ADVERTISEMENT

I have a "burrowing rabbit" in my backyard! To get rid of him, what's my next move?

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
I live in town, so no guns.....I don't keep a supply of poisons or poison pellets on hand.....What I did do is took a 3" chlorine tab, pushed into the rabbit hole and covered the hole up with the dirt the rabbit kicked out.
What's my next move? I hate these phuquin' critters! They are a plague to civilized man!! Any reasonable advise greatly appreciated. ("Reasonable advise" is a pretty broad term at my house.)

Borrow my cat. She's declawed and wears a bell around her neck and still kills all sorts of rabbits, mice, groundhogs and birds. It always cracks me up thinking that the last thing any of those animals hear is a tinkling bell. Lol

Reactions: 24 so far
I live in town, so no guns.....I don't keep a supply of poisons or poison pellets on hand.....What I did do is took a 3" chlorine tab, pushed into the rabbit hole and covered the hole up with the dirt the rabbit kicked out.
What's my next move? I hate these phuquin' critters! They are a plague to civilized man!! Any reasonable advise greatly appreciated. ("Reasonable advise" is a pretty broad term at my house.)
223513-selfpropelledmowers-troybilt-tb280es12aga26g.jpg

54 degree would be a SW
Not any more!
In the new golf, we no longer have "mens" and "womens" and "senior tees"....we have regular, championship, and forward tees! Likewise we no longer have a "Sand Wedge"...we have 52, 54, 56, 58, 60 and 62 degree wedges with all kinds of "bounce" soles.....One of those higher lofted clubs would probably be used as your sand wedge......Golf, when I was younger, was a much simpler game.

Reactions: The Tradition
1. Have-a-heart trap. Catch him and relocate to another county.
2. Put dry ice in the hole. As it melts, it releases carbon dioxide, which sinks to the bottom of the tunnel and asphyxiates whatever mammal lives there. At least I've heard that this is successful with rat burrows.

Reactions: ghost80 and joelbc1
Not any more!
In the new golf, we no longer have "mens" and "womens" and "senior tees"....we have regular, championship, and forward tees! Likewise we no longer have a "Sand Wedge"...we have 52, 54, 56, 58, 60 and 62 degree wedges with all kinds of "bounce" soles.....One of those higher lofted clubs would probably be used as your sand wedge......Golf, when I was younger, was a much simpler game.
Brah, 58, 60, 62 are lob wedges. 54 & 56 are sand wedges. 50 & 52 are approach or gap wedges.

Reactions: Panic1769
My dog (no pics weirdos) is available, he ate a nest of them a few weeks ago so I think he has the taste for them
Back in the day when we moved in, we had a dog… a terrier that lived to yup and bark… and loved to “root”… we had no rabbits very quickly and for the next several years, I might find a baby rabbit dead in the yard or garden but they were never a burden,. However, the dog died and within two years we had rabbits! It’s been a battle ever since. We are too old for the hassle of a pet, sadly.

I’m not aware of any rabbit species in North America that dig burrows or holes.
This one is just a brown phuquin’ rabbit! Usually they burrow under my shed… this one right in the middle of the damn yard! I read on the inner web sometimes their burrows may be as deep as 10’ and tunnels extend for many’s feet! I’m thinking “sink hole”!

Have an affair with a crazy lady and tell her it’s your pet and then break up with her. See if things work themselves out.

AngelicSnoopyAlligator-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: yescyam and lucas80
Brah, 58, 60, 62 are lob wedges. 54 & 56 are sand wedges. 50 & 52 are approach or gap wedges.
Back in the day, Lee Trevino once said all you need is a 56 degree sand wedge, grind it until you like it and then learn to use it. As I said.. golf was once a much simpler game.
Manufacturers have lessened loft on irons (to “add distance) and then threw in more wedges of varying degrees to confuse the game even further. Pure marketing….. or something.

All of this Bugs Bunny talk has reminded me of a wonderful short story called Coyote v Acme. It’s an account of Wiley Coyote’s claim against the Acme Corporation and it’s defective products which caused him great physical pain and suffering even when used correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
A chlorine tablet?

Just go get one of those have-a-heart traps from Menards or a farm goods store. Put it next to the burrow, throw in some lettuce/carrots, catch him, and then relocate it to the woods.

1085_d_2.jpg

Reactions: DogBoyRy
You absolutely must buy a gun.

Apparently an AR-15 is a good weapon for civilians to possess.

Republicans might even subsidize it.

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
ADVERTISEMENT