go away.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT