ADVERTISEMENT

I have a "burrowing rabbit" in my backyard! To get rid of him, what's my next move?

Back in the day, Lee Trevino once said all you need is a 56 degree sand wedge, grind it until you like it and then learn to use it. As I said.. golf was once a much simpler game.
Manufacturers have lessened loft on irons (to “add distance) and then threw in more wedges of varying degrees to confuse the game even further. Pure marketing….. or something.
I personally only carry a 56. Plenty of loft. Open up the face a bit if I need to flop it, which is a bad idea for me.

@Peta called and said to tell you people that you're all monsters!
monster-gingerbread-man.gif

I live in town, so no guns.....I don't keep a supply of poisons or poison pellets on hand.....What I did do is took a 3" chlorine tab, pushed into the rabbit hole and covered the hole up with the dirt the rabbit kicked out.
What's my next move? I hate these phuquin' critters! They are a plague to civilized man!! Any reasonable advise greatly appreciated. ("Reasonable advise" is a pretty broad term at my house.)
caddy-shack-gun.gif

Reactions: Tunadog
Step one: fil the whole with Diesel
Step two: light the match

You'll be sending a message to all rabbits in the neighborhood.

A chlorine tablet?

Just go get one of those have-a-heart traps from Menards or a farm goods store. Put it next to the burrow, throw in some lettuce/carrots, catch him, and then relocate it to the woods.

1085_d_2.jpg

Yeah, live trap but why drive to the woods? Snap its neck, clean it and make some rabbit stew. I eat my yard rabbits and they are fine.

I live in town, so no guns.....I don't keep a supply of poisons or poison pellets on hand.....What I did do is took a 3" chlorine tab, pushed into the rabbit hole and covered the hole up with the dirt the rabbit kicked out.
What's my next move? I hate these phuquin' critters! They are a plague to civilized man!! Any reasonable advise greatly appreciated. ("Reasonable advise" is a pretty broad term at my house.)
Scorched Earth approach.

54 degree LOB wedge should do the trick...
Hmmm, that seems pretty low for a LOB wedge.

That's a slightly strong SW.

Anyways, I would pull out the SW due to the increased bounce. Good chance you would hit it fat and dig the leading edge in too much. Use the bounce!

Borrow my cat. She's declawed and wears a bell around her neck and still kills all sorts of rabbits, mice, groundhogs and birds. It always cracks me up thinking that the last thing any of those animals hear is a tinkling bell. Lol
Groundhogs? How big is that cat?

I wish the rabbit would ask for help on how to get rid of the OP. The rabbit seems like the sympathetic character in this scenario.

Reactions: Pinehawk
I'm not sure, but if you don't buy it from Acme, you're doing it wrong.

OP always seemed like a 'get off my lawn!' guy.

And, it seems that was true.

Hmmm, that seems pretty low for a LOB wedge.

That's a slightly strong SW.

Anyways, I would pull out the SW due to the increased bounce. Good chance you would hit it fat and dig the leading edge in too much. Use the bounce!
Disagree. I think you want a wedge with low bounce to decapitate a rabbit's head. Probably an 8* bounce with an M grind for more versatility in case you want to lay the wedge down and open the face to get a higher trajectory on the rabbit's head.

Back in the day when we moved in, we had a dog… a terrier that lived to yup and bark… and loved to “root”… we had no rabbits very quickly and for the next several years, I might find a baby rabbit dead in the yard or garden but they were never a burden,. However, the dog died and within two years we had rabbits! It’s been a battle ever since. We are too old for the hassle of a pet, sadly.

I'd have killed the dog and welcomed any rabbits that showed up.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
ADVERTISEMENT